Light-O-Rama Forums

Introducing Seasonal Entertainment

Ponddude

mmais68569 wrote:

Use this link but hurry special prices about to end.

http://seasonalentertainmentllc.com/store/category.php?id_category=3

Mike

All links on his website took me to pages with regular prices (I started looking at about 6pm and through 8pm). Never found any product pages with the sale prices. I wonder if there was some glitch in the site.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ponddude

• Dan C

• ogamoga

• Surfing4Dough

Greg,

Can we get an update on how soon the lights are going to ship out. I know for me I am getting excited and can't wait and im sure other people feel the same way. I know the website says end of March but how soon end of March. Also is it going to be diffrent timing for diffrent products. For example my order were 6 pre-assembled rainbow wall runners. Thanks!

Ben

Everything is in stock except the LEDs for the Rainbow Lights. They take about 3 weeks to produce because of the amount of LEDs we order at one time. In any event, they are supposed to ship tomorrow so as long as there are no hold ups in customs things should be here by the end of the week. The plan currently is to ship out all the DIY kits by the beginning of next week. The assembled products like Blizzard and the Rainbow Brain are all ready to go. The assembler is just waiting on the LEDs to complete the Rainbow lights. It takes 5 days to assemble and 3 days for shipping, so they will ship sometime in the beginning of April. All told, everyone will have the equipment by the middle of April...the latest.

Also, the LED icicle bulbs and the stringers will be here in July, as stated in the store.

• 2 weeks later...

mmais68569 wrote:

I received a tracking number for my kits, so they are on the way.

Mike

I also received a tracking #. Mine will be here in the morning!! :P

Greg,

I was checking the LEDs for the floodlights and the RED are backwards. So how will these be mounted on the board. Should the angle corner be 180 from the screen print on the board?

Everyone needs to check the LEDs before soldering.

Thomas

Wow, this again?

Greg, if this is the case, can you (or someone) provide directions for how to check the LEDs. Something that will be easy to follow?

Thank you

Hi Everyone.

Sorry for the delay but I am on the road for my "real job."

To begin, the assembled products are in production as we speak. I would expect them to ship to me by the end of this week, meaning shipping to you sometime next week.

I think I posted somewhere in here that the new LEDs are different in every sense of the imagination. The manufacturer of the LEDs told me that by them reversing the polarity of the red, they can get a much brighter color from it. That being said, all the Red LEDs have reversed polarity. You will see on the silkscreening of all the Rainbow Lights that the LEDs that are red, have the notch in the upper left hand cornor instead of the lower right hand corner. You will see is different than the blue and greens. There should be no issues here what so ever. Install the LEDs as per the silkscreening and the lights will work perfectly fine...as they were designed this way.

It was also bought to my attention that the new manuals were not updated on the site. That should have been done but someone dropped the ball. I will make sure they are all updated later tonight when I get home.

As always, if anyone has any questions feel free to email me at greg@seasonalentertainmentllc.