Light-O-Rama Forums

So NOT Chrstmas!

bobschm

The fact is there are no rules here, everyone does what makes them feel happy because for many of us its more than just putting up lights its a hobby and an addiction :D so we do what makes ourselves happy (or our wives :rolleyes: ). There will always be people who dont agree with the song choice, the lights used, the traffic generated and many other things, but for the vast majority they enjoy the atmosphere and the spirit that the display has created, Regardless if its to Christmas songs or not the effect is the same, we all just choose different ways to basically achieve the same goal and that is joy and happiness and the spirit of Christmas that our displays bring to our community.

So Christmas song or no Christmas song it really doesnt matter, I personally use Christmas songs but they are upbeat and some would say thats not traditional, traditional is as traditional as the person percieves it, traditional changes with the times based on a persons experience and age. So for me i appreciate all displays because its the spirit they bring to the community that counts not whats playing or how they look. :)

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• caniac

• George Simmons

• SteveMaris

• Orville

I don't either.....But God said, " let there be light"..........I'm just followin' orders

But did he want it to go blinky blinky??

I got the most compliments on my "non" Christmas music. What it boils down to is, what makes you happy and your viewers happy, if you don't like what I do, don't watch it.

I think George does an outregous display and love his non christmas music, is "gangman", or whatever it's called, Christmas music???

is "gangman", or whatever it's called, Christmas music???

"Gangnam Is Coming To Town" was a hit on my playlist...

The fact is there are no rules here, everyone does what makes them feel happy because for many of us its more than just putting up lights its a hobby and an addiction :D so we do what makes ourselves happy (or our wives :rolleyes: ). There will always be people who dont agree with the song choice, the lights used, the traffic generated and many other things, but for the vast majority they enjoy the atmosphere and the spirit that the display has created, Regardless if its to Christmas songs or not the effect is the same, we all just choose different ways to basically achieve the same goal and that is joy and happiness and the spirit of Christmas that our displays bring to our community.

So Christmas song or no Christmas song it really doesnt matter, I personally use Christmas songs but they are upbeat and some would say thats not traditional, traditional is as traditional as the person percieves it, traditional changes with the times based on a persons experience and age. So for me i appreciate all displays because its the spirit they bring to the community that counts not whats playing or how they look. :)

AMEN Brother!

I pick my songs, because I like them. I watch my show nearly every night and it makes me happy. One of my songs is slow. If people drive away, so-be-it.

I find putting "boots" on peoples tires while they are distracted watching the lights tends to keep them stayed put until the show is over. :)

I like it - has a nice beat!  Maybe we should use that one for the sequencing contest...

ROFLMAO, I really needed that laugh!

and we are only trying to match that by whatever means we have.

and sequence this!!

doesn't get more non-Christmas than this!

I think this video was uncalled for and gone a little too far.

Edited by Santas Helper

I think this video was uncalled for and gone a little too far.

More than a little too far.

Content removed. Yes, there is fun to be had here on the forums. That video, however, is simply not appropriate at all for the forum.

Oh well, back to our regularly scheduled program.  Stay tuned for today's' episode of "We want to censor your light show"!

Oh well, back to our regularly scheduled program.  Stay tuned for today's' episode of "We want to censor your light show"!

There is no censoring of anyone's light show going on here.

It's the removal of content from the forum which, based on the number of reports generated and common sense, goes far and beyond what should be posted to the forums.

If you have any further concerns, then please let Light-O-Rama know.

I didn't post it, but I did laugh at it.. but we ALL knew it wasn't appropriate....  Cut the admin a break... he did the right thing.. we had our laugh.. :rolleyes:

I didn't post it, but I did laugh at it.. but we ALL knew it wasn't appropriate....  Cut the admin a break... he did the right thing.. we had our laugh.. :rolleyes:

I wasn't being serious when I posted the comment.  The only censoring truly going on here is by the OP.  I posted it to make a point that if you truly want to complain about non-Christmas music then we know someone will eventually create a sequence to that.

Would someone be kind enough to let me in on the joke? A link pm'ed to me perhaps? I like to laugh too.....

Would someone be kind enough to let me in on the joke? A link pm'ed to me perhaps? I like to laugh too.....

pm me your email address and I will send you the youtube video.

pm me your email address and I will send you the youtube video.

you saved it to?   LOL  So did I.. posted it on my FB..

Is it just me or do you think there's no place for "Gangam Style" on a Christmas display? A search of youtube comes up with all kinds of non-holiday songs done to the lights. What up wit dat? :huh:  At least some of them have Christmas or winter themed lyrics. But too many are just chosen for the beat so they can show off the flashing lights.

Or am I just getting crotchety in my old age. And get those kids off my lawn.

Personally that song is stupid and annoying, but it's their display and they can play what ever they want.