Light-O-Rama Forums

Strobe Bulbs?

Sparky Griswold

Hello All,

Back for more. Hope everyone is having a great summer. Crazy to think our holiday's are just around the corner. Wishing everyone a great show(s) for the upcoming season.

I wanted to ask, and I'm not sure what they are called, Strobe bulbs?, but I see these in shows from time to time. they are quick flashes and typically spread around the yard/home for effect. Can anyone shed some light, pun intended, on this for me. What are they, name, where to buy, etc. Much appreciated.

Bryan

Chandler, AZ

www.ChaseTheLights.com

www.ChaseYourFear.com

Hello All,

Back for more. Hope everyone is having a great summer. Crazy to think our holiday's are just around the corner. Wishing everyone a great show(s) for the upcoming season.

I wanted to ask, and I'm not sure what they are called, Strobe bulbs?, but I see these in shows from time to time. they are quick flashes and typically spread around the yard/home for effect. Can anyone shed some light, pun intended, on this for me. What are they, name, where to buy, etc. Much appreciated.

Bryan

Chandler, AZ

www.ChaseTheLights.com

www.ChaseYourFear.com

Strobe lights...usually of the C9 variety...bulbs and SPT wire with the sockets are allyou need...I tend to buy the sockets not on the line already so that you may place them wherever you like. Don't know if you will find any sales as most have had their summer sale already...I picked up an additional 75 from Paul at CDI at his sale...great pricing!

• Like 1

Thank Vikester,

Much appreciated. Was hoping that was the case. Thank you again for quick reply.

Guest wbottomley

Hello All,

Bryan

Chandler, AZ

www.ChaseTheLights.com

www.ChaseYourFear.com

Maybe this will help.

Very useful. Thank you for the information. I think the Xenon's are the way to go. Appreciate the follow up.

Curtain strobes are probably what you need. I bought some LED strobes and was disappointed but the regular strobes seem to work real nice.

Thank you for the recommendation. Always appreciated. I'm looking for an all around effect rather than uniform. Thinking the Xeons are going to be my choice. Not a big LED fan. Old school boy I guess. Thanks again.

Just my opinion and what I thought of the following. There are 3 types of strobes I have had the chance to play with. There is the LED strobe. If looking from the end, it is as bright as the "U" tube type. But the sides suffer and can hardly be seen. The "I" tube strobe is as bright as the "U" tube from the sides, but suffers some at the end, but can still be seen at the end. And the "U" tube is brightest at both the end and sides. But it does cost a wee bit more than either the LED or the "I" tube strobes I have seen. I got some "I" tube strobes this year for the mega tree. Figured that they will be hanging down when I suspend them from the strings that make up the tree. So, I am hoping that with the strongest flash seen from the side that it will work out.

• Like 1

Sparky, if you go Xenon (IMHO is the way to go), I have a decent how to about prep, maintenance and repair on my webite:

http://www.woodinvillewonderland.com/images/ChristmasExpo/ChristmasExpo2011Curatin%20Strobes.pdf

Christmas Light Show and Illumimax also sell the Xenon versions, check with them as they go on sale at various times of the year. Good luck.

• Like 1

Not mentioned in thiis thread, but most people agree xenon strobes give a lot more !POP! (Not really sure how to explain it) than LED strobes.

• Like 1

Hey Mark, thanks for the great document on strobes. I have a few of those where the base have come off, now I know what to do.

Thank you all again for the great help. Looking forward to getting them in and integrating them. Mucho Appreciated.

Not mentioned in thiis thread, but most people agree xenon strobes give a lot more !POP! (Not really sure how to explain it) than LED strobes.

I agree,led strobes blink rather than flash

When buying strobes, you may want to check the length of the warranty , first. If you buy now, some warranties may expire before the Xmas lighting season even gets here !

Jerry

Hey Mike and Patti. Great question. depends on wattage of each.

With xenon, 6 are an amp. With the strobing effects , and it is tough to guage. I have up to 75 per channel and have never had a problem.