Light-O-Rama Forums

Well "the goods" snuck in past customs...

Santas Helper

Got a shipment of "the goods" in today. Customs must have been asleep.

Nothing like a air-tight wrapping to keep "the goods" dry during transport.

That and a good seal to keep the dogs off the path.

B)

DSC06374_zps6ce82320.jpg

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Santas Helper

• plasmadrive

• spomalley

• portcity_gt

Good guess Frank.

DSC06375_zpse5ff885e.jpg

DSC06376_zps67b52108.jpg

20 each LED RGB 10W Floods.

I just thought it was weird how each one was wrapped up nice and water proof.

First thing I thought when I opened the box, "what did I really order?" LOL

I'm hacking them for the DC controllers. I did 30 of them last year and loved them so much I'm adding more this year.

Don't forget to take some pictures of the insides of them.

I'm thinking that the drivers are self-contained with the different resistors incorporated within

Where did you get these? Ray Wu? Paul Zhang? eBay?

Got them on ebay for $13.50 each shipped. It was a lot of 20 for $270 with shipping included.

Don't forget to take some pictures of the insides of them.

I'm thinking that the drivers are self-contained with the different resistors incorporated within

I will Dave,

Already opened on up to see.

These are the ones with transformer inside the back cover and the IR, IC board and resistors behind the front glass lens and reflector cover.

One note for the guys looking to hack these. If the IR eye is in front under the glass, the IC board and resistors will be behind the front reflector. If the IR eye is coming out the back with the power cable, everything is behind the back cover. This type makes it easier and quicker to hack because you don't have to open up the front and back. Just the back cover. At least this is what I have ran into in the past.

But for $13.50 each shipped, I didn't care. I've done both types so no big deal.

Edited by Santas Helper

Got a link?

Here is the link. I did a "Make Offer" and they came back with $270 for me. I said to myself, can't find them cheaper than that.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/181333016852?_trksid=p2059210.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

They have 99.9 feedback and again, shipping was free.

And I just realized/remembered, they are in California. So no long wait. Got mine in 7 days.

I'm doing a test of about a dozen of them shining on the house tonight. I will post pics.

They won't be hacked yet but will give an idea of what 10w can do against my beige brick home.

Thanks. There'll still be a bit of a wait for me if I order since they'll have to cross the Atlantic.

Oh, just noticed your location.

I've been to Ireland once. Loved the heck out of it too!!!

Damn only ships to USA....

I wonder what it would cost to ship from Oklahoma to you?

One lightorama controller in case is about $80. So I think that Hong Kong is my best bet. Any savings would be gone. Thanks for the offer though, that's very nice of you.

Edited by spomalley