Light-O-Rama Forums

Animation sequence question

lucifestasrl

BBQ!!!!!! LOL.. I am new here and you all are NUTTTSSSS.... Of course, when my wife sees what I am setting up for Christmas...... :P

Why? You want to fly down from N.C. to Florda and join me? ;)

The dinner plan is:

Baked Crow for the main course

Deep Fried Crow {French Fried} for a side

Cornbread Crow

and of course for Desert: Ice Cold Crow Pie with a wee bit of Whip Cream.

:lol:;):P

Sure doesn't look like a heart-healthy meal.

• Like 1

So anyway, wasn't trying to mislead anyone here, just my issues is why I posted the info I did, and of course the Director manual didn't help much with this as when I did a search for animation sequences the only section I found only referenced filler sequences, nothing about standalone animations that I found. this info should be in the manual somewhere don't you think? It would help old timers and newbies, because then we'd all have known for sure. I really did not think the MP3 Directors could do animation sequences and haven't going on 3+ years UNTIL today, Tuesday 10/23/2012!

Nor did or could I find anything in the DC-MP3 Showtime Director manual about animation sequences with the Exception of "filler sequences", again, why I would not think { and my won't} an MP3 Director will run animation sequences as a stand alone without some type MP3 music file.

Multiple places in the DC-MP3 datasheet does it list being able to use animation or non-musical sequences:

http://www.lightorama.com/PDF/DC-MP3.pdf

Whip Cream or Whipped Cream?

William..I'd be cautious if you're thinking of making the trip.

We 'uns down heerya in Floreeeeduh use both terms to mean da same thing. :P

Multiple places in the DC-MP3 datasheet does it list being able to use animation or non-musical sequences:

http://www.lightoram.../PDF/DC-MP3.pdf

Well I was just reading though the actual manual and didn't look at the datasheet, usually when I look at a datasheet, it has a lot less info, seems in this case the data sheet has more info on the animation aspect than the actual manual I got with my Director does, since my manual matches the manual on-line, so it's kind of why I didn't look at the datasheet., figuring I really wouldn't find any further info there. Looks like I'm going to have to start looking at both now, since this one came back and bit me. :blink:

Righhhhhhhhhhhhhht (wink, wink)

J/K :P

I wish I'd have tried doing the re-install of the firmware. Could have saved me a lot of aggravation creating all these dadblasted SILENT MP3 dummy files. And it turns out I was the "Dummy!" {There I said it before anyone else did!} ^_^

Sure doesn't look like a heart-healthy meal.

Why I'll have you know I only used the best ORGANICALLY raised crows and grown grains and vegetables. :P

I guess I do now understand how Orville got confused regarding animation versus mp3 on the director:

Did the firmware upgrade just happen earlier this year?

Is there another spot at the dinner table? :P

Why? You want to fly down from N.C. to Florda and join me? ;)

The dinner plan is:

Baked Crow for the main course

Deep Fried Crow {French Fried} for a side

Cornbread Crow

and of course for Desert: Ice Cold Crow Pie with a wee bit of Whip Cream.

:lol:;):P

Where is "Florda"??

I guess I do now understand how Orville got confused regarding animation versus mp3 on the director:

http://forums.lighto...em/#entry184194

Did the firmware upgrade just happen earlier this year?

Is there another spot at the dinner table? :P

An animation sequence with tracks can not be used. An animation sequence without tracks can be used.

I couldn't possibly tell you when the firmware upgrade happened. I do know that I've used animation sequences w/ the Showtime Director with one client since at least 2009.

Thanks for the postings here on this topic. I too have been making silent MP3s to fix the perceived problem - it adds a lot of manual copy/paste for the musical sequence when I can't use looping feature from the animations.

I'll try the firmware update today...

Thank you all!

Thanks for the postings here on this topic. I too have been making silent MP3s to fix the perceived problem - it adds a lot of manual copy/paste for the musical sequence when I can't use looping feature from the animations.

I'll try the firmware update today...

Thank you all!

Are people thinking that the firmware upgrade is necessary for playing animation sequences? I don't think that was what Orville's problem was. He just nearly bricked his director since he didn't fully load the new firmware and reportedly animations weren't working as a result. It would have worked with the previous firmware.

Are people thinking that the firmware upgrade is necessary for playing animation sequences? I don't think that was what Orville's problem was. He just nearly bricked his director since he didn't fully load the new firmware and reportedly animations weren't working as a result. It would have worked with the previous firmware.

I was coming to the same conclusion -- In my test just now, I tried to load an animation before doing any firmware updates and it worked. But the two variables are that 1. I have a newer MP3 mini director at work and 2. I used the hardware utility instead of the Simple Show Builder at home. I immediately went to thinking that the firmware may not be the issue, and I tried to load the animation again using the simple Show Builder and it failed here too.

"Cannot download file" followed by the directory and file name and then ending with "Overflow"

So before I do any firmware work, I want to try to use the Hardware utility at home on the old MP3 mini director to see if I can load an animation. I wish I was retired or this was my career job so I could do this test now, but I am at work trying to fit in a little research between meetings and other responsibilities - just trying to stay ahead of Halloween final display time!

Thank you Surfing for flagging that direction as probably not being the correct path to a solution. I'd rather not take the chance of making my equipment "bricked" too! :o

I am however trying to figure out how to read what version of firmware is currentl on the mini directors -- any ideas? I've not had a lot of luck searching for it online or in the manual.

Thank you sincerely.

Where is "Florda"??

So

Sorry, curretly on mod que, so if I make any errors, I won;t know about them until the post shows up, and usually can't fix it.

Should have been Florida. I got to get a new keyboard as sometimes when I hit a letter on my current one it doesn't show up and I miss it until someone points it out or it's too late for me to correct it.

I got to get a new keyboard as sometimes when I hit a letter on my current one it doesn't show up and I miss it until someone points it out or it's too late for me to correct it.

A fine musician never blames his instrument. :P