Light-O-Rama Forums

Well "the goods" snuck in past customs...

Santas Helper

Damn only ships to USA....

Not sure if it's worth it for ya but if you wanted to go this route...

What would it cost to ship a box 22 lbs with a size 12"x12"x20" from Oklahoma City 73169 to you?

If the shipping isn't too bad I could purchase some and send to you if you prepaid.

Just something to think about if it saves you money getting some.

One lightorama controller in case is about $80. So I think that Hong Kong is my best bet. Any savings would be gone. Thanks for the offer though, that's very nice of you.

You posted while I was typing.

Not a problem. Just tryin to help fellow LOR players. :-)

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Santas Helper

• plasmadrive

• spomalley

• portcity_gt

Is there a write up on hacking these? I bought a dc board this summer sale, to start playing with rgb.

Sounds like you found the link but here it is for others just in case.

http://forums.lightorama.com/index.php?/topic/26405-10w-rgb-flood-light-reverse-engineering/

And yes, these are the same. As I mention in the link, there is a couple variations with slight difference inside.

Well the lot of 10 was buy it now for 160....so I offered 130 being they excepted your offer of 13.50 each, but they counterd with 158....2 bucks off...really !?!

would you consider converting these and selling them with the Cat5 pigtail attached if a person wanted 10 or so??

would you consider converting these and selling them with the Cat5 pigtail attached if a person wanted 10 or so??

I would if my free time would allow. I couldn't promise anything at this point.

Here are a few pics of the floods. 12 floods total

My wife has been wanting landscape lighting for a while. When she saw I got "the goods" in, she demanded landscape lighting. Well I had to compromise and make a deposit (so to speak).

I didn't hack them yet so they're just hooked up to 120vac with all them on the fade mode for all colors. Looks pretty cool seeing different colors fade in/out all along the house.

I already had electricity from a switch inside the front door with an outlet providing power outside. So at a flip of the switch, the lights come on with a graceful fade of different colors.

DSC06406_zpsd1b2da6a.jpg

DSC06413_zps36acf9fc.jpg

DSC06414_zps270691be.jpg

DSC06417_zpsaf9245b3.jpg

DSC06421_zpsea66712b.jpg

Looking at your pics I decided to take the plunge.. 20 of them on the way..

I think you'll be happy with them. I am.

At that price, I couldn't pass it up. I'll be purchasing more now that these are dedicated to landscaping lights. Keeps the wife happy. :-)

Yeah, the price was pretty darn good.  I paid $13.50 each..  There was someone on another forum that suggested I the power supplies be replaced because they are dangerous, but I can do that fairly cheaply so I am ok with that.. Also he showed that the hardware rusts really quickly so I think some better plated or SS hardware would be in order..

I will post what I can when they show and I get a chance to play with em.

Yeah, the price was pretty darn good.  I paid $13.50 each..  There was someone on another forum that suggested I the power supplies be replaced because they are dangerous, but I can do that fairly cheaply so I am ok with that.. Also he showed that the hardware rusts really quickly so I think some better plated or SS hardware would be in order..

I will post what I can when they show and I get a chance to play with em.

Yep, that's what I paid.

I wonder what danger the power supply would be? Unless it's over heating or something like that. I haven't ran into anything like that.

I have 15 others mounted to my mega tree tower sitting outside all year long. I haven't noticed any rust as of yet. But I'll keep an eye on them.

And yes, keep us posted on your dealings with them. It's nice to compare and learn from each other. :-)

Thats what I thought too...  Just wait, you'll get a letter in the mail with a bill from the shipper for the customs charges soon!

I think I saw somebody disassembling one of these floods on YouTube and he found that while there was a ground wire, it wasn't connected to anything.

Thats what I thought too...  Just wait, you'll get a letter in the mail with a bill from the shipper for the customs charges soon!

They can send the letter. But I ain't payin.

I think I saw somebody disassembling one of these floods on YouTube and he found that while there was a ground wire, it wasn't connected to anything.

Yep, I posted about that on the other thread when I found the same thing.

They can send the letter. But I ain't payin.

Yep, I posted about that on the other thread when I found the same thing.

That's probably what they're talking about when they say they're unsafe.

I ordered 10 of them from the same seller...I had to pay 15.80 each, but oh well still cheap enough.

That's probably what they're talking about when they say they're unsafe.

I think the wiring was a bit heated and the ground was not connected.  I think the biggest thing for me will be the hardware rusting.. if they fixed that since the post that would be good.  I can change the electronics and fix the grounding..

Mine got here yesterday.. that was fast.. they came from a place in Southern California.. the address is a steel company.. and the return has no name.. gotta wonder about that.. LOL

So I unpacked one and played with it last night.  First thing I did was meter the ground wire and it was connected to the chassis.. I haven't opened up the back yet..  but they seem pretty good for $13.50.   Unfortunately they may not have enough power for what I wanted to do.  My house is gray and they won't over power the bland color with any great overwhelming color.. but I got a lot of them so I will have to pack em in tight perhaps.. Up light and down light the same colors in the same locations..

Overall  with the one I tested I am pretty happy.  More to come