Light-O-Rama Forums

Mini Director running show wrong, fine with computer

flyinbyu20

Hi all! I recently added 6 CCRs to my light show for halloween and at christmas. When I run the show from the ShowTime Mini Director with MP3, it seems to stall out during a part of the show, then almost go into hyper speed to catch up. It did this at halloween, so I connected it to a laptop halloween night to fix it...but now with my christmas show, it does the exact same thing. I have two links, one showing how it should be correct and one with the card running the show to see what is happening. I tried different SD cards, a different mini director, and still nothing fixes it. It only does it during a show that has CCRs in it as well... any help!? thanks in advance!

SD card running show... stalls in the beginning then catches up by going super fast by 22 seconds into it...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9CNRv8m0jfs

and here is it with a laptop connected...you can see it change at roughly 10 seconds, just how it is programmed to

Have you tried increasing the network speed to "Short Range" when you add the show to the SD card?

It might help, but my experience is you might have the Maxed out the Mini Director trying to used 6 CCR's.

I had 4 CCR's for the past 2 years and lost data with the mini director, this year using E1.31 and fixed my data problems.

Thanks for the reply. Can you tell me how to the short range change? I am 26 yrs old and have built a few computers from scratch over the years, but not too much knowledge of networks and inter-workings. Also trying to figure out what the E1.31 is...

Thanks!

Thanks for the reply. Can you tell me how to the short range change? I am 26 yrs old and have built a few computers from scratch over the years, but not too much knowledge of networks and inter-workings. Also trying to figure out what the E1.31 is...

Thanks!

Using the HU software, select LOR MP3 tab and add you sequences, then selct "Create Show", then next screen you will see comm speed and the default is 57.6, select 115.4 and then place show on card.

Just add the files that have your problem and check if it helps fix your problem.

Edited by Dennis Cherry