Light-O-Rama Forums

Electrical Issue/Question

mwilliams

Max, Greg, Jim & Ron - I could be wrong and 100% acknowledge your points. My small brain is just having a real hard time with his house just loosing the neutral to the entertainment center outlet and just during the show and just when the TV is on. So much so that I need duct tape wrapped around my head to keep it from exploding.

MW,

This is not something for you to take lightly. If they all are correct, you could be in danger. You need to figure this out soon or call an electrician - which is worth every penny they charge...

Did your batteries pass the self-test last night when you got home?

Did the wiring fault LED indicator on the back of the unit light up when it cycled on?

You should have the same software interface that Wayne mentioned as yours is basically the same model, except yours is a little more powerful. Have you opened up the summary tab to see what it says is going on?

I have a question related to this thread. My issue is that when my LED nets and strings outside dim, my TVs and a computer inside the house, on different circuits, will buzz. Even if the TVs are off. Anyone else experience this? Thanks

Mega, we're not talking about an open neutral to the outlet that the UPS and entertainment center is on.  we're talking about an open (or more likely an poor connection) on the neutral to the house.  The UPS is simply seeing a symptom of this problem and doing exactly what it's supposed to be doing.  The UPS is seeing a voltage outside of its programmed allowed limits and switching to inverter mode.

Assuming that this is the situation, this is a serious problem and needs to be investigated ASAP.  This is (potentially) a burn your house down problem.  Take this seriously.

Assuming that this is the situation, this is a serious problem and needs to be investigated ASAP.  This is (potentially) a burn your house down problem.  Take this seriously.

I promise, i am taking it seriously.  I've got an electrician coming to check things out this week.  If any one of you guys lived near me, I'd have called you. :) Being the holiday, and me being at work nonstop for the past 2 days, I haven't been able to get anyone any sooner.

MW....

We  Totally understand, and here is one tip....  you ARE doing something about it, Rome was NOT built in one day...  We are behind you 1000 %

MANY on the list (NOT speaking about the ones IN this conversation) Many on the list at one time or another have had the same or close to the same Issue.... We speak about it ONLY so others will understand the seriousness of the issue.

Please keep us "in the loop" so ALL can benefit from the resolution to this problem.

Greg

Hi Scott.

NOT trying to be an ass, but can I ask that you start a new thread for your Issue, as IMO it is actually a somewhat different issue.

Greg

I have a question related to this thread. My issue is that when my LED nets and strings outside dim, my TVs and a computer inside the house, on different circuits, will buzz. Even if the TVs are off. Anyone else experience this? Thanks

Max, Greg, Jim & Ron - I could be wrong and 100% acknowledge your points. My small brain is just having a real hard time with his house just loosing the neutral to the entertainment center outlet and just during the show and just when the TV is on. So much so that I need duct tape wrapped around my head to keep it from exploding.

MW,

This is not something for you to take lightly. If they all are correct, you could be in danger. You need to figure this out soon or call an electrician - which is worth every penny they charge...

Did your batteries pass the self-test last night when you got home?

Did the wiring fault LED indicator on the back of the unit light up when it cycled on?

You should have the same software interface that Wayne mentioned as yours is basically the same model, except yours is a little more powerful. Have you opened up the summary tab to see what it says is going on?

Besides the self-test and stuff I previously mentioned, I'd like you to try one more thing. On the receptacle you have the UPS plugged into, get a string or two of your incandescent minis and plug them into the other half of it. Then note when your UPS kicks on, do the minis go out, dim or remain the same?

• Like 1

is there an update (MW) is it resolved ? If so, what was it ?

Greg

Besides the self-test and stuff I previously mentioned, I'd like you to try one more thing. On the receptacle you have the UPS plugged into, get a string or two of your incandescent minis and plug them into the other half of it. Then note when your UPS kicks on, do the minis go out, dim or remain the same?

Mega... good one, at least he can see IF it is a brownout condition or simply a bad ups ....

Greg