Light-O-Rama Forums

Announcement - Pac NW Regional CLAP

zman

I hope to be there on Friday to help set-up...

and Saturday...

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• zman

• jimswinder

• rainyoregonchristmas

• Papa-LF

Very cool. If anyone plans on showing up Friday, it is best to shoot for sometime after noon.

I'll be there Saturday morning with a cup of coffee in each hand. Maybe I can find one of those hardhats with the two drink holders built in so I can be hands free. To make it up there by starting time I'm leaving here at 3:30-4am. Good thing I'm use to the night shift. Anyone know how to set up a coffee I.V.? I might need one by noon.

-RainyOregonChristmas:D

rainyoregonchristmas wrote:

Anyone know how to set up a coffee I.V.?  I might need one by noon.

Just bring a change of clothes, we can just throw you in the lake, :P:D

Seriously - I think we can handle night shift workers, after 21 years of shift work - I for one totally understand.

Pizza Meet and Greet on Friday May 11th if your coming in from out of the area, or live in the area. The reservations are for 5pm under Christmas CLAP:

Farrelli's Pizza & Pool Co
4870 Yelm Hwy SE
Lacey, WA
360-493-2090

It should be a great 2 days.

Saturday is expected to be in the 70's and looks like no chance of rain... Could not ask for better weather than that to hang out and talk!

Better bring your sunglasses and a hat!

-Daryl

Daryl Hurd wrote:

Saturday is expected to be in the 70's and looks like no chance of rain...
is this the year we start a new tradition and throw Mark and Bill into the lake after the meeting???? :cool:

ken collins wrote:

I wouldn't do Bill, but maybe Mark an Kevin....

ummmm...

sooooo many things one could say...

but I'll refrain... :)

Guest Don Gillespie

jimswinder wrote:

ken collins wrote:
I wouldn't do Bill, but maybe Mark an Kevin....

ummmm...

sooooo many things one could say...

but I'll refrain... :)

ok this door is open way to wide, if you do Mark and Kevin wouldn't Bill be mad? just askin ;)

zman wrote:

note to self, bring stun gun.
I hear you can hook these babies up to an LOR Controller!!!! :shock:

Attached files 316128=17263-stun gun.jpg

Thing doen't look like it works. Should test it like a 9 volt battery with your tongue.

So my girlfriend has decided to join us.. She wants to know more about the lights too.. SO much so, she put off her mother for Mother's Day... Now I know I will have to really put the stuff I learn to use..

Daryl Hurd wrote:

So my girlfriend has decided to join us, she put off her mother for Mother's Day... Now I know I will have to really put the stuff I learn to use..
the first thing you need to learn is...

why would she rather be with YOU rather than her Mom!!! :P

Heading to the airport in about 1 hour. Will see you all this afternoon. Really looking forward to this event.
Dave

Should not have left so early, yawn, at least I had first dibs on fresh donuts at the bakery when I left. See ya all in a few.

KUDOS to all of those who made yesterday's CLAP such a success. I learned so much that I can't wait to get things rolling on my display. Thank you to all of our sponsors, the selection of display goodies really has wet my appetite for new things to add. A special thank you to our hosts and the facilitators. What a great introduction for us newbies to the world of hardcore holiday lighting.

A big THANK YOU to our hosts Bill and Nancy Foley, to the organizers, Mark Z and Kevin T. for doing a GREAT job of being the MC's, to those who had some very informative presentations (Lowell, JR, and Mark...I'm sure I am forgetting someone!!) all the others who helped them and to all the vendors that supplied the FANTASTIC door prizes!!!

THANKS GUYS!!!