Light-O-Rama Forums

So NOT Chrstmas!

bobschm

for the hater's!!

Yep, that's what Christmas and the holiday season is all about.

Yep, that was it right there.

wavingflag.gif

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• caniac

• George Simmons

• SteveMaris

• Orville

Yep, that's what Christmas and the holiday season is all about.

Yep, that was it right there.

wavingflag.gif

you got to admit it is a great display!

For me, a great display is something that keeps me there wanting to see "and" hear more within the spirit of that season. Not with how many lights or what they did with the lights.

If I drove up to that house with that music/song playing during Christmas, I would drive off in a heart beat. Not just because the singer is non-american but because IMHO it doesnt fit the Christmas atmosphere.

I drive to see and hear CHRISTMAS themed/sound displays during CHRISTMAS season.

That's just IMHO.

I don't care for it but to each there own.

Edited by Santas Helper

For me, a great display is something that keeps me there wanting to see "and" hear more within the spirit of that season. Not with how many lights or what they did with the lights.

If I drove up to that house with that music/song playing during Christmas, I would drive off in a heart beat. Not just because the singer is non-american but because IMHO it doesnt fit the Christmas atmosphere.

I drive to see and hear CHRISTMAS themed/sound displays during CHRISTMAS season.

That's just IMHO.

I am a techie at heart and like display's that make me say "WTF how did he do that?".  I don't just want to make the lights blink but twist the light in a way no one else has done or tried.

I am a techie at heart and like display's that make me say "WTF how did he do that?".  I don't just want to make the lights blink but twist the light in a way no one else has done or tried.

I understand and respect your ideas/thoughts.

That's just IMHO.

A "non-American"..? Interesting term. :huh:

That's just IMHO.

Yep, that pretty much sums it up for me too.  If it's supposed to be "Christmas" and "Christmas Lights", then I feel the music should also be Christmas themed as well.  

One ot two non-Christmas songs may be okay, but this GAGham style just doesn't cut it for me because of this guys original reputation and Anti-American lyrics.  We don't accept terrorists, but we accept this person's music and use it?   That I honestly do not get at all.

And that truly makes me wonder, if some terrorist wrote a catchy tune and folks were dancing around too it sung in Arabic, I guess someone in America would put it to lights too.  I just know I WOULD NOT

But too each their own, just know I'm keeping my Christmas display themed to Christmas Music and my Halloween display themed to Halloween music as much as possible.    I may add a NON themed song here or there, and only if I get enough requests, but no matter how many requests I get for an artist I would consider Un-American, Anti-American or downright Terrorist-like, I would NEVER put their music in my display.

Just my opinion of course.

And that truly makes me wonder, if some terrorist wrote a catchy tune and folks were dancing around too it sung in Arabic, I guess someone in America would put it to lights too.  I just know I WOULD NOT

If "some terrorist wrote a catchy tune.."...yea, they spend a lot of time doing that.

If "some terrorist wrote a catchy tune.."...yea, they spend a lot of time doing that.

ROFLMAO!!!!  I would think those kinds of folks are hunkered down somewhere in Afghanistan instead of in South Korea doing Rap Video's.   Those are the ones that bother me, not the ones that might sing off key or mispronounce something.

ROFLMAO!!!!  I would think those kinds of folks are hunkered down somewhere in Afghanistan instead of in South Korea doing Rap Video's.   Those are the ones that bother me, not the ones that might sing off key or mispronounce something.

Again, the point is completely missed. 

I did not say they did, or were going to write one.   I was saying that if some terrorist would just happen to make a catchy tune and folks were dancing to it, someone would use it in a display, and only because it may be gaining in popularity with our American youth, and, again, only because it has a catchy tune and folks were dancing to it, even though it may be in Arabic.  And so no one bothered to translate the lyrics to know what was actually being sung until much later, before realizing just how Anti-American or terrorist related the song really happened to be.  

And so, whose to say a terrorist couldn't write a catchy tune?  {Seems to me Mr. GAGham style wrote a similar song that sure sounded like a terrorist by his lyrics, but I guess I must be missing something since folks here are supporting him, however, I WILL NOT!}

Just because these terrorists are, or may be, "hunkered down" somewhere, doesn't mean it isn't possible.  Also seems to me that these terrorist folk actually tend to live better than some of us in their bunkers, or areas where they are hunkered down with more comfort than some folks living in Americaor other places. 

And since they do make videos to send out for their demands and such at times, they do have a RECORDING studio  

Really think about it, it could happen.   So folks can laugh all they want, however, there is a possibility and a probabilty for anything.  Just saying.

Laughing I am Orv...

I accept the possibility that a terrorist hunkered down somewhere in Pakistan could screw up and write a catchy tune.  And I further accept the possibility that same tune might appeal to someone other than those sharing the same cave with the terrorist.

But tell me, o wizened one, what do you calaulate the probability is of that actually happening?

(I am just to busy right now)

So does this mean that when your time frees up, you will sequence it?

Edited by Santas Helper

So does this mean that when your time frees up, you will sequence it?

Yes. It has a good beat. Something all the kids can dance to. On Christmas. LOL

Again, the point is completely missed. 

I did not say they did, or were going to write one.   I was saying that if some terrorist would just happen to make a catchy tune and folks were dancing to it, someone would use it in a display, and only because it may be gaining in popularity with our American youth, and, again, only because it has a catchy tune and folks were dancing to it, even though it may be in Arabic.  And so no one bothered to translate the lyrics to know what was actually being sung until much later, before realizing just how Anti-American or terrorist related the song really happened to be.  

And so, whose to say a terrorist couldn't write a catchy tune?  {Seems to me Mr. GAGham style wrote a similar song that sure sounded like a terrorist by his lyrics, but I guess I must be missing something since folks here are supporting him, however, I WILL NOT!}

Just because these terrorists are, or may be, "hunkered down" somewhere, doesn't mean it isn't possible.  Also seems to me that these terrorist folk actually tend to live better than some of us in their bunkers, or areas where they are hunkered down with more comfort than some folks living in Americaor other places. 

And since they do make videos to send out for their demands and such at times, they do have a RECORDING studio  

Really think about it, it could happen.   So folks can laugh all they want, however, there is a possibility and a probabilty for anything.  Just saying.

I could be wrong but everything I have read about terrorist training grounds in Afghanistan as well as the hijackers behind 911 there has been nothing about their musical talents or abilities to produce popular music.  I guess it is remotely possible that they may be currently developing some really catchy tune that will cause us to dance ourselves to death and/or electrocute ourselves with our Christmas display's.  As of yet I do not find anything to support your "Al Quida Dance-a-thon Initiative", I will keep on the lookout!

Are you that close to the inner workings of the music industry to know beyond a shadow of a doubt that Psy is a terrorist?  Does it make me a terrorist for cussing about the IRS (some could say my views on taxation are "anti-American").  Does it make me a terrorist because I was never a fan of W or Dick Cheney?  Do you believe that there are satanic lyrics buried in the Beatles records if you play them backwards?  If you play country records backwards do you get your wife back, your dog back, your truck back?

Edited by caniac

I WILL NOT be sequencing this NON american song! (I am just to busy right now)

But that one has a good dance beat and would be so easy to sequence!! lol

• The topic was locked