Light-O-Rama Forums

Holidaycoro presale?

Dcroc

Anyone else order from the Holidaycoro presale in Feb and are STILL waiting for it to ship? I do believe this will be my last presale purchase from them.  Love the products and the site, but this is just silly. At time of purchase it was to ship in May. Then it changed to April. Then June 22. As of now, only part of my order has shipped.  Good thing I wasn't planning a July 4th display with this stuff. They are great with "in stock" items, but this 5+ month wait is a bit much.  Good prices, but I had no idea this would hold me up half the year.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• dmoore

• Dcroc

• Darryl Lambert

• plasmadrive

yea - . They are currently processing  feb 10 orders. So I still have weeks before they ship mine!!

Still haven't heard anything yet. It's been far too long. I'm chomping at the bit to build something!

On another note DIYLedexpress wasn't much better. I just received a shipping notice from them for the Jan. Presale.

My ship date is August as well but in all fairness to HC, I was made aware of this through their website prior to placing the order.

Still haven't heard anything yet. It's been far too long. I'm chomping at the bit to build something!

+1 to chomping at the bit to build something.  I've sequenced a couple of songs with the new pixels in the S4 visualizer.  But I want to setup the pixels to see how they actually look (colorwise) and not just in the visualizer before any more sequencing.

My order from the Feb sale came today. I have another order from pre sale #2 that is currently scheduled for the Aug timeframe. I'm also still waiting for an order to ship from the Jan diyledexpress pre sale. Like everyone else I'm anxious for my orders to arrive but I understood when I ordered that things would take some time to arrive.

It was stated it would ship in April when I placed the order. I accepted when it moved to May, and although I didn't like it, I had no choice but to accept it when it moved to June 22. However, at this point, HC has to accept some of the blame,as its just a train wreck at this point. They even sent an at the last delay saying there will be no more emails about it. My July 4th display is now out the window. Love the products, and shipping is usually good, but this is just not acceptable in a hobby that only has 2 or 3 times a year that it can even be used. Even if y0u want to argue that its not their fault, I will not be taking part in any future presales. Simply can't depend on it.

Except for LOR purchases, HC has been my go to place and I've had nothing but excellent results and service.

The email that HC sent out announcing that there would be no further email updates also stated all future shipment updates would be posted on their website. The link to the update is prominently displayed on their homepage and it is frequently updated.

All true. I can understands dcroc position. We were told april then may then june now hopefully July. Any July plans are out the window.

but,

HC had a delay from the manufactures of products. Dave mentioned in an email he decided to wait for the proven reliable goods rather than purchase from a lesser known. I would have done the same in his position. HC has  been good at keeping us informed as to the delays, and there website will tell you what order date they are working on - at least we were not kept in the dark. I am frustrated by these continual delays but this is not the norm for HC so I will continue to order from them.

Just MHO......

I just received notification that my February 14th order has shipped! Can't wait to open it up!

I was hopeful last evening when the update said they were working on orders placed the day of my order (2/10/15). Even more excited when I saw today that they are up to a week beyond my order (2/18/15)- until I saw the line that they are holding orders that contain CableGuard 1500 enclosures as they are waiting for more. I am not sure how to tell my daughter that the wonderful sequence she put together over the last few days for "July Fourth Independence Day" is all for naught as the needed materials likely will not arrive in time to be used in the July Fourth show at the lake. The free shipping for a large order is not that great of a deal if one item causes the entire shipment to be delayed! I guess it is time to start working on Christmas.

OK. ....now I just received an email saying that the order is complete and being sent to the shipper! I guess I should have been sequencing instead of complaining! Now it is up to UPS to get it here.

Edited by snookb

I too saw that they were filling orders from ( 2/18/15 ). So I emailed Dave because I placed my order on 1/23/15 ( no enclosers on my order ) 

He responded that the pixnode strips I ordered are in production & he's hoping to start shipping them out on Saturday.

I ordered 2-12 but have an enclosure on my order, don't know how long it will be before shipping.

I also have an order with DIYLED Express and am completely in the dark with that one!!

I have just began getting my Pre-season sale orders. Most of mine were ordered in Jan. or Feb. I ordered from 3 different suppliers, diyledexpress.com, seasonalentertainmentllc.com, and holidaycoro.com.

As a matter of fact, the earliest orders I made this year, still haven't been shipped.

I have received some items, but still have more to come. They all are running later than usual this year.

Edited by Ron Boyd

All true. I can understands dcroc position. We were told april then may then june now hopefully July. Any July plans are out the window.

but,

HC had a delay from the manufactures of products. Dave mentioned in an email he decided to wait for the proven reliable goods rather than purchase from a lesser known. I would have done the same in his position. HC has  been good at keeping us informed as to the delays, and there website will tell you what order date they are working on - at least we were not kept in the dark. I am frustrated by these continual delays but this is not the norm for HC so I will continue to order from them.

Just MHO......

I have gotten no e-mails about the latest delay, and my e-mail that I sent goes unanswered.  To hold the orders over the enclosures is simply not a good excuse. These can be purchased anywhere. In fact, I just got 2 of them that I ordered a week ago.  All the work I put into my July 4th display is all for not. I agree that the service is usually very good, but this one glitch is not a small one.  There is no way in hell I would order anything from the second presale and take a chance that it would not be here by Christmas because of one item that they should have had in stock.  i will still buy from them, and will have good things to say about everything except the presales. I will stay away from that end of their business. Also, the call that "we will no longer send e-mail updates for presale shipping" was a bad call, and considering the delay.....rather disrespectful.

I ordered right from China and my orders were here long ago... and I am sure I didn't pay a whole lot more than any of you did.. I have ordered from HC in the past for items that were in stock and they shipped quickly.. but the presales just are not that much cheaper to worry about the deliverys like you are all experiencing now.  At least I don't think so..

Any company can be great when all goes well. It's when there is a problem that you learn what they are really made of.