Light-O-Rama Forums

What is the Maximum RS-485 Com. Speed of the CTB16 Series of Controllers?

LightHouse

What is the Maximum Supported RS-485 Speed for the CTB16 Series of Controllers? Do different versions have different maximum speeds?

Blue Board, Green Board, CTB16D, CTB16PC, etc.?

If you have a G3 controller, which has a green status LED, then you can run 500k.

Older pre-G3 controllers can only go up to 115.4K. You can not use pre-G3 controllers on a network that is running at 500k.

The pre-G3 controllers simply can't handle 500k. However if that were the only issue, then this wouldn't be one. :)

By that I mean if you mix G3 and pre-G3 controllers on the same network, and try to run 500k, it's possible that none of the devices will work. Of course, it's also possible that some of the devices would work. Needless to say, it's not something you want to set up and have any expectation of it working.

Just to be clear: If you put pre-G3 and G3 equipment on the same network at the 'normal' 57.6 speed (or any of the other 2 options) everything will work normally. There are no issues there. Only if you mix them and try to run 500k.

Half of mine have green boards and half have blue boards. They all have red status LEDs. I'm assuming they're all Generation 1 Generation 2 controllers?

Half of mine have green boards and half have blue boards. They all have red status LEDs. I'm assuming they're all Generation 1 Generation 2 controllers?

Correct.

• The topic was locked