Light-O-Rama Forums

Introducing Seasonal Entertainment

Ponddude

Alright, I at first thought you were talking about the floods. I see that you aren't. My mistake.

Now that I look at the spots I can see that they are tight. They will go in there with some work. In our new order I will make sure the through holes get larger. Sorry about that...

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ponddude

• Dan C

• ogamoga

• Surfing4Dough

Ok everyone, I know it has been a long time coming, but all the pre-sale orders have shipped. If you have not received your order or have not received a shipping notice, please email me at greg@seasonalentertainmentllc.com and I will see what is going on. I am extremely sorry for the delays this year, but they just couldn't be avoided.

Also, every light is now in stock and the store has been updated with the quantities. We only have a few spotlights left in stock but they are all in production so they will ship when they are available.

Greg

• 3 weeks later...

Iam try to something different and easy with some big pine trees, one is 20ft the other is 50ft. do you think one of these spot lights would be enough to do anything. Maybe 2 or 3

Attached files 246004=13397-bike honda 022.jpg

Well, the 20ft tree won't be a problem. I think 3 or 4 lights will light the whole thing around. The 50ft tree may be an issue. I don't know of a light on the market (as of yet) that can light the entire tree that tall. You may be able to get away with 3 or 4 double Rainbow floods. The height is what the issue is here.

The Rainbow Spotlights will not light that tree well at all...they weren't designed for that application.

Greg

Someone please explain the powers of DC current. Because per the specs given, the new Rainbow flood are 2.16 amps total with all on at 100%. Well, according to my Fluke 87 Meter, it is only 0.79 amps at all on at 100%??

I wired the meter in series and using a LOR DC as my controller. I have channel 1 from the (+) from the DC controller connected to the (+) wire of the RF. Then I have all 3 RGB (-) wires from the RF to the red wire of the meter which goes to the Amps port. And then I have the black Com wire from the meter connect to channel 1 of the (-) of the DC board. This puts the meter in series with the Flood. The meter is set to DC Amps Current and the reading shows 0.79?

I also did the same for each color. Red is 0.22, Green is 0.29 and Blur is 0.30? If I reverse the order of how the meter is in series, I get the same except a negative (-) reading. I tried another meter and got the same readings.

What did I do wrong?

Let me explain why and how we get our measurements.

Although we do test the lights we have we will ALWAYS publish what the full current of the board should be. What do I mean? We add up all the current draw by the LEDs on the lights and that is the number we are going to publish. The power consumption should almost never go above that reading, unless there is something seriously wrong with your setup or the LEDs we provided you. I am very confident in saying that these LEDs have very few issues and we have not seen any issues with them.

So, if you were to take the flood for example and add up their currents you will get the 2.16 amps. There are 54 LEDs on the light, with each LED drawing 40mA (they are 2 chipped LEDs now).

56*.04=2.16 amps

When we did our testing with the lights we never saw a power draw greater was too far out of that range. As the resistors heat up you can see a spike in the current consumption but as they normalize in temperature the current draw usually gets back into range.

The reason I believe you are not seeing low readings in your flood is because you have it wired backwards. Remember, the colors are switched on the negative side of the LED. So the red, green and blue wires are negative side. The positive wire is the black wire and handles the +12vdc for the entire light. (I am assuming you are using the pigtails)

Tomorrow I will get this all setup on my workbench and take some pictures for you.

Greg