Light-O-Rama Forums

GFCI 's

big joe

Don Gillespie wrote:

KStatefan wrote:
What would you expect from someone that "does not know his rear from a hole in the ground"

its posts like this that are not needed, if you do not want to participate then don't name calling is for two year olds, looks like you keep making the same mistake over and over and over.

I agree.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Max-Paul

• dgrant

• KStatefan

• plasmadrive

Top Posters In This Topic

My mini trees are metal tomatoe cages. All of them are directly on the ground. Even with all the rain we get down here, I never had any issues with my GFCI's tripping.

Jeff was extremely helpful with his knowledge of electricity when I built my portable sub panel for my show.

This topic has been hashed through before many times here. It's always good to rehash things like this. It keeps folks from being injured or worse, dying from stupid mistakes that can easily be avoided. I'm sure most, if not all of us have some horror stories about getting zapped.

Debates will always get a little heated, but only because one person is typing and someone else is reading it differently than it was intended.

Don't get that confused with bullying. If we were all on a phone conference or even skype, it would be easier to explain things and get your point across more clearly.

The erroneous comments concerning what a hole is or isn't, are inflamatory and unnecessary.

"You are not confused.

What would you expect from someone that "does not know his rear from a hole in the ground""

This is not being read as I intended. The second sentence is not directed at Jeff. Maybe I should have added to the end "but to make the same mistake again."

KStatefan wrote:

"You are not confused.

What would you expect from someone that "does not know his rear from a hole in the ground""

This is not being read as I intended. The second sentence is not directed at Jeff. Maybe I should have added to the end "but to make the same mistake again."

I'm not sure Jeff does know his rear from a hole in the ground! Especially when wine is involved!

Edit: Unlike most forum users the admins do have edit capability so I am using that capability to say that this post was written prior to seeing Jeff's last post. I am considering what to do about edit but in the past it has been used to bate people or to cover up things. Agreed that we should not let a few bad apples mess up things for everyone so I am considering a change as far as the Edit function.

I made a mistake earlier this day, wrongly accused this thread of being something it was not and then shutting down this thread. This has been a good discussion and I appreciate it. Things have not been as smooth at the forums as I would like them to be and I saw a few things and jumped to the wrong overall conclusion. There are a few things said that were not necessary but I had not taken the time to read the entire thread and took a few other things out of context.

I thank Jeff for pushing things back on track and to KstateFan for the picture which was a helpful addition to the thread.

As far as having ground involved or not in the testing circuit, we have now seen the pros and cons to such a design and we know how the GFICs in our homes work.

As far as having more than one thread in the forums that covers this topic. I have no issue with that. It is an important topic and will now be easier for people to find in the future.

I am going to close the thread now because it has gone beyond (what I believe were) the expectations of the OP.