Light-O-Rama Forums

Announcement - Pac NW Regional CLAP

zman

Can't wait, anybody need any swag or stuff from Canada? Coming this way, I know (Wirekat) Kevin, likes the Scottish chews, so I'll have to remember to bring some down. Anything else?????

See you guys in MAY!!!

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• zman

• jimswinder

• rainyoregonchristmas

• Papa-LF

CLAP Update:

The theme is "Attention to Detail"

The agenda is shaping up like this:

Friday May 11th - Afternoon. Set up at Bill & Nancy's

Night Pizza Feast Meet & Greet - 5:30pm

Farrelli's Pizza & Pool Co
4870 Yelm Hwy SE
Lacey, WA
360-493-2090

Saturday May 12th:

Bill & Nancy Foley

4842 Thompson Lane SE

Olympia, WA 9851

7:30am - 8:30am - Meet and Greet, Swap Meet, Networking, coffee, donuts

8:30am to 6:00pm - CLAP start (NOTE WE START AT 8:30am)

Agenda:

1. Welcome

2. Display Details Roundtable (Open moderated forum)

a. Decisions that affect us all - Basic to Advanced

b. We are working on an interactive decision framework to share

3. Managing Your LED Investment

4. DC Electronics. Let your Display's voltage swing the other way

5. Lunch - Interactive. Carry over from the Introductions last year

6. Animatronics Overview - Lester the Snowman signing the Blues

7. RGB Realization - What can be done, how do you do it.

We have some additional sponsors to those already mentioned who are supporting our CLAP:

Christmas Light Show - http://www.christmaslightshow.com/

Creative Displays - http://www.creativedisplays.com/

Holiday Coro - http://www.holidaycoro.com/

Mclendon Hardware - http://www.mclendons.com/

Besides our hosts, there will have some very distinguished guests attending our CLAP. Some real pioneers. It will be a lot of fun for sure.

Consider this a call for RSVP's. We one of the last FREE events that is held in the nation. We need to plan for lunch. Please respond to thread, send PM or email if you plan on attending.

I'll be there....

will there be a "Donation Station" so those willing, can help defray some of Bill and Nancys costs?

and what time are you gathering on Friday if we want to lend a hand setting up?

Well I'm bringing a couple of inflatables that I don't want anymore and my 16 foot train that needs a little work but, Maybe somebody may want to repurpose it. I may bring a few other things too but, not sure how much room i'll have coming down.

Yea, seems like someone is always briging something that doesn't fit in their display any longer. Some things are quite inexpensive and some/many are just plain free. Never know what you may find - thats why its always a good idea to show up a little early - if only just to help setup. We love help to setup, and clean up as well.
Everyone is always just so very kind. Its a fun gathering.

Bill and Nancy are superb hosts!

Alrighty we are set, The wife and I will be at the Meet and Greet on Friday and I will be there on Saturday.

Trying to see if I can make it from Southern California. Will know after this weekend. Need to bring anything special? (Laptop or something to take notes and pics?)

Requesting RSVP's!! This is one of the last hosted (free) events in the country and want to give out gracious hosts, Bill & Nancy Foley planning numbers.

This is one case where you will NOT get what you paid for, but rather a wealth of information, networking and a great time for sure.

We have another sponsor:

Winkelbottoms - www.winkelbottoms.com

This gives us a total of 9 and we always seem to have some at the last minute for some awesome door prizes. We can't thank all of them enough. Please support those that support us.

If you have responded already, THANK YOU. If you are planning to attend, send me a PM, email or respond to this thread.

• 2 weeks later...

CLAP is only a week away! One last reminder for RSVP's. If you have responded already, thank you! If your status changes, please let us know asap. If you are coming, please let us know.

We look forward to seeing everyone again.