Light-O-Rama Forums

credit card fraud

digdeepfundraising

i have a credit card just for purchusing my light stuff i have used it with 3 companies and its been cloned and used in the us and brought 3k worth of stuff on it

im not pointing fingers at anyone here im just wanting to know if anyone else had had this problem or anyone know anything

the following companies are

light-o-rama.com

christmaslightshow.com

holiday-light-express.com

this is the only 3 companies i have ever giving my details too EVER

ANY HELP WOULD BE GOOD

Edited by digdeepfundraising

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• digdeepfundraising

• Santas Helper

• Surfing4Dough

• LOR Staff

Don't exclude your actual card company. They can be hacked as well. Financial institutions get hit more than we think.

Main thing is to make sure you have fraud protection.

good point tom the reason that i didnt thik about them as ive only used it to buy stuff in the states and thats were its been hacked so i put 1 and 1 together and come out with 7

I've been hacked from Romania Transylvania (at an ATM at a college institution, they made up their own pin #) and Canada along with a few other countries, but also here in the U.S..

Bad thing is, they couldn't track who actually did it. But I got fully refunded.

BTW, you make a good point as well. And your math is as good as mine. :lol:

Edited by Santas Helper

Hmmmmm.... Had attempted use of mine in the last month, but was caught before anything happened. Have used it to buy from christmaslightshow.com too.

Guest wbottomley

Two of my cards had fraudulent charges on them. Citi Card first then two weeks later Wells Fargo. Both have been replaced.

But... something is going on here. Maybe a pattern?

I bought from CLS earlier this year and HLE within the last month. I need to see which card(s) were used.

Doesn't Intuit own Quickboos? And a Quickbooks user can have intuit process their PMT. You can contact intuit but I would try Quickbooks accounting software. Good luck.

Edited by columbus27

Doesn't Intuit own Quickboos? And a Quickbooks user can have intuit process their PMT. You can contact intuit but I would try Quickbooks accounting software. Good luck.

im just being nosy to what they brought with my charity funds (f**king as**oles)

my bank are sorting it all out for me and hopefully get all my funds back

my bank are sorting it all out for me and hopefully get all my funds back

If your bank gives you static and does not do 100% refund, I would suggest finding a bank or credit union that has 100% fraud protection. I only see these types of deals on the increase.

just got off phone to card company it was used in a holiday inn in san jose and a home depot store

you really get around for not having left the UK! lol

they will give me 100% refund but there looking into it as all my other 4 payments i made from that card are from the states too lol so i guess there just making sure its not me

@caniac dam i wish it was me over there i would be spending more than that :D

My card was hacked last month as well. I was getting charged for dating websites being administered out of the UK. I have purchased items from LOR and HLE. Is this just coincidence?

Torqumada

Intuit also has a credit card side to their business. Any one can sign up for an account and take payments, with or without the card present. I currently use them as my credit card company because of the low fees. As long as you have a bank account, you can take credit cards. Your card company should be able to track it through the routing number it was deposited into. Good luck

I too have purchased from LOR and HLE in the last month. I also had fraud charges about 2 weeks later. I was lucky and caught it while the charges were still pending. One was from Newegg, and they actually called me to confirm the order. I was able to cancel that order on their end and then alerted my bank to the rest.

If I am not mistaken, I think we (LOR) only use Paypal to process credit card transactions. While I'm not saying that PP can't be hacked, I would think there would be a whole lot of people complaining if the origin was Paypal.

When you are a merchant who accepts PP, you never get to see the CC number. All you get is an address, and if that address is verified or not.