Light-O-Rama Forums

Auto Sequence Singing Faces feature documentation

BrianBruderer

Yes, you make a preview in the S5 sequencer. In the tutorial it shows making a preview using the LOR singing trees. After making the preview, each element of the tree is just one square on the green sequencing grid. So the "image" for each element of the tree is just one square on the green sequencing grid. Or if you want to light up more than one element then the image could have several squares in it, one square for each element you want to light up.

After doing some testing I really like the look and movements of the default singing faces. I am building another 1200 pixel matrix for this purpose. I have yet to test the singing faces in real life. Has anyone tested them on a matrix or a tree and if so what did you think? The viewing distance for my matrix will be about 70 feet away. Spacing for my matrix is 1.9 inches. Also it seems like a lot of pixels just to have 3 singing faces but I figured that when the faces are not singing I can always put some effects on the matrix.

I'm not using the default face I use gif I have 7 different faces I don't use vis S4.44 I use view to play my show I have my pixel tree there with my leds I put the sequences at the fourm sharing and I found a real easy way to do it I have 600 songs ready to do

Havent started christmas next mth I only doing ones I dont have regular faces I have that in led faces

Great.........Mine are LED  Would you please send me a copy of Rockin around the Christmas Tree............I sure would appreciate it  My email is gmerd@zoominternet.net

Here how I use auto face first I import a pic file I then take the mouth out I then first pic straight line add same pic make the o add pic make AAA add the pic make mid add pic make full then save it as sup file for the song I go on utube get the Acapella version of the original song now ready to make the singing face open super star go to auto face I then open the sup face put it into the face part now I load the song you have to do it this way or it won't load now do auto sequence the face after I done this I will run it and clean it up takes about ten minutes now your ready to export it to sequence editor

Edited by james morris

• 2 months later...

is there a way to use the superstar auto sequencer and then import it into S4? Curently using LOR S4.4.4 and when i click on superstar, it does not have the auto sequence feature. Advanced licence

4 hours ago, Nuno said:

is there a way to use the superstar auto sequencer and then import it into S4? Curently using LOR S4.4.4 and when i click on superstar, it does not have the auto sequence feature. Advanced licence

What is your SS license , SS version?

You May have to be pro , cant compare levels right now on cell

If you had correct version of everything you can export to SE using SS/File/ export to SE

JR

Auto Sequence has been in superstar since 4.3.34. But I think you are referring to the "Auto Sequence Singing Faces" feature. If you copy the SSEdit.exe from an S5 installation into an S4 installation, the SSEdit.exe will run just fine in S4 and you can do the "Auto Sequence Singing Faces" feature on a visualization the same way you do it on a Preview.

Also, if you send an email to brian@superstarlights.com I will give you a way to get the latest SSEdit.exe that you can use in your S4 installation.

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/14/2019 at 6:15 AM, james morris said:

That is how I do it I find a gif file of a hole face set one mouth close with face set 2 mouth at the AAA  with face set 3 mouth o with face  set 4 mouth 3/4 open with face  set 5 mouth full open with face making sure you have the full face with all mouth movement looks great save as sup file then when I need to do a face I open instant face then open face sup file then set all 5 then load audio there run sequence face

do you have the gif files that you can share? I am using the holiday coro RGB faces with 5 movements

The faces are for the auto face for the pixel tree there are sup files

Edited by james morris

• 1 month later...

Need some help please? I used this tutorial however  when I do the second part to sequence the RGB singing faces, I have no preview when I play it on S5. The super star preview is fine and display when I play the song. Did I do something wrong? I even tried it on a separate pc that have no props/previews on it.

10 hours ago, Diveau said:

Need some help please? I used this tutorial however  when I do the second part to sequence the RGB singing faces, I have no preview when I play it on S5. The super star preview is fine and display when I play the song. Did I do something wrong? I even tried it on a separate pc that have no props/previews on it.

I do not use S5 however for the Auto faces in SS when I import them (testing only) in to S4 only one row per my moments are populated. Therefore I have to copy paste each row by 50. That sounds like it may be your problem as well.

Open the sequence RGB if you can and ensure it is populating all strands per port.

JR 

In version 5.3.14 there is a bug that the Sequencer only displays the first item in a group. The bug will be fixed in the next release.

Are you using 5.3.14 ?

8 hours ago, BrianBruderer said:

In version 5.3.14 there is a bug that the Sequencer only displays the first item in a group. The bug will be fixed in the next release.

Are you using 5.3.14 ?

Hi, Yes I'm using 5.3.14.

Wait until the next release and it should work.

Alternatively, you could uninstall 5.3.14 and install 5.3.12

• 8 months later...
On 10/29/2019 at 5:44 PM, BrianBruderer said:

Auto Sequence has been in superstar since 4.3.34. But I think you are referring to the "Auto Sequence Singing Faces" feature. If you copy the SSEdit.exe from an S5 installation into an S4 installation, the SSEdit.exe will run just fine in S4 and you can do the "Auto Sequence Singing Faces" feature on a visualization the same way you do it on a Preview.

Also, if you send an email to brian@superstarlights.com I will give you a way to get the latest SSEdit.exe that you can use in your S4 installation.

hi, brian i am using the s4.4 with SS add on advanced however i just bought pro have not used it yet. from what i am understanding i could use auto sequence to make 4  regular 8 channel led lit faces that i use  with my lor controllers is that correct? how would i go about that, i dont see a video on it and dont know where to start or how to find the SSEdit.exe from s5 nor do i understand how to get it into S4. any help would be greatly appreciated. my email is randy88stang@gmail.com

Randy,

Yes you can do auto sequence singing faces using S4 and using your own singing faces. But it takes some work to make a visualization of your singing faces.

Have you made a visualization before?
  • Like 1