Light-O-Rama Forums

Adding Leaping arches and e1.31 screen to LOR mini trees and mega tree

Wonko

Thanks - I’ll try to change it to a real static IP. That address is the one that is defaulted by the E6804. The guy from Sandevice recommended I leave it at default. I think he said it was something to do w/ being not able to access the controller’s website after changing the IP.

As for the preview settings matching the prop definition…this is a WowLights sequence, so it looked like they auto set the preview via some kind of wizard.

I’ve attached a pic of the prop def for the RGB arches. Should this be set to RGB pixels instead of Dumb RGB?BD9E8144-EDF5-4250-99B6-36E0FA750E45.jpeg.77688e99a95dcc3e38ef8bf9d162436a.jpeg

Should be RGB pixels.

The device type should be DMX and the universe and pixel counts filled in. It is currently set to a lor device.

Ok - thanks.

There’s a bunch of RGB arches listed in the sequence. All of them are set to LOR and dumb for some reason. 
Here’s the change I made (in the pic). The RGB strip I have is plugged into the controller’s port 2 (which is set to universe 15). Unfortunately, it’s still not working when I play the show. Does this look right?

Also - you mentioned checking my control lights above. I’m not sure what that means. Can you please explain how to run a control for an RGB strip? 

13542B2D-3828-4084-92F1-1A4F76CCDE9C.jpeg.4bdaef1b462be0e0ac7c17d83c5af88a.jpeg

thanks again!

Or even better - is there a way to have S5 just turn everything on at once? I think I remember a way to turn on all the lights on my LOR controller via S5. Is there the same option for an e1.31 controller?

Update - I spoke to someone at WowLights to find out which arches in their sequences I should use for the RGB arches with my controller. He told me to use the “basic arches”, and to put them on universe 47-50 (since those were unused). I did that on my controller’s website, the network preferences for S5, and I changed the basic arches on the sequence to be RGB pixels, DMX universe 47-50 at 510. 
then I went back into the sequence editor, and I played the show. But the pixel strip didn’t light up.

any idea what to try next?

thanks again…

3 hours ago, Wonko said:

Ok - thanks.

There’s a bunch of RGB arches listed in the sequence. All of them are set to LOR and dumb for some reason. 
Here’s the change I made (in the pic). The RGB strip I have is plugged into the controller’s port 2 (which is set to universe 15). Unfortunately, it’s still not working when I play the show. Does this look right?

Also - you mentioned checking my control lights above. I’m not sure what that means. Can you please explain how to run a control for an RGB strip? 

13542B2D-3828-4084-92F1-1A4F76CCDE9C.jpeg.4bdaef1b462be0e0ac7c17d83c5af88a.jpeg

thanks again!

Prop def is not right. 25 bulbs is only 75 channels, not 150.

Control lights enable is in Sequencer slide out panel on right. Only applies to Sequencer playback though.

• Like 1

This is so basic, but I can’t figure out how to get this cap off. 
My new pixel matrix controller just showed up with these caps, and I think I’m going to break the cable if I pull any harder.

They’re definitely supposed to come off, right? I’m sure they connect to the extensions that were included, which then connect to the matrix. But I can’t get it off for the life of me? Is there a trick? Is it reverse threaded or something?

thanks for your help…AFA9C3D8-E050-4204-B3FE-9C0AC04F1380.jpeg.83c4b05f26ea6b1049513b7e927db106.jpeg

9 minutes ago, Wonko said:

Figured out the above - 😣 

the cap unscrews 🤦‍♂️

The sure fire way to solve some issues. Post😛  the try one more time.

Welcome. 

Ok - so we’re making progress!

I talked to the guy from Sandevices today, and he told me to run my E6804 in multi cast (and adjust the network prefs in S5 to multicast also). And lo and behold - my arches are leaping!

I also received my Alphapix Matrix Screen from HolidayCoro. Right now, I have the E6804 running into the holidaycoro’s network port and then to my laptop. 
the arches are leaping, but the screen isn’t working.

