• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• dmoore

• Dcroc

• Darryl Lambert

• plasmadrive

Pre sales are great. But dont expect to get things on time. Anyone was ordering this past spring and expected it by July is NUTS. Now I order this spring and do expect it a few months before setting up for Christmas. That my friend is reasonable, but not 3 or 4 months. Thats was they call high expectations.

Just think.... order this year for next year and you wont be so disappointed when it takes 6 months or more to get it.

As someone who has only ordered from a few online light vendors, this post alone has killed any chance that I would ever buy from HolidayCoro.

Too bad for the vendor, but it looks like they miss handled the sale. 

I am not patient when it comes to online sales. I expect my item within a week and maybe a couple of days.

Months - NEVER!

One thing I like about LOR is they say your item could ship in a few weeks and it ships tomorrow.

I love those guys.

HC is a top notch vendor with great customer support and great products. The only thing is make sure you order what they have in stock. All pre-sales are like peeing in the wind, sometimes you get wet, sometimes you don't.

We learned our lesson a few years ago when it came to controllers.  We had commitments from factories that we would have them on time and made correctly.  The quality was HORRIBLE on arrival - so we tried to source them from another mfg.  By this time a (Late) Summer Sale had come and gone during which we sold a ton of controllers.  Now that other mfg was late on delivery and we had our pants down. 

Now understand that even NORMALLY with all hands on deck, shipping an LOR sale is a HUGE undertaking.   I personally don't know how Dan & Co did it.  They may have been building them by hand and packing them before the solder cooled for all I know, but I think they got everything out within 1 or 2 weeks of the official end-of-shipping window.  I know they were working until midnight many nights.  I know I did by chipping in on the help desk until late in the evening.

Now we have MULTIPLE manufacturers, and stockpiles of parts that we can take/ship off to mfg plants to have things built.  In fact, late last month I was up at the factory and watched as a semi full of PC Enclosures arrived.  I lost count on the number of pallets.  They have probably already been married to their board counterparts and are now awaiting new homes.  All long before we ever even THINK about having a sale.....  

I guess what I am trying to say is that things do sometimes go south even to good companies.  However the good companies will do their best, even if it means taking it in the pants, to make good on their promises.  We learned our lesson, that is for sure.

I ordered the first presale. Yesterday Dave gave me a call to verify how I wanted it set up. Shipping notice was sent out later that date. I have checked the website. Dave has regularly updated the site. Yes I would

Have loved to have had my products. But I didn't order mine until the last day. My neighbor ordered his early in the presale and received his shipment over a month ago s Dave already had plenty of his inventory.

The order I am STILL waiting on was placed early in the presale. To wait to order the cg1500 enclosures until the orders were already a month late is inexcusable. To continue to blame the overseas shipment is even worse. That is what bothers me. They did not man up and admit blame, but passed the buck.

They obviously have enclosures in stock just not shipping them with the pre-sales. I ordered six enclosures last Wednesday and they arrived today.

• 2 weeks later...

Still haven't heard anything yet. It's been far too long. I'm chomping at the bit to build something!

On another note DIYLedexpress wasn't much better. I just received a shipping notice from them for the Jan. Presale.

Per our call - I'm very sorry about the delay in your order.  For those unaware - this order with Darryl had 160 pixnode strips and what occurred was we switched to a thicker material but it took nearly 8 weeks for this custom material to arrive to us.  It unforchantly arrived one day ahead of the pre-sale containers arriving and we were focused on getting out as many pre-sale orders as possible, so orders that had large amounts of pixnode strip (we had pre-produced as much as possible using our older material) were delayed until we got most of the "easy" orders out.  

We did adjust Darryl (who lives in Canada) shipping from a US address to his Canadian address at no charge and it has now been shipped out.

Anyone else order from the Holidaycoro presale in Feb and are STILL waiting for it to ship? I do believe this will be my last presale purchase from them.  Love the products and the site, but this is just silly. At time of purchase it was to ship in May. Then it changed to April. Then June 22. As of now, only part of my order has shipped.  Good thing I wasn't planning a July 4th display with this stuff. They are great with "in stock" items, but this 5+ month wait is a bit much.  Good prices, but I had no idea this would hold me up half the year.

This order (13088) was placed on Feb 24rd and shipped on July 9th - a total time of 4 months, 16 days - yes...too long.  David, in the case of your order, what delayed it was the CG-1500s - we had hundreds in stock before the container arrived and had another 850 on order, at that time, for a month, but the US production factory in SC was backed up and it took them over a month to ship them from the point that we ordered them.  Typically in the past, they had shipped the CG1500s in about 2-3 weeks - mind you, this is for US production, not even from China.   Those inital CG1500's shipped with orders that were first in (starting in January and then moving through to the end of the sale and I'm sorry to say that this order was torwards the end of the sale (March 4th), which put it in line for the second batch of CG1500's.

Again, we are very sorry about these logistical issues and we have been working as hard as possible  - 12, 14+ hour days to get all these orders out.

