Light-O-Rama Forums

Waiting on S3

Larry Leonhardt

srwmemphis wrote:

I have sequence editor v2.9.4 advanced and just purchased a license renewal so I can upgrade to S3. The email I received told me to open sequence editor, click on Help, then click on "upgrade light-o-rama"
The problem I am having is there is no "upgrade light-o-rama" to select.

Any ideas?

Thanks
Stephen Walker

If it's currently in demo mode, the link will say "Register Light-O-Rama" rather than "Upgrade Light-O-Rama", so try that.

If that doesn't explain what you see happening, please let me know.

We'll fix the email to mention both possibilities. Thanks for pointing it out.

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jimswinder

• bob

• JBullard

• Surfing4Dough

bob wrote:

srwmemphis wrote:
I have sequence editor v2.9.4 advanced and just purchased a license renewal so I can upgrade to S3. The email I received told me to open sequence editor, click on Help, then click on "upgrade light-o-rama"
The problem I am having is there is no "upgrade light-o-rama" to select.

Any ideas?

Thanks
Stephen Walker

If it's currently in demo mode, the link will say "Register Light-O-Rama" rather than "Upgrade Light-O-Rama", so try that.

If that doesn't explain what you see happening, please let me know.

We'll fix the email to mention both possibilities. Thanks for pointing it out.

Hmmm... wait a minute... it looks to me like it already says both possibilities:

"... click on the 'Help' menu, and select 'Upgrade Light-O-Rama' (or, if the computer is not already registered, 'Register Light-O-Rama')."

It's possible that I'm not looking at the right email, so could you please double check yours to see if it mentions that? If it does not, please send me (bob@lightorama.com) a copy of the email. Thanks.

Bob
sent you the email
my software has been registered for quite some time. but neither option is popping up under the help tab.

Ok I just found the downloas S3 link on the LOR website, downloaded and installed the new software. it automaticaly found my license key and registered it for me. it appears to be working fine.

I still don't get that crazy email, but what ever. I'm up and running. LOL

Jeff Millard wrote:

iresq wrote:
Can we please hear from more IT people about software deployment? I still don't understand. :P;)

Ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha! ROTFLMFAO!

Jeff

Feel all better now?:)

-klb- wrote:

Now where is the step between 8 and 24 ribbon SuperStar license? Like 12?

I am not complaining about the price, but I agree...a step between 8 and 24 would have been nice...

like 12 or 16...

Thanks Brian and LOR for the great software!!!!! :P

Jeff Millard wrote:

JoeKinne wrote:
...the traffic arouund here is going drop through the floor for a couple of days...

William, John, remember the weekend the Beta was released? There were a couple threads where they said "where's the Beta Testers? Sure is quiet around here... LOL

I give Jim about 3 hours. Just enough time to realize he needs help making a tree that looks like it already fell down...

Jeff

Jeff, I read your post, then all the ones after it and I'm still LMAO!!!:P

OK, the price is not bad for what it does. For all the newer people like me, we might have a hard time explaining to the wife that just 14 months after purchasing the advanced S2 software in the summer sale that I am spending 200 more on the next Gen software. I figured they would have gave a little more of a break than $20 to the people that purchased it in the sale last year. Anyways, awesome work and I am looking forward to many hours with all of the new features added.

timmy wrote:

OK, the price is not bad for what it does. For all the newer people like me, we might have a hard time explaining to the wife that just 14 months after purchasing the advanced S2 software in the summer sale that I am spending 200 more on the next Gen software. I figured they would have gave a little more of a break than $20 to the people that purchased it in the sale last year. Anyways, awesome work and I am looking forward to many hours with all of the new features added.

HUH?

Where did the $200 figure come from?

To switch from S2 Advanced to S3 Advanced is only $ 29.95

http://store.lightorama.com/solire.html

Timmy,

If you have the advanced bersion already, the renewal license is only like $29.95. The additional cost is if you add the superstar stuff. Since I don't have any CCR's I don't plan on getting that part. I've already got 3.0 downloaded and running.. now... for the next 223 hours of playing!!!!

Mrrhhhahahhahahahha!

jimswinder wrote:

-klb- wrote:
Now where is the step between 8 and 24 ribbon SuperStar license?  Like 12?

I am not complaining about the price, but I agree...a step between 8 and 24 would have been nice...

like 12 or 16...

Thanks Brian and LOR for the great software!!!!!  :D

Wow, I was thinking, why does it only go up to 24???:cool:

I thought I read Jim wasn't doing a physical show this year.
He is just going to run the show on the visualizer and put it on his website?:P

I had purchased 3 ccr for this year. I got the $200 from the site saying the full upgrade with superstar. I was going to get the highest version because of future expansion. I ended up going with the 4 ccr version for $79. I love the new look of the visualizer. The software is awesome so far.

• 2 months later...

Don wrote:

jimswinder wrote:
kinda difficult to ask questions about a "phantom" product...  :P

Really, Jim?

Odd, because by that definition the CCB's are a phantom product. Yet I seem to recall you asking many questions about them. (Didn't you go so far as to tear down part of your display in anticipation of their release?)

I called LoR today because I had a ton of questions about integrating 10 CCRs to my show for 2012, and guess who answered the phone? Dan :) (pretty sure it was the CEO, Dan Baldwin).

He told me several things: #1 CCBs will be like CCRs, but with C9 bulbs, and they're expecting to have them stocked for the summer 2012 sale :) #2 RGB LED Floods will also be coming to the party, but will cost around $100. #3 Showtime mp3 is getting a huge face-lift and able to handle all CCRs used in a show without many of the limitations it had before.

All in all - very good news is coming our way you lighting enthusiast crazies :)

DLTSLC wrote:

He told me several things: #1 CCBs will be like CCRs, but with C9 bulbs,

sure he said C9 and not C6?