Light-O-Rama Forums

Pixie16 Setup and Configuration step by step

dibblejr

7 hours ago, yundy1 said:

Hi firstly  Ive read all of your post, and all questions replied to in the hope of finding my Answer

Thank you for your very instructive Information,

I just received my pix16 this week  and managed to get it running on my desktop,

pre reading your awesome  EASIER instructions,

Anyways it works fine on my desktop,   but I can not repeat the success on my laptop which I use to control my shows

both computers WIN 7  S5

Ive now  followed everything to your letter including resetting the dip  as you suggested ,

The hardware controller finds the unit  it always has, I config everything so at that point its  ok ,  tests lights ok

Then I enter Network Preferences  double check the comm port is correct and raise the speed to  500,  click apply / ok

I get both the dialogue boxes are per your  descriptions, so I assumed its loaded the settings  however  if  I try to run a sequence with motion effects it says enhancement is required

I click ADVANCED   within network settings

I get  runtime error438  in a box it reads vbalexplorer bar lib runtime error 438 object doesn't support the property or method 

and  the Network Preferences shut down  I can run regular speeds from the laptop used it for a few years no issues but first time with pixels

Ive rebooted pc installed latest  LOR version today  running S5  so may my question be out of your ball park 

any Ideas appreciated thanks Sandra Oz

The only time I have ever seen this is when someone tried to use a notebook or whatever they are and not a laptop.

Sorry I am not a person in to scrip coding or logic.

You may want to submit a HD ticket and please be patient this is a very busy time of year for LOR staff.

Since you have it running on the desktop makes me think it may be the age of the laptop to something.

Best of luck and happy my write up helped you originally set it up.

JR

1 hour ago, dibblejr said:

The only time I have ever seen this is when someone tried to use a notebook or whatever they are and not a laptop.

Sorry I am not a person in to scrip coding or logic.

You may want to submit a HD ticket and please be patient this is a very busy time of year for LOR staff.

Since you have it running on the desktop makes me think it may be the age of the laptop to something.

Best of luck and happy my write up helped you originally set it up.

JR

Thanks JR no problem,

the desktop is way older than the laptop LoL, but I will raise a Ticket anyhow

Im patient understanding of Workloads in Season

and I will keep trying to solve it whilst I wait for the ticket response

thank you kindly for Responding Sandra,,

• Like 1

JR

I just watched your video. Excellent, thanks. I'm running S5 and steps don't exactly track.

I'm trying to add a 2nd Pixie8 and I plan to daisy chain it to my current Pixie8. I can't find the 'Add Device' option in S5. So my problem is assigning props to the ports on the 2nd Pixie8 in the daisy chain. Right now, the new Pixie8 is unit 02, but cabled 1st, and the old one is unit 01, but cabled last. When I play an old sequence, it lights up unit 02.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Bob W

2 minutes ago, BobW said:

JR

I just watched your video. Excellent, thanks. I'm running S5 and steps don't exactly track.

I'm trying to add a 2nd Pixie8 and I plan to daisy chain it to my current Pixie8. I can't find the 'Add Device' option in S5. So my problem is assigning props to the ports on the 2nd Pixie8 in the daisy chain. Right now, the new Pixie8 is unit 02, but cabled 1st, and the old one is unit 01, but cabled last. When I play an old sequence, it lights up unit 02.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Bob W

Your second Pixie needs to be Unit 09. All pixies consume one unit ID per port, (used or not). You simply set Port 1's ID, the pixie grabs the rest

FWIW, they are distinct devices.  Chaining the CAT5 cables has no bearing on the ID order You could put that Pixie on the cable first and its ID is still 09

12 minutes ago, TheDucks said:

Your second Pixie needs to be Unit 09. All pixies consume one unit ID per port, (used or not). You simply set Port 1's ID, the pixie grabs the rest

FWIW, they are distinct devices.  Chaining the CAT5 cables has no bearing on the ID order You could put that Pixie on the cable first and its ID is still 09

That was quick and easy. Duh!

Thanks for the fast response and help.

Bob W

• 3 weeks later...

Hey Mr.Dibblejr,

If i get to steps 14/15 and the config CCR/pixel button is grayed out, what then?

if it matters, yes all DIPS are off.

I also remembered to upgrade the license on the laptop i use in the garage.

Edited by mjchawks11

1 hour ago, mjchawks11 said:

Hey Mr.Dibblejr,

If i get to steps 14/15 and the config CCR/pixel button is grayed out, what then?

if it matters, yes all DIPS are off.

I also remembered to upgrade the license on the laptop i use in the garage.

What is your firmware level on the Pixie?

I had a balky Pixie8. It did not like something I had done with another setting. Check the Advanced mode form and see if it agrees with the simple on.

My simple said RGB and the advanced said BRG for every port 🤕

That may be what I 'fixed'

Thanks for the response.

I am not sure, but I just bought it this summer.

How would I find that out. 

(Gee, I'm glad I decided to expand my world this year.....🙂)

Edited by mjchawks11

2 hours ago, mjchawks11 said:

Thanks for the response.

If you would like me to walk you through PM me your number, I will do the same and I can get you up and running in minutes

JR

Edited by dibblejr

5 hours ago, mjchawks11 said:

Thanks for the response.

Use the HU , It will show the FW level next to the ID it finds

• 1 month later...

Thank You, thank you, thank you dibblejr. You have removed a GREAT DEAL of 3 long nights into mornings of frustration. My 16 x 25 Pixie Tree is FINALLY working as expected. Now I can continue adding it to my show of 96 channels PLUS the tree. 🙂  🦔

• 11 months later...

I followed the instructions and set the unit id to 20 in an attempt to used my 16 50 bullet strings to be the windows of the RTG sequence.  Only the first pixel from each string lights up. Any help???  

4 hours ago, Rwatson said:

I followed the instructions and set the unit id to 20 in an attempt to used my 16 50 bullet strings to be the windows of the RTG sequence.  Only the first pixel from each string lights up. Any help???  

You have probably assigned your RGB lights to AC channels. That is what happens. 

You need to figure out which are RGB row by looking at the layout that LOR uses.

If adding pixels to a purchased sequences i recommend purchasing the You Can Modify YCM sequences for this reason.

JR