Light-O-Rama Forums

Lights lagging

dgrusty

Just for grins and giggles, how about re downloading and/or re encoding with Audacity. Perhaps the audio file got a little corrupted.

2 hours ago, PhilMassey said:

Just for grins and giggles, how about re downloading and/or re encoding with Audacity. Perhaps the audio file got a little corrupted.

Did that already :) With all my songs. 

The thing that is most frustrating is that it works fine when playing from Sequencer. What is different about playing from Show Player ? I even took the .LMS file created by Show Player and fed it back in to Sequencer and played fine. But when I took the same LMS file (produced by Show Player) and played in a Show, it has the out of synch situation again.

I have an issue with lag and got a program to constantly clear out my RAM.  It helps. I also shut down my computer daily.  I have 2 large pixel trees Im running E1.31 and plus 40 houses Im running LOR.  So my files are LARGE.  Running fine thru the sequencer doesn't mean crap.  IF your issue is syncing, that would be your audio file and you need to make sure its a constant bitrate and not variable.  You can chase that all day long and it will never be right.  I use GoldWave to simply convert the files to constant rate mp3 files.  Hope this helps and good luck!

Thanks for everyone's input. I greatly appreciate it. 

Some good news to report. I decided to try one of my kid's laptops instead. Slower machine but I thought try. In short, all is working great now on the older laptop. I'm guessing there is something running on my laptop (not on my kid's) that was blocking/inhibiting some network traffic to the controllers. Just a guess. Anyway, now at least I can move forward getting ready for Christmas now that Halloween show is working.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, dgrusty said:

Thanks for everyone's input. I greatly appreciate it. 

Some good news to report. I decided to try one of my kid's laptops instead. Slower machine but I thought try. In short, all is working great now on the older laptop. I'm guessing there is something running on my laptop (not on my kid's) that was blocking/inhibiting some network traffic to the controllers. Just a guess. Anyway, now at least I can move forward getting ready for Christmas now that Halloween show is working.

I'm glad you tried that laptop. I've been following your thread, but I haven't had anything to interject. I am glad you got a resolution before Halloween so your show could go on. I think we all know how frustrating something not working the way you expect can be.

Congratulations on solving this, sort of. I'm having exactly the same problem and it sent me into panic mode, or as close as I get at this age. I tried your solution and it also worked for me as well. Thanks. I still have a question about why this happens on my regular computer, a Dell Inspiron 15. The old computer is also a dell Inspiron. Is there an answer anywhere on the forum? We can't be alone in this.

Richard

As a rule on my show laptop I turn everything off when running a show. I turn off wifi, bluetooth, updates, even my antivirus. Since the computer isn't connected to anything other then my show anything and everything gets turned off as to make sure that nothing interferes with the show and that the computer isn't using any other resources.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mr. P said:

As a rule on my show laptop I turn everything off when running a show. I turn off wifi, bluetooth, updates, even my antivirus. Since the computer isn't connected to anything other then my show anything and everything gets turned off as to make sure that nothing interferes with the show and that the computer isn't using any other resources.

Even though my show and development computer are the same, I do one last update before turning it over to show only and then turn everything off as Mr. P notes. Didn't have any issues last year, not expecting any this year.

20 minutes ago, tlogan said:

Even though my show and development computer are the same, I do one last update before turning it over to show only and then turn everything off as Mr. P notes. Didn't have any issues last year, not expecting any this year.

Where's your spirit of adventure?

4 hours ago, PCRail said:

Congratulations on solving this, sort of. I'm having exactly the same problem and it sent me into panic mode, or as close as I get at this age. I tried your solution and it also worked for me as well. Thanks. I still have a question about why this happens on my regular computer, a Dell Inspiron 15. The old computer is also a dell Inspiron. Is there an answer anywhere on the forum? We can't be alone in this.

Richard

I say the biggest offender if you are running windows 10 is it has an annoying search tool that auto-starts and indexes the drives anytime the file structure changes. You have to go into Services to turn it off. Just know if you do a power search for a file it may take longer to complete.

1. Win+r

2. services.msc

3. Double-click on Windows Search

4. Click the Stop button on the window that opens

5. Change the startup type to Disabled

6. Click ok

There are other services, but do it at your own risk. Here's a guide I have used in the past if you still feel the machine is running slow.

https://www.reginout.com/help-center/turn-off-windows-10-services-get-unfair-speed-boost/

You can always restart them if you turn one off your system actually needs. Make a list of anything you disable with the value of the Startup Type field for each one so you can set it back if you need. This is also a great way to shut off the update service if you have that issue as well.

2 hours ago, PhilMassey said:

Where's your spirit of adventure?

Trying to finish 10 new lamp posts and apply a vinyl poster to a cutout in time for this year. And switching to S5.

And Defrag your disk (W10 does this in background IF you leave it ON when not using it). At least run the report to see how you stand

1 hour ago, tlogan said:

Trying to finish 10 new lamp posts and apply a vinyl poster to a cutout in time for this year. And switching to S5.

Those lamp posts aren't done yet? Slacker...

• 2 weeks later...

I had this issue.  For me it was my network speed setting that caused the lag.   Even though I thought I had set it to higher speed it was set to slowest.   

Red USB adapter required but once set to highest speed life was good.  

Sax

• 1 month later...
38 minutes ago, Douglas said:

I got 32 Gigs of memory and still lags

Huh! I don't see you initial post describing your LOR setup. What adapterS? What controllers?

RAM is only a tiny part of a running show.

16 regular controller's   3 pixie 16 and 2 pixie 2's  Regular controllers are  on a regular networks and com 8 ...my 16 ccr ribbon tree is on aux a with my 4 circles both are ribbons   I have a Horizontal pixie 16 that is bullet bulbs  that's on aux B net work along with the 2 pixie 2's that border my back shop with big rgb bulbs..... and then I have a house border with the big rgb bulbs along with 2 ports for a RGB star. All of these rgb are on 100 big bulbs except the bullets that are 50

What network speed on each network, is each network Enhanced or non-Enhanced, and how many pixels (or if you prefer, channels) on each network?

Regular and com 8  are 57.6  these are the regular controllers....  all the other networks are 500L ....all networks are non enhanced ....regular network  1 thru 4 is old style lights   may be 200 lights not running them all channel A is my ribbons 16 (tree) (RGB star) 50 pixels each and 4  ribbon circles  50 pixels. B network has 16 x 50 pixels  (Horizontal display bullet bulbs) daisy chained to the 2 pixie 2's  with 4 ports of 100 pixals (Big Bulbs)...C network has 16 channels... 1-14 Is the house borders along with ground borders  these are 100 pixels( big Bulbs) ...network D with regular controllers 7-17  has wagon wheels  all sizes trees picket fence prob around a 1000 different led lights (No RGB Bulbs). I tried some enhanced when going from SS to SE.  Did not work for me... I am sure I am doing things wrong