Tennessee ++ Fall Mini

Ron Boyd

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have just started purchasing my LOR set up this year, so I'm as green as they come. I would love to come to this, but I have a conflicting schedule. I know many of you have at least some, and likely a lot, of experience already. I would hate to take anything away from this by needing more remedial help, so please let me know if this would be better for me to wait until next year to attend so I have a better foundation. Otherwise. I am going to try to move some things to make this work and will let you know as soon as I am able.

Rory

Rory, I started my display last year... This group of guys is a huge wealth of knowledge... I went to my first mini last September and it was an eye opener for me. I would make every attempt to be there.

My day is already packed so after I leave the mini i have a church function i have to head to. 

Thank you all for the messages and advice! I am going to make every effort to be there and will let Doug know in advance if I can pull it off. I appreciate the invitation and look forward to it.

Rory, hope you can make it. Just about everyone who comes to these mini's typically leave with something useful no matter how long you have been doing this. I espically like the fall mini, gets me ready to go out into the yard and start setting up. Looking forward to it, only 2 weeks away now. This year is flying by.

Kitchen Pass has been issued and will be on the road Friday.. I like to eat out some place on Friday night so hit me up if you are in town early. 

Ron, That Matrix is going to be the death of me if it does not work out...   4050 pixels ready to fire off. Hoping 7 inches is not to far apart.

Jeff, you have more pixels on that roof matrix than I have in my whole display. 7" apart should be fine. My 16 leg pixel tree last year was about 10" apart at the bottom. The images worked just fine.

everybody who is traveling, be safe driving.

Just one more week folks, If you can make it, come on to Cleveland.

See you all next week.

I have a prior commitment for sept 12 but I would have gladly drove the 500 miles from Chicago il to meet all you guys in person after 5 years in this hobby many of the guys attending have helped me a lot have a lot a fun thanks to everyone attending Ron. Dennis Laaf

Ed,

It will be great to see you after the many of conversation we had.  Come on down Dennis you may not want to ever leave. I am working on all 22 sequences this morning getting them to a new config file.

Dougd,

Please remind me to see the unicast setup and how the roof will layout on the 682's with zigzag....

Unfortunately, Scarlett and I won' be able to make it as we had planned. We are bummed out wt that we just don't have the time to get away this weekend due to other commitments. 

Bad luck then. Sorry to hear you can't make it. Hopefully you can come next March.

Now, for those that are coming, I will have a J1SYS, P12S board for sale, as well as an E682. Special price for Mini Attendees $150 each. Both are tested and were in my show last year. Both are one year old.

If the new boards I have now work out, Pixcon16 and Falcon16V2, next March, I'll have 2 more E682s.

3 in my van at this time.  Got a couple of others I'm still trying to recruit.  Doug tell your wife I'm bringing Brad per her request.  Also met another decorator while I was in Texas for the Expo that only lives a couple of miles from me.  Another LOR user to keep you guys company with a very nice display.

Jim

Looking like we will have a good group of people this weekend.

Jim, wife had a 4 day weekend this weekend and she has to pay for by working next Saturday unfortunately.

Looking forward to it, should be a good meeting.

ED... You are missing out on some good information at one of these Mini. These guys really know how to take it to the next step. I drive right at 8 hurs to attend these and love every minute of it when I get there. Old hard head like me even learns a few tricks from these pro's. Without them I could never pull off the link below.

Getting pumped up to see all the new toys and everyone again. I will say the toys are only as good as the support.

Here is a link of the small show I put on and the new matrix going in this year on the roof. The roof will be 57 feet wide and 16 feet tall and fingers crossed LOR can run / handle it.   https://vimeo.com/138529081

Jeff

I know we are bummed we really thought we could make it this year for the first time. I saw the vimeo link, you guys are at another level!!!!! Fantastic stuff 

I hope to make it next year, if the Queen will let me, as I retire next month. Should be a fun drive. The Queen likes to see new country. She's a good sport. To all that attend, have fun.

Archived