When I turn the screen on, all the pixels light up blue. Which I’m told means it’s all working.

I must be configuring something wrong in LOR.

the sequence from WowLights has the matrices setup from universe 110-145, so I went to network prefs and put those on multicast also, but it’s still not working.

Does anyone know if the HolidayCoro Alphapix can run in multicast, and if so how I would change that?

thanks again…93F78741-B1DF-4B30-A2B8-F08FFC87185F.jpeg.8e3f19e5637aac07778b1cfec414cc38.jpeg

08BB4B04-1FF9-482C-BDB8-948754CF619E.jpeg.5527835738ed281351a83e74d6e3394c.jpeg

5 minutes ago, Wonko said:

I talked to the guy from Sandevices today, and he told me to run my E6804 in multi cast (and adjust the network prefs in S5 to multicast also). And lo and behold - my arches are leaping!

If that fixed it, then you had some config mismatch between the SanDevices and the computer.  Multicast essentially puts the data into a broadcast mode.  That results in hiding the real problem.

Ah. Shoot…

Will running the E6804 in multicast screw up the rest of the show, or can I limp through w/ this bandaid fix?

I only have the two e1.31 controllers for now, (and two LOR controllers), so the network will still be small.

Has anyone used the Alphapix controller in multicast before?

New issue - my mega tree kit (from WowLights) came with a rope light star, which has what looks like one of the plugs that I used for my RGB strips (the three little pin holes). But it says the rope light star is used on my CTBPC16. What am I missing?

Happy Thanksgiving, btw!

Ok - so everyday we’re getting closer!

I managed to configure the IP address of my Alphapix Matrix controller, and I can actively ping (see pic). It looks like the WowLights sequence sends matrices on universes 110-145 (see other pic). I configured network prefs in LOR to specify that IP (other pic).

My Sandevices controller (for my leaping arches) is plugged into the matrix controller and then into my laptop. It’s running in multicast still, and it’s working.

But the matrix isn’t lighting up. 
Am I missing a step to map the wowlight’s sequence matrix to the network prefs or something?B3091606-F2F4-4355-8276-38D7DFD68AFA.jpeg.c8c02623b123764e1f30cb3e93ec8796.jpeg

02D33EEA-7D31-42D0-962F-8A8794E02F10.jpeg.216952f786e16667c496d374349437f6.jpeg

9B98C4AB-96DF-4ECD-AC60-602BAACE9360.jpeg.277792e75fe42b064d61a5b6d982ca39.jpeg

3 hours ago, Wonko said:

New issue - my mega tree kit (from WowLights) came with a rope light star, which has what looks like one of the plugs that I used for my RGB strips (the three little pin holes). But it says the rope light star is used on my CTBPC16. What am I missing?

Happy Thanksgiving, btw!

A AC power cord

1 minute ago, TheDucks said:

A AC power cord

1 minute ago, TheDucks said:

A AC power cord

LOR's CTB series are dumb AC controllers

Another update - I realized that I hadn’t assigned the pixel controller to the universes on its website. I did that, and I got pixels lighting up! But it doesn’t look right. I’m guessing I didn’t assign them correctly.

Can someone explain the difference between a ribbon screen and a matrix in the WowLights sequences? I’m not sure how to assign the universes to get it to look right.

I’ve purchase the S5 pro version, which apparently includes everything (layout in pic).

Also, my matrix is 4X8, so do I have to tell S5 how to size the sequence’s matrix or ribbon screen correctly for my matrix?

thanks again, all!DB0DA448-3D58-4C7D-BF30-859493672273.jpeg.745e6e6f7b7f532f99af736e0957d307.jpeg

Unfortunately your phone screen capture is so small, I can't read it.  Please use a screen capture on a PC.

Note:  Storage space on this forum for uploads is VERY small.  Upload graphics to a publicly viewable website and post the link.  If you use something like Google Drive or Dropbox make sure to set it so that the file can be viewed by anyone with the link.