Light-O-Rama Forums

So who is still using S2 and didn't upgrade to S3?

Guest guest

DonFL wrote:

The can of worms was opened with the first post.

When you ask for opinions, you need to be willing to take them, whether they agree or disagree with your original offered opinion.

We've been down this road before...there are several topics on this board that require a thick skin when discussed. This is one of them.

Don, you missed something. Orville ONLY asked for opinions that agreed with HIS!

His first question was:

"1. So who didn't upgrade and are you glad you didn't? And will now wait it out for these bugs that have reared their ugly heads to be fixed before doing so."

So Orville feels like the software was "Junk" and wants to hear from others that shares his opinion.

His second question was:

"2. And to those that did upgrade and have issues with it, are you now sorry you didn't wait it out a little longer before you did that upgrade?"

So with his second question he only wanted to hear from people that were "dumb enough" to download the software that Orville thinks is "Junk".

Read post #18, really somes it up. Apparently Orville did not want to hear from anyone that was happy they upgraded and had no problems, or to even hear about the merits of S3 or even a discussion of any kind, that did not bash the product.

I do get riled when someone bashes a product that they have never used, much less even seen, and to have the GALL to do it on the product makers own support forum.

Yes, this thread fired me up!

Rant off!

Don, I'm sorry, I didn't get the memo from Chicken Little that as soon as he loaded S3 3.0.2 that the sky fell. Thank you for filling me in. Guess I'll have to roll back to S1 now, just to be safe.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JBullard

• caniac

• jimswinder

• bob

Top Posters In This Topic

I still do not understand where you get that from Mr. Bullard, I was asking others of their OPINIONS on wether or not they were happy or not happy they went ahead with S3 with some of the issues that ARE BEING discussed in other threads. I have not insinuated anywhere that everyone has to agree with me, those were just questions and nothing more than questions to those that had upgrade and those that hadn't and what they thought.

I have NOT given any such detrimental opinions as you have stated, nor have I agreed or disagreed with anyone here that has upgraded or not upgraded.

YOU are the ONLY one here making that assumption, noone else has.

And quite frankly I have PM Dan to close and lock this thread before it does get out of hand.

CK,about that school stuff, I always played well with others and always got along with my schoolmates, however that was where one made contact in person and not via just the written word, which mine has been devoutely polluted and convoluted from it's original intent in this thread.

JBullard wrote:

I do get riled when someone bashes a product that they have never used, much less even seen, and to have the GALL to do it on the product makers own support forum.

I couldn't agree more.

And for the record John, you AREN'T the ONLY one who made that "assumption". In politics, the way the OP worded the original post, is referred to as push-polling - a sleazy, underhanded practice designed to elicit only the answers the poller wants.

Anyone who thinks I am trashing LOR is a BLOOMING IDIOT!

If I thought for one minute that LOR made "junk" as others are attempting to force words I never stated, I've got bad news for you, if I was anywhere near thinking LOR was junk I'd have SENT EVERY CONTROLLER BACK and ANY OTHER HARDWARE I HAVE PURCHASED and demanded a refund for everything.

I have just in the month of October during my display RECOMMENDED LOR TO OVER 50 PEOPLE, I HAVE ALSO RECOMMENDED LOR TO AT LEAST 30+ PEOPLE FROM QUESTIONS ABOUT MY VIDEOS.

So for someone that others seem to think I beleive LOR to be JUNK don't have a freakin' clue.

No rational or anyone with any sense would trash a product they use, I DID NOT TRASH S3, nor did I "solicit" opinions expressly to be negative, I expressed questions for BOTH, but it seems the BRAIN DEAD MORONS HERE CAN'T READ THE ENGLISH LANGUAGE. PLEASE GO BACK TO SCHOOL TO BE ABLE TO COMPREHEND WHAT I ELUCIDATE!

THIS THREAD SHOULD HAVE BEEN CLOSED WHEN I REQUESTED IT BECAUSE THIS JUST KEEPS GOING WHERE IT NEVER SHOULD HAVE WENT.

Orville wrote:

THIS THREAD SHOULD HAVE BEEN CLOSED WHEN I REQUESTED IT BECAUSE THIS JUST KEEPS GOING WHERE IT NEVER SHOULD HAVE WENT.