Thanks,

David

Yep, mine is now do to ship August

Francis -

I think there might be some confusion - there were two pre-sale orders, 13237 placed on March 3rd and shipped April 19th - about 1 month prior to the estimated ship date for PRE-SALE #1.

You do have another order, 13817 which was placed on April 4th for PRE-SALE #2 which is scheduled to ship in August (likely your order will ship prior to that since it is so small.  So the August date is to be expected.

Thanks,

David

They obviously have enclosures in stock just not shipping them with the pre-sales. I ordered six enclosures last Wednesday and they arrived today.

There is some confusion on the dates in the posts above - yes, we still ship non-presale orders ahead of pre-sale and these enclosures arrived around the 30th of June, so your order was right at the same time they arrived and since it wasn't pre-sale, it shipped immediately.

I ordered the first presale. Yesterday Dave gave me a call to verify how I wanted it set up. Shipping notice was sent out later that date. I have checked the website. Dave has regularly updated the site. Yes I would Have loved to have had my products. But I didn't order mine until the last day. My neighbor ordered his early in the presale and received his shipment over a month ago s Dave already had plenty of his inventory.

While we unfortunately can just make two containers worth of product ship quickly, we do want our customer to have an idea of where their orders were and what might be involved with the hold up.  We always consider it a risk to post more than less information as this leads to speculation when it the intent is to provide customers with an honest assessment of our situation and schedule.

We actually started shipping in April for PRE-SALE #1 with everything we could that was in stock and when container specific stock arrive, we shipped based on the date the order was placed.  So most customers with orders place in January were out for delivery the next week.  I think people believe it is best to wait until the last minute to place all the orders but this causes us a lot of problems (pre-sales questions, unpredictable order amounts, etc) and it also results in a lot of the orders all backed up onto two single days of the nearly 2 month window of the PRE-SALE.

As someone who has only ordered from a few online light vendors, this post alone has killed any chance that I would ever buy from HolidayCoro.

Too bad for the vendor, but it looks like they miss handled the sale. 

I am not patient when it comes to online sales. I expect my item within a week and maybe a couple of days.

Months - NEVER!

One thing I like about LOR is they say your item could ship in a few weeks and it ships tomorrow.

I love those guys.

Mike - 

This is HOW the prices we offer are that low.  While I respect LOR, they are selling into a completely different range of margin.  We might make $2.50 on a string of lights, LOR will make $75 on that same string and with margins that good, you can afford to stock the items, sent a limit like they do and sell it all out.  We work like the other DIY RGB LED vendors do - we pre-order, place an order with the factory, then ship when it arrives.  Due to simple logistics, it takes at least 2 months under absolute perfection to get something from China in a container - that is if you don't have parts shortages, port delays, container inspections or a pre-sale order that is the size of your entire sales from Oct and Nov from a prior year.  So to compare the two solutions is just not correct.

For customers that order from us in non-pre-sale we do everything we can to get that product out the door as soon as possible - with RGB items this is usually 24 hours, coro items, sometimes 1 to 3 days.  

As all three of the major DIY vendors share the same factory for logistics, this also explains why our other competitors have also had some delays for PRE-SALE this year.

For customers that are willing to wait and deal with a bit of possible unpredictably, the prices are hard to beat, for those customers that want it now and don't want to wait - we ship now just at a higher price point.

Thanks,

David

Today is July 4th. Guess who doesn't have a display set up.........

Still hasn't shipped.

I wish you had called or emailed us as we made exceptions for customers that stated that they had July 4th displays.  We just can't monitor all the different forums for pleas for help - contacting us directly is always the best and fastest solution.

Again, we are sorry for the delay in your order.

This is why I don't have "Pre-Sales". I have everything in stock before posting a sale. You can not relay on promises and shipping dates ever from overseas. Last year one of my large orders showed up 3 months late and was seized in customs because my broker screwed up. This year it was delayed a month and half. I seriously couldn't image explaining this to my customers that already paid....some seriously p*** off people.

As mentioned in a prior post - this is great and we do this already with our in-stock items.  We let customers decide what is important to them - cost or speed and we offer both and at prices that are most often lower than other vendors in our space.  

I do a lot of work to ensure proper delivery - while I use a broker, I also directly go to China each year and meet with these people up and down my supply chain and I also do the majority of my own work in the logisitics supply chain since I simply don't trust others to do it correctly.

So, again, customers have a choice - very, very low pricing with a slightly unpredictable schedule or have it now at a higher price point.

REALLY!!!!!!  They're short on enclosures 10 days after the containers arrive 2 MONTHS late........FUBAR!  4th of July is out.......Halloween maybe.

Can you provide me order information so I can check up on your order?  Don't worry - you won't miss Halloween as we only have a few orders left to ship.

To clarify, the container arrived one month later than initially planed.

SparkDr,

I was also notified about the delay. This is something out of HC's control.

On your order, it is from PRE-SALE #2, not the PRE-SALE #1 which we shipped one month early in your case.  Yes, PRE-SALE #2 is August delivery and we just stuffed the container yesterday and have a sail date of the 18th of July which puts the container in Houston on the 14th of August.