Light-O-Rama Forums

Mini director

chazely

I have the mini director plugged in with 14 sequences on it. I am running TWO 16 channel controllers.. Once the director starts, it plays MOST of the sequences, but it skips 4 of them. I can almost hear something like a "needle" from a record player sound as it skips the sequence. All sequences were added using the "Simple show builder". The other sequences, mp3 etc are running smoothly. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance!

I suggest rebuilding the show in the simple show builder just incase something went wrong during the transfer and un-plug the data cable to the director so it loses power and then re connect ( kinda of a reboot)

I am NOT using .wav files. All mp3 files. I did rebuild, in fact I even reformatted the SD card to make sure nothing was "leftover" on it. Still have the same problem As for the "verifier" idea, I don't see that option. It may be staring me in the face, and I apologize if it is something that simple...

Any other ideas? If I plug my computer in, all of the sequences work fine. Really a head scratcher.

Thanks again for the ideas and help!

Try rebuilding the show using the Hardware Utility (LOR MP3 tab). I have not had great results with the Simple Show builder for some reason. Not sure that is your problem, but is another trouble shooting method. Also try a different SD card.

Can try updating the firmware of the mini-director (pretty easy to do).

Anything different about those 4 songs--such as they are much longer songs or something (including any "silent" space at the end of the sequence)? The older firmware of the mini-director only played sequences less than a certain length (<10min I think).