Light-O-Rama Forums

Problems with a unit ID

nathansele

Ok so this is my first post so y'all will have to bare with me..

Anyways, this year is my second year using lor. last year I only had 16 channles but this year I'm having 48. So that means i have 3 three CTB16PCg3's. Earlier this week I recieved my 2 new ones in the mail so I set the unit id's on hardware utility and tested all the channles on the 2 new controllers that I bought. and they all worked and my lights lit up fine.. but when i go to play a sequence on, only unit id's 1 and 2 work. My controller with the unit id of 3 wont play a sequence. Even though all three of the CTB16PC's have the solid green light so i know that they are talking to the computer. ive even tried switching the unit id's on the controllers to see if it was just a bad controller but still only the number 3 unit id would not work when a sequence was playing.. :unsure:

Ive tried all I could think of so hopefully one of y'all can help me out with this. And thanks ahead of time!

It's probably like wbottomley mentioned - your licence level can only support 2 controllers (Basic). You need one of these license levels to have more than 2 controllers; Basic Plus, Standard, or Advanced. You can compare them here, http://www.lightorama.com/ShowtimeSoftwareSuite.html

I agree that it's most likely the license level.

y'all will have to bare with me..

Sorry, I think I'll keep my clothes on. :)

Yes I am using different id numbers (1, 2, and 3). and I have checked to make sure that my channel configuration is correct. But it sounds like that it is my lisence level that is the problem. I have the basic so I guess thats why I am only getting a resoponce from 2 controllers. It looks like the Basic Plus shoud do the trick! I'll try that and see what happens.

What the heck is going on. The ops post is a carbon copy of one that was posted a week ago. And the answers are basically the same that was posted a week ago also.

I upgraded to the Basic Plus and all 3 controllers work great now. I just didnt realize there was a limited number of controllers you could use on just the basic. But I appreciate the help :)

What the heck is going on. The ops post is a carbon copy of one that was posted a week ago. And the answers are basically the same that was posted a week ago also.

There are many explanations but I don't want any warning points so I won't list them.

one thing,any newbie reading this please put as much information in your profile as your can. The most important is license level and version also helpful to know what area you are in,maybe a lor member is only a few miles away.. As you see there are plenty of folks hear happy to help,and the more info they have the faster the problem can be fixed

Edited by james campbell

Guest wbottomley

I upgraded to the Basic Plus and all 3 controllers work great now. I just didnt realize there was a limited number of controllers you could use on just the basic. But I appreciate the help :)

That's why you read the fine print.

... there are plenty of folks hear happy to help...

And there might even be folks who don't "hear" happy who are willing to help.

Too bad they haven't yet come to see me, though. I could fit them with a pair of today's incredible hearing aids and I guarantee they WOULD indeed "hear" happy.

Edited by George Simmons
  • Like 1

And there might even be folks who don't "hear" happy who are willing to help.

Too bad they haven't yet come to see me, though. I could fit them with a pair of today's incredible hearing aids and I guarantee they WOULD indeed "hear" happy.

well shucks guess us folks here I said here in Kentucky ain't got no good spelling,,,,or grammer