Light-O-Rama Forums

credit card fraud

digdeepfundraising

It can happen to anyone, anytime. I wouldn't get too worked up about it. Your card company should take care of it. Last summer someone spent $850 on my Amex card in a bait shop in the Caribbean. amex notified me on Saturday morning and on Monday I had a new card!

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• digdeepfundraising

• Santas Helper

• Surfing4Dough

• LOR Staff

Since I started this post the cc company have re issued me a new card and wiped off the debt and now back to spending more money on bloody lights

I had this happen to my Discover card a year of so ago, and about a year before that. What a hassle. Discover caught it, and decactivated my card, and it didn't cost me anything, but it took awhile to get the replacement.

The second time, I had a pretty good idea how it happened, and I contacted the FBI, which referred me to the Secret Service. They weren't interested in following up, said it was the CC companys who should report it. Your tax dollars at work...

Jerry

I had this happen to my Discover card a year of so ago, and about a year before that. What a hassle. Discover caught it, and decactivated my card, and it didn't cost me anything, but it took awhile to get the replacement.

The second time, I had a pretty good idea how it happened, and I contacted the FBI, which referred me to the Secret Service. They weren't interested in following up, said it was the CC companys who should report it. Your tax dollars at work...

Jerry

I reported fraud to Discover on a Wednesday mid-afternoon recently, and by late morning Thursday I had a new card in my hand. They overnighted it (across the country no less) to me at no cost. I must say I was impressed.

I know that I was issued a new card from B of A because of a breach in a vendors system. They never told me which one.

our bank replaced all of our cards this year we didn't have any charges but one of the CC proccesing Companies was hacked and they thought our card info might have been in that hack

• The topic was locked