I think Dan is busy trying to get the CCB's to work...

which is WAAAAAAY more important!!!

:P

Orville wrote:

I think I'm a bit old to just be blooming, but that's another story...

I might not have the comprehension skills to fully appreciate all that's been elucidated here, but I DO know enough about using proper English to know that "have went" is an excellent example of semi-illiteracy, - a rather poor example indeed for someone who's trying to impress others with his grammatical skills.

Being close to the technical side of this, I can tell you without hesitation that S3 has been the BEST major upgrade to a piece of software that I have ever been involved with. My professional career spans 25 years, and from what I have seen (and remember, I hear about stuff behind the scenes that you never will) the few bugs that were found are trivial to AT WORST minor. That never happens.

What I see most often being reported is simply confusion - not knowing how something works in the new suite. My most frequent answer to questions has been 'Did you read the tutorial?'.

With a single exception, one that I have not yet had a chance to verify, I haven't had ANY reports of Vis bugs in the past week (or is it 10 days?). I can't think of a single instance where I have heard someone say 'S3 is so bad that I went back to S2'.

All of us worked very hard to ensure this is quality software. That starts with Dan, trickles through the developers, and goes all the way to beta testers. Yes we are proud people, and perhaps my vision is clouded due to my position, but I can't personally see the release of S3 as anything but a rousing success.

For the few issues that have come up - and let's face some facts they always do - we have been here to help. Bob, Brian and I have been here days, nights, and weekends. I know for the first week I spent 16 hrs/day in the forums or chat to ensure I was here to help. We did this just in case someone found something so bad we had to fix it immediately. That time never came.

Trust me - if we had a bug or error that was fatal (or even major), we would immediately create an update to fix that problem. As of right now, there have been 0 show stoppers in the release.

If you are not upgrading because you want to wait until after the season, we understand. If you want to wait because you don't have the money, we understand. But I don't think it's fair to ask 'Are you glad you didn't upgrade because of ALL the issues', simply because there are/were NO major issues.

Orville wrote:

If I thought for one minute that LOR made "junk" as others are attempting to force words I never stated, I've got bad news for you, if I was anywhere near thinking LOR was junk I'd have SENT EVERY CONTROLLER BACK and ANY OTHER HARDWARE I HAVE PURCHASED and demanded a refund for everything.

I have just in the month of October during my display RECOMMENDED LOR TO OVER 50 PEOPLE, I HAVE ALSO RECOMMENDED LOR TO AT LEAST 30+ PEOPLE FROM QUESTIONS ABOUT MY VIDEOS.

So for someone that others seem to think I beleive LOR to be JUNK don't have a freakin' clue.

No rational or anyone with any sense would trash a product they use, I DID NOT TRASH S3, nor did I "solicit" opinions expressly to be negative, I expressed questions for BOTH, but it seems the BRAIN DEAD MORONS HERE CAN'T READ THE ENGLISH LANGUAGE. PLEASE GO BACK TO SCHOOL TO BE ABLE TO COMPREHEND WHAT I ELUCIDATE!

Responding to a thread you want closed is not a very efficient manner to achieve your desired outcome....;)

My assessment is, based on the comments provided in the thread, is you should have no worries about upgrading to S3 when you are financially able.

I believe that was the guidance/feedback you were looking for, correct?

Most of us "brain dead morons" seem to agree the software works well. Use that group input however you chose.

DevMike wrote:

If you are not upgrading because you want to wait until after the season, we understand. If you want to wait because you don't have the money, we understand. But I don't think it's fair to ask 'Are you glad you didn't upgrade because of ALL the issues', simply because there are/were NO major issues.

Well said.

Thank you.

DevMike wrote:

simply because there are/were NO major issues.

I found a MAJOR issue (at least for me)...

there were too many new, cool things in S3 for my feeble tiny brain to wrap around!!!! :cool:

Some of you may be old enough to remember George Burns and Gracie Allen. On one of their old TV shows, Gracie made this statement:

Almost everything I know, I learned from talking to myself about things that I knew nothing about.

Kind of reminds me of someone else!

JBullard wrote:

Some of you may be old enough to remember George Burns and Gracie Allen. On one of their old TV shows, Gracie made this statement:

Almost everything I know, I learned from talking to myself about things that I knew nothing about.

Kind of reminds me of someone else!

That one earns a big, juicy +10

I know that after watching a video interview with the OP that he mentioned it takes him 100 hours to sequence a song with music, and then an additional 150 hours for a song with vocals...
He also mentioned that he 25 songs for Halloween this year...
Now assuming that all of them had vocals, this worked out to 6250 hours of sequencing... now we divide that by 365 days in a year (no rest for the wicked) and it works out to 17 hours, 7 minutes, 22.8 seconds per day of sequencing.

This means on average he is getting less than 7 hours of sleep per night...

We all know that they recommend 8 hours of sleep a night, so in reality S2 may be responsible for some of what we see here...

I think that it might be prudent, and in the interest of the OP's health if he upgraded NOW since the tools in S3 should help greatly reduce the time needed and help him get a good nights sleep! :)

S3 is not only fun but healthy too!

Better living through modern programming... ;)

Again, where did I say "MAJOR" issues? I just said "ALL THE ISSUES I'VE READ ABOUT". "Sheesh" An issue DOES NOT NEED to be major to have an impact on someones asking if that's why others may have been glad they did not upgrade or whether they did. Good Grief, I give up, screw it and I'm done with this thread myself.

Tear it apart, do what you want with it, since I'm supposedly calling LOR Junk and because I can't express an opinion, or ask others theirs without being a freakin' scapegoat, how about LOR just take back all my items and just refund my money for everything right down to the shipping charges?

Guess I better change my position and contact all those folks I've recommended LOR products to and tell them to look elsewhere, eh? Since again, I'm being force fed words I never said.

If they see/saw this thread they'd probably back out of here so fast it wouldn't even be funny.

After all, since I'm supposedly calling LOR Junk, why would they buy anything from LOR after seeing such postings?

If I came here and saw the person that just referred me to this site for information and help about getting started, really stating the equipment they just so highly touted as junk, I'd have some extremely serious reservations about buying anything from LOR and would probably start looking for some other alternative.

BTW: I only sleep no more than 2 hours, not more than 4 hours in a day, have always been that way, and while unemployed I have done sequencing from the time I get up until I go to bed, not every day, but more than most have in a day I'm sure.

And I do multiple things when sequencing too.

Orville wrote:

Again, where did I say "MAJOR" issues? I just said "ALL THE ISSUES I'VE READ ABOUT".

Can you please point me to these issues, major or not, that are preventing users from using S3? Or more importantly (as I surmise from your original post) decreasing their productivity versus S2 to the point they wished they had not upgraded to S3?

You have my word that I will work without sleep until those issues are resolved or that the problems are mitigated to the point that using S3 is at least as productive as S2 for ALL users.

Orville wrote:

Again, where did I say "MAJOR" issues? I just said "ALL THE ISSUES I'VE READ ABOUT". "Sheesh" An issue DOES NOT NEED to be major to have an impact on someones asking if that's why others may have been glad they did not upgrade or whether they did. Good Grief, I give up, screw it and I'm done with this thread myself.

Tear it apart, do what you want with it, since I'm supposedly calling LOR Junk and because I can't express an opinion, or ask others theirs without being a freakin' scapegoat, how about LOR just take back all my items and just refund my money for everything right down to the shipping charges?

Guess I better change my position and contact all those folks I've recommended LOR products to and tell them to look elsewhere, eh? Since again, I'm being force fed words I never said.

If they see/saw this thread they'd probably back out of here so fast it wouldn't even be funny.

After all, since I'm supposedly calling LOR Junk, why would they buy anything from LOR after seeing such postings?

If I came here and saw the person that just referred me to this site for information and help about getting started, really stating the equipment they just so highly touted as junk, I'd have some extremely serious reservations about buying anything from LOR and would probably start looking for some other alternative.

BTW: I only sleep no more than 2 hours, not more than 4 hours in a day, have always been that way, and while unemployed I have done sequencing from the time I get up until I go to bed, not every day, but more than most have in a day I'm sure.

And I do multiple things when sequencing too.
If you borrowed the 30 bucks from John you could get s3 and use the auto-sequencer. Then you could get some sleep. :(