Light-O-Rama Forums

Holidaycoro presale?

Dcroc

I was hopeful last evening when the update said they were working on orders placed the day of my order (2/10/15). Even more excited when I saw today that they are up to a week beyond my order (2/18/15)- until I saw the line that they are holding orders that contain CableGuard 1500 enclosures as they are waiting for more.

REALLY!!!!!!  They're short on enclosures 10 days after the containers arrive 2 MONTHS late........FUBAR!  4th of July is out.......Halloween maybe.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• dmoore

• Dcroc

• Darryl Lambert

• plasmadrive

I ordered right from China and my orders were here long ago... and I am sure I didn't pay a whole lot more than any of you did.. I have ordered from HC in the past for items that were in stock and they shipped quickly.. but the presales just are not that much cheaper to worry about the deliverys like you are all experiencing now.  At least I don't think so..

Where did you order from, if you don't mind me asking?

I order from Ray also. From China to NYC in 4 days is pretty darn good. I've also ordered from HC but for in stock items and always get them super quick. For the few bucks in savings for the pre sales I just can't justify the waiting.

I order from Ray also. From China to NYC in 4 days is pretty darn good. I've also ordered from HC but for in stock items and always get them super quick. For the few bucks in savings for the pre sales I just can't justify the waiting.

EGGGGZZZACTLLYYYYY

I get everything from Ray Wu. He takes good care of me.

Well he hasn't been too good to me as of late. It's been 3 weeks since I ordered ( just run of the mill stuff) & not even a shipping notice.

I thought the discounts were worth the wait, especially since they said up front that the orders would be shipped in May (I don't remember them saying April).  Besides the only way I could convince my wife it was okay to buy this stuff was to tell her I got it at a great price!  However, I am new at this and maybe I don't know any better.  My greatest frustration is that although I received my order on Monday, all I've had time to do is unpack the box and look at everything, I haven't had time to play...too much work to do at my job, the new hobby has to wait!  Maybe I'd have more time if I'd get my work done instead of reading the LOR forum every evening  :unsure:

They did answer my e-mail today.  Said other companies are experiencing the same issues, and that they are working as hard as they can but can only do so much in one day. No mention of the lack of enclosures, or how hard they are working on waiting for them.  Could be I'm new at this, and don't really understand how these "presales" work. I will still buy from them, but I believe I will stick to in stock items. The money I saved really wasn't worth losing the holiday.

I got my shipping notice last night at 10:55 PM so can definitely say they are working hard to get orders out!! I have an enclosure on my order too!!

The 4th is 5 days away, and it still has not shipped.  Never again.  Order placed on 2/28 shipped, but the one I placed on 2/23 has not, so it's not the "we are going by placed order date" garbage.  Not having enough enclosures is a poor excuse. These are available everywhere, with no shortage anywhere else. To hold my order over this when it is already 2 months late is inexcusable.

Edited by Dcroc

The Important part of this is "PRE-ORDER" .Every distributor has these type of sales,  you know UP FRONT they will not be shipped for a period of time (most often these dates slip a bit especially when made in CHINA ).

I Have never found a distributor that is more up front and knowledgeable than HC.  Christmas is 6 months off, is an extra week really that big of a deal?

Placed an order for Pixel Strips yesterday from HC.  Clearly an in-stock item.  Received notification they have already shipped.  That's fast!

The Important part of this is "PRE-ORDER" .Every distributor has these type of sales,  you know UP FRONT they will not be shipped for a period of time (most often these dates slip a bit especially when made in CHINA ).

I Have never found a distributor that is more up front and knowledgeable than HC.  Christmas is 6 months off, is an extra week really that big of a deal?

July 4th is FIVE DAYS away. The display I had planned is out the window, now.  It's not an "extra week".  It's an extra 3 months at this point.  I fully understand the delay from China.  I DO NOT understand not having CG1500's in stock 10 days after the shipment from China came in, when these orders were already 2 months late.

Edited by Dcroc

Depends on what/how much you order. I saved a lot more than a few buck. - Hundred$

+1

July 4th is FIVE DAYS away. The display I had planned is out the window, now.  It's not an "extra week".  It's an extra 3 months at this point.  I fully understand the delay from China.  I DO NOT understand not having CG1500's in stock 10 days after the shipment from China came in, when these orders were already 2 months late.

I hate to jump in on this.. but I have to agree.  They had to know the shipment from China was on the water... and then again when it was at the dock.  They knew they needed CG1500s to complete orders that were waiting on the goods from China.  It does appear someone dropped the ball on the boxes.  A good retailer should know how to control logistics better than that. Clearly it must have been a mistake on HC's order fullfillment that caused this to happen regarding the boxes. 

I have only ordered "in stock" stuff from them and it does ship quick usually...

Latest update from Holidaycoro website.............

30-Jun-15 8am: We have shipped nearly all orders excluding those with selected coro items that are in production and orders with CG-1500 enclosures which are scheduled for delivery to our shop on Wednesday the 1st.

Note that sometimes we have to skip an order due to issues with products, assembly or other factors, so this may affect the actual ship date.

We are sorry but we are unable to provide an exact shipping date for a given order.

Sometime next week maybe we'll get a delivery........BRUTAL!!!  It will be interesting to see how the Presale #2 plays out.  Unfortunately I ordered from this one too.....doh!

I am thinking it is a good thing I decided to not order a presale item from them..

And isn't resales kinda suppose to be a way or getting rid of present stocks of items to make room for new items coming in? Isnt that the way the LOR spring and summer sales are.... and when they run our of an item the sale price is over with.

If not then all the people complaining about orders being slow then you need to realize.... you get what you pay for when it has to be ordered from over seas and there is always a wait time for shipping, the ship itself etc.

I know as I do a lot of ordering and shipping from Italy  and a 2 month from order time to normal receive it at the docks  time here in Cali can vary by as much as 30 days many times.. not just because the manufacturer my be slow or backed up...

ships do not sail unless full of containers, or almost full... shippers very seldom like to send a 1/2 full or 1/2 empty container because the shipping cost is the same full or if only 1 item is in it.  also Customs can slow things down a lot and even put a temporary custom hold on things.

I remind my customers constantly... especially this time of the year... The company I do business with in Italy CLOSES for a complete month of Aug. Its vacation month, maintenance on their machinery month, upgrade month etc. in Italy.

and for the ones who don't know as I know a lot do... I do Kitchen, Bathroom custom made cabinets, library's, offices  etc. I have my cabinets all made in Italy and then they are imported..

It isnt my fault it will take you at lest 60 days and more closer to 90 days to get the kitchen of your dreams from me... after all... it is custom made in Italy to fit your kitchen/bathrooms, wrapped and boxed up, loaded into containers and taken to the Sea Port which is a couple days drive from the Manufacturer, and then loaded on a ship etc...  weather is a factor, location of the container can take it a few days to get off after getting to port, panama canel gets backed up for as much as a week at times for ships to get through it.. There are many factors which can make things take a long time to get shipped.... 

But If you ask in advance... from china... you pay extra and they can ship it by air for you...lol... Really... I Have Had some of my Customers do just that with kitchen cabinets coming from Italy to the West coast.

This is why I don't have "Pre-Sales". I have everything in stock before posting a sale. You can not relay on promises and shipping dates ever from overseas. Last year one of my large orders showed up 3 months late and was seized in customs because my broker screwed up. This year it was delayed a month and half. I seriously couldn't image explaining this to my customers that already paid....some seriously p*** off people.