Light-O-Rama Forums

Announcement - Pac NW Regional CLAP

zman

OK, for those of you who have helped us spread the CLAP (Christmas Light Addiction Problem) over the years, to further assist you with that Problem, we are announcing a new effort.

The PacNW Regional CLAP (Christmas Light Addiction PROGRAM)

It's going to be a multi-year effort to help you with your Problem. We wanted to come up with a new name for the annual Christmas Light Mini Plus in the Northwest, so this is the title that we settled on. This is not just a WA State gathering, everyone is welcome to attend.

First installment date of the PacNW Regional CLAP is Saturday May 12th in scenic Olympia, WA. (Actually it is, Bill and Nancy Foley our hosts, have a beautiful house on Lake St. Clair) It's a great place to get your Progam started.

I know, for some (me included), the displays are not even down dried and put away yet, but it was such a great season, the gang wanted to get a jump start on planning for next season already, and were excited about getting the date set to give plenty of notice for planning purposes.

We already have great ideas for subject matter, but if there is something you want to have presented, or you would like to present, send a PM or email. More will follow in the next few weeks. Mark your calendars.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• zman

• jimswinder

• rainyoregonchristmas

• Papa-LF

I need more (ok ALL) understanding of RGB DIY (dumb vs intelligent)...

what to look for
Items needed to buy to make it all work...

Same thing for DMX stuff...

• 1 month later...

Happy Presidents Day Weekend to everyone. I'll be spending it still taking the display down. Very late tear down this year for many reasons.

I wanted to bump this and let you know that we want to start soliciting content ideas. The planning committee is looking at some potential topics already, but want to see what YOU guys want to have as subject matter. PM or send me an email with your suggestions. We will post a preliminary track listing as we get into March.

If the stars align just right........ we could have a phenominal gathering.

• 1 month later...

All,

It's been a while since the last update. This is just a bump, and a reminder, that we are still a go for May 12th. We are talking to vendors to sponsor the door prizes and have quite a few who have committed:

3G Lighting - store.3glightingcreations.com/
The Demented Elf - www.thedementedelf.com
Reinder's - www.reinders.com/led/led_home.html
Terry's Lighted Christmas - www.terryslightedchristmas.com

There will be more!

The meeting agenda is being finalized and we should have some announcements in the next week or so.

We look forward to seeing everyone there.

Ok, so I am assuming that as a not-yet-newbie (I have everything but controllers and software) This would be the perfect setting to know what I'm gonna get myself into. Now if I can convince the wife to let me go, I'll be in.

rainyoregonchristmas wrote:

Ok, so I am assuming that as a not-yet-newbie (I have everything but controllers and software) This would be the perfect setting to know what I'm gonna get myself into. Now if I can convince the wife to let me go, I'll be in.

Rainy!
Bring her along - we ALWAYS have a great time! LOTS of great family folk! And there has never been a cover charge - unless you want to help Bill and Nancy pay for the grub.
I believe with what we have planned there will be something there for everybody.
We have had so much fun over the years, we have even had guys lock their keys in the car - just to get attention - ROFL!
Lowell

Keys, hmmmm and who might that have been.....:shock:

Rainy, Nancy loves the meetings, but also loves spending time getting to know the significant others that want to tag along, but not sit in on the specific sessions.

As Lowell alluded to, we have a great agenda shaping up and we have probably the best spot in the world to host our meeting and I am serious about that.

More info coming in the next week or so.

rainyoregonchristmas wrote:

a not-yet-newbie (I have everything but controllers and software)

Ah, so sometimes you should wait for the details before saying something. As you might have seen in another topic I started in the coffee shop, I was in a contest to loose weight to win a cash prize. I got final word today on my prize, I get a bigger share than I thought! I now have cash to buy my controller and software. The wife did tell me I could come if I was able to purchase equipment, I think I got her on this one. Now if she'll let me get just one more controller. I told her I think I can be happy with 32 channels for a few years. (Famous last words of a newbie before he crosses over to the darkside, just don't tell her I had my fingers crossed):cool:

This (CLAP) gets bigger each year. I wish I could attend but I just have too much on my plate this year. Maybe next year I can get away. I have learned a bunch just from the how to things that are posted on Mark's web page after each event. Lowell was big in my first show being so nice as to give me the coro Alvin and the Chipmunks and they have been a big hit. I re did them this year in wire frame because over the years the coro has seen it better days. Have a good time guys.