Light-O-Rama Forums

Another Clipboard Bug

gsmith37064

I do remember early on, just scrapping my S4 imported preview and totally redoing my preview in S5 and letting it rebuild the channels. Basically starting from scratch, sometimes carryover from a  previous version can cause some issues.

I looked in my old sequences folder and I have been using S5 since the middle of 2017. So it has been a while since I did my conversion. I know personally since I am all pixels it was the best thing I did, haven't looked back one time.

@dougd

I think you are on to something. I can copy paste the other props just fine. The custom circle prop that was redone breaks every time. So it seems that it has to with the preview designer. How or why? Not sure.

But I think we are a step closer to the issue. I am about to test with circle 2 that was NOT modified.

Circles 1, 2 , and 3 have the copy paste issue. Circle 4 works perfectly. The only circle that was redone to fix the pixel being off was circle 1. So why 2 and 3 are having issues now... not sure.

So I am starting to think its a preview design issue some how.

This evening when I get home, I will copy off the 4 circles to another prop and then delete the circles and then redo all the circles and see if I can paste it back.

I could not resist the temptation so I remoted back in from work to try it.

I went into preview designer and created 4 new circles off of the old circle 1. Basically I copied it 4 times.

Changed the universe's so there is no conflict and saved it.

Went in SE and added the 4 new circles and copied all the old existing circles over to the new ones. Surprised to see it work.

Saved the sequence

Went back into preview designer and deleted the old group circles then the old circles 1-4.

Renamed the new circles back to what I needed and updated the universe to the correct ones.

Saved it and went back in SE.

Everything seems to be working now. I tried a simple copy paste and it worked.

@dougd A big THANK YOU!!!!!!!! for pointing me in the right direction. @MattBrownSeems the bug is still there from 2017 with the preview designer which causes issues with copy paste.

Now I really have to wait till I get home to verify that the lights on the prop actually work.

Edited by gsmith37064

2 hours ago, gsmith37064 said:

@Box on Rails

What is v5.3.8 as shown in your LOR Software Version? Is that newer that 5.3.14? I thought I had the latest.

No not newer. I guess I haven't updated my profile oops. I have 5,3,14

3 hours ago, gsmith37064 said:

I have learned a lot on how the clipboard works now and I am aware of that, but I consider the clipboard to be what I do with the autoflip program. What SE does behind the scene, is the same thing, but I think most people got the feeling I was using the autoflip and that could have been my problem. It's not. Wish it was to be honest as that's an easy fix... don't use it.

Right now, I want a fix as I can no longer work. Copy and paste is 100 percent borked for me at this point.

I will try to use the autoflip this evening just to see if I can move forward still. That's the only option I have yet to try. Maybe I will get lucky.

If you find there is a problem with autoFlip please notify me.   I will research the problem and correct if needed.  

8 minutes ago, ItsMeBobO said:

If you find there is a problem with autoFlip please notify me.   I will research the problem and correct if needed.  

No issues from Autoflip Bob. It's a GREAT little tool. I have yet to use it in S5. Way to many issues with S5. I was planning on giving autoflip a go this evening to see if I could use it as a work around.

But this particular issue has been identified and it seems it's within the preview designer. Hopefully we will get a response from LOR on this.

I only brought this up because it's the only tool I know of that uses the clipboard.

Edited by gsmith37064

AutoFlip will read/modify/create clipboards.     Other pixel tools,   SpEx, PagagayoToLOR and Marquee create clipboards too.   The others create file types,  config.lcs  visualizer.lee.      Message me if anyone needs support on any of these.

• Like 1