Light-O-Rama Forums

Adding Leaping arches and e1.31 screen to LOR mini trees and mega tree

Wonko

Hope everyone had a great thanksgiving!

I managed to get my Alphapix matrix, my RGB leaping arches, and my mega tree all working last night!

The only question I have left is about matching matrix universes in sequences during a show.

I bought two sequences (so far) from WowLights that come with three matrices each. The “Matrix 2” option has the same Universe and start channels, so it works fine. The “matrix 1” option has different universe and start channels in both sequences (one sequence has consecutive universes all starting at channel 1, the other shares some universes per string).

If I wanted to use “matrix 1” (cause it looks cooler) for each sequence, is there a way to make a show with two sequences that use different universe/start channels? Would I change the prop def somehow?

thanks for your help!

Another problem - my pixel matrix is showing words backwards on the right side of the matrix…

in other words, it should say Ding (on the left), and Dong (on the right), but the Dong is reversed (like it says DING GNOD).

any ideas?

7 minutes ago, Wonko said:

Another problem - my pixel matrix is showing words backwards on the right side of the matrix…

in other words, it should say Ding (on the left), and Dong (on the right), but the Dong is reversed (like it says DING GNOD).

any ideas?

Did you 'fold' some strings?

Or reverse the ports  (node 1 at far end, last node at port)

Edited by TheDucks

You will likely find that everything is backwards.  Words just are more obvious.  Usually caused by having the start point for the matrix in Prop editor not match reality (i.e. upper right vs upper left).  Makes it more fun when you wired it, you may have been looking at the back side so you think upper right is the start of strings and actually it's upper left for example.

There is one fold per string, but I think I assigned that correctly in LOR.

As for the top left vs bottom left - is it accurate to think that if the number 1 plug is in the top left and continues downwards to 11, then I have a Top Left alignment?

I’ll try to flip it in the preview and see what happens.

thanks again guys!

show starts tonight, and I wouldn’t have gotten close to this without all your help!!!

🙏🙏🙏

All problems solved!!! 
Show is running, and pixel matrix is working.

Turns out I had entered 46 nodes into LOR instead of 92 (cause the string has a fold).

Tomorrow, I’m going to try to build a sequence with words to announce which songs are in that night’s show to play in between shows.

Wish me luck! 🤣