Light-O-Rama Forums

Lights lagging

dgrusty

Let me see if I can piece your two messages together to get the answers to my questions.

Regular Network:  57.6K non-Enhanced with sixteen 16 channel controllers (256 channels max being used).

AuxA Network: 500K non-Enhanced with tree, star, & circles with 1,000 pixels total.

AuxB Network:  500K non-Enhanced with hortizontal matrix and big bulbs with 1,200 pixels.

AuxC Network:  500K non-Enhanced - I can't tell from your description how many pixels there are on this network.

AuxD Network:  500K non-Enhanced with I think eleven 16 channel controllers (176 channels max being used).

If this is not correct, please correct my list (preferably in an easily readable format like what I did above rather than a couple of run together sentences with different terminology for every network (it made it hard to read)). If I have this right, your AuxA and AuxB networks could be easily pushing limits for a 500K non-Enhanced network.  Since the pixel controllers are Pixie series, up the speed to 100K, and/or go to Enhanced networking (or both).  You should not need to make any config changes to either your show computer or the Pixie controllers other than the network speed in Network Preferences.  BTW, in the description, it does not matter how many lights are connected to and output of a AC controller.  Only pixel controllers does that matter.

That's a good start - and I need to hit the road for a while.

Regular Network:  57.6K non-Enhanced with Five 16 channel controllers (80 channels max being used).

AuxA Network: 500K non-Enhanced with tree, star, & circles with 1,000 pixels total.

AuxB Network:  500K non-Enhanced with hortizontal matrix and big bulbs with 1,200 pixels.

AuxC Network:  500K non-Enhanced - 1600  14x100 big     (channel 15,160    4x50 bullet bulbs rgb star

AuxD Network: 57.6K non-Enhanced with eleven  16 channel controllers   (176 channels max being used).

So drop the speed from 500 to 100K?

as far as enhanced I need to export from Superstar in enhanced mode. (each sequence)   then network preferences in sequence editor.... enhanced for that network

I only split up my regular network and Aux d because they are opposite ends of the house

Correct, a zero was dropped.  Increase speed to 1000K.  And no, you do not need to re-export from SuperStar in order to use Enhanced mode.

• The topic was locked