Light-O-Rama Forums

Well "the goods" snuck in past customs...

Santas Helper

No pics.. but I opened it up and there is a potted power supply in the back.  with two of the three LED clusters on the voltage stays good at about 12vdc.  When I run white, it drops to about 10.5v.   These seem to be much better made than the ones that others got last year or the year before.. All in all I think I will like them, but I need to make a small driver board for them or use my LOR DC controllers.. Might just do that.. I will have to think about it a bit..

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Santas Helper

• plasmadrive

• spomalley

• portcity_gt

That's good to hear Plasma,

They were fast shippers for me too.

Been using mine mostly on the weekends in the evenings. Sure makes a relaxing difference in the appearance. Before it was dark except the two front patio lights. Now the front of the house is full of color/light.

Show us pics when you get them up and running.

I pulled out the switching supply and it is only good for 600mA.  That is why the voltage drop with RGB all on... that is almost 900mA.  So I cut that one out and put one of the open frame ones I got from ray last year and it is plenty stable at 12v with full current draw.  I think I may switch them all out with DC-DC converters and run a 24v buss, since I have about 50 of those 240 watt 24vdc supplies left.  I can run all of mine from one supply.  Now I just need to work in a DMX to RGB board.

I am looking to use something like these for the DMX to RGB drivers.  http://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/DM-100DC-3channel-dmx-constant-current-decoder-DC9-32V-input-600ma-3-channel-output/701799_867978850.html

Anyone use these before?  I can't built them for this cost..

I am looking to use something like these for the DMX to RGB drivers.  http://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/DM-100DC-3channel-dmx-constant-current-decoder-DC9-32V-input-600ma-3-channel-output/701799_867978850.html

Anyone use these before?  I can't built them for this cost..

$20 to ship that little thing? Seriously? That's where they are making their money.

That kinda kills the good price. But then maybe it's still a good deal. I've never purchased them before.

Shipping is not an issue.. that is just a number at this point.  I am more interested in the opperational part of it.

Ordered DMX to RGB Constant Current driver boards from Ray.  Asked him to ship via post.. $11 to ship 24 of them.

I may not get them for about 10 days.. but should be fun to play with.

I got all mine hacked, I put 25'leads on them.

20140829_103449_zpsivba7c6o.jpg

Looks good.

Keep us posted.

Ordered DMX to RGB Constant Current driver boards from Ray.  Asked him to ship via post.. $11 to ship 24 of them.

I may not get them for about 10 days.. but should be fun to play with.

I would like to see the end result :-)

I ran them thru some sequences last night, they worked flawlessly.

Some colors didnt pick up on my phone like yellow for example.

Flood test: http://youtu.be/Ustlx0tdZEo

That's what I'm talkin about. great job.

Mine turned out the same way last year. Flawless the whole season.

• The topic was locked