Jump to content
Light-O-Rama Forums

Setting up Unit Id for Pixie16


wensteve

Recommended Posts

3 year LOR user, 1st year with Pixels. 

I have a new Pixie16 controller that I want to run 4 strands of 50 pixie strings off of for my arches.  I created a sequence using PE and saved the Intensity file. I opened the sequence in SE and do see the blue line at the bottom.  Now I am ready to test the sequence but feel like I missed something in HU.  I assigned the controller to Unit 7 Pixie16 ver 1.02 in HU.  Now, I know I am suppose to click on Cosmic color/pixel config but after that I feel lost.  How do I know my pixel type? It also seems to be converting back to 100 in the pixels per port and sequential each time I reopen it.  Does someone have the time to help me?  I am sitting at my computer now and would love to get this working today.

I have the Pro license. 

 

Thanks in advance

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Give me a call well get you fixed up. Everyone setting these pixie16's up have a tendacy to over think the process.

PMing you now. 

I see you are in Canada, if you can call me just let me know and well go from there.

JR

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

For what's it's worth, while I don't personally know dibbejr, I do know he has helped many people over the phone, although I do understand your point.

It's been a long time since I set up my Pixie16. Here is the user manual from LOR. Setting the configuration starts on page 12. As far as your pixels, all of the pixels listed for sale in the LOR store are WS2811. The manual show 800khz. Follow the example in the book and you should be ok.

http://www1.lightorama.com/PDF/Pixie_Man_Web.pdf

If your Pixie16 is a second generation device, then it will have dip switches that may have to be set according to page 10. It seems the default settings are for you as the user to set the Unit ID in Hardware Config.

You say you have set the Base Unit ID to 7.
That would mean
Strand 1 Unit ID is 07
Strand 2 Unit ID is 08
Strand 3 Unit ID is 09
Strand 4 Unit ID is 0A

If you have setup a prop, then each strand must be confifgured with these Unit ID's. Does that make sense?

Be sure to start LOR Control Panel, and click Control Light from Pixel Editor or run the sequence editor and watch your visualization.

Hope this helps
Alan...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

25 minutes ago, wensteve said:

Thanks for the offer but I'm not comfortable calling a stranger. Sorry.

JR is a little strange alright. But not a stranger. He came to our last OKCmini meet and greet. Great guy. His heart is huge and I can personally tell you his intentions are purely to be of help to you. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Since she assigned a base unit ID of 7 then the software will automatically assign the others, 7-16 (7,8,9,0A,0B,0C,0D,0E,0F,10,11,12,13,14,15,16)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, default said:

For what's it's worth, while I don't personally know dibbejr, I do know he has helped many people over the phone, although I do understand your point.

It's been a long time since I set up my Pixie16. Here is the user manual from LOR. Setting the configuration starts on page 12. As far as your pixels, all of the pixels listed for sale in the LOR store are WS2811. The manual show 800khz. Follow the example in the book and you should be ok.

http://www1.lightorama.com/PDF/Pixie_Man_Web.pdf

If your Pixie16 is a second generation device, then it will have dip switches that may have to be set according to page 10. It seems the default settings are for you as the user to set the Unit ID in Hardware Config.

You say you have set the Base Unit ID to 7.
That would mean
Strand 1 Unit ID is 07
Strand 2 Unit ID is 08
Strand 3 Unit ID is 09
Strand 4 Unit ID is 0A

If you have setup a prop, then each strand must be confifgured with these Unit ID's. Does that make sense?

Be sure to start LOR Control Panel, and click Control Light from Pixel Editor or run the sequence editor and watch your visualization.

Hope this helps
Alan...

I setup the props in PE as you have them listed there but I don't know how to do that in HU. I've read the manual but it's still not making sense

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Mr. P said:

Since she assigned a base unit ID of 7 then the software will automatically assign the others, 7-16 (7,8,9,0A,0B,0C,0D,0E,0F,10,11,12,13,14,15,16)

Yes, you are correct Mr P, since she says she only has 4 strands to run, I only gave her examples of the first four strands. This is important later as she adds more controllers. Good Point.

Alan...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, default said:

Yes, you are correct Mr P, since she says she only has 4 strands to run, I only gave her examples of the first four strands. This is important later as she adds more controllers. Good Point.

Alan...

I just didn't want to confuse her as she can't just set up four ports since the software will automatically set up all 16.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

You don't have to do it in HU. If you set the first Base unit with an ID of 07, then HU will automatically set the next 15 (for a Pixie16)

Alan...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, default said:

You don't have to do it in HU. If you set the first Base unit with an ID of 07, then HU will automatically set the next 15 (for a Pixie16)

Alan...

Ok. So if I am done in HU and it still won't play my sequence then what do you think could still be my problem?

 

I tried to click control lights in PE but it gives me an error that says Control Panel is not running....but it is.  Any idea on this?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, default said:

Did you setup everything in Network Configuration?

No, didn't realize that was apart of it. I've got that opened now. I don't think I have ever touched NC.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, wensteve said:

Done, that fixed the error on PE for control lights...but still not turning them on

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, wensteve said:

No, didn't realize that was apart of it. I've got that opened now. I don't think I have ever touched NC.

If you have other controllers you must have set NC before.

The Pixie16 will use the same Comm Port you assigned it in HU. You say you have the Pro license which means you can use the Enhanced Network. Are you plugging the Pixie16 in using the HS485 adapter (Red Hi Speed)?

and remember to run Control Panel each time, (after a reboot)

Alan...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I have other controllers but I have never used NC before. I've always just assigned them to units in HU and matched the configuration in SE and played a show through Show Editor. 

I've ordered a HS485 but it hasn't come in yet.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • The topic was locked
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
×
×
  • Create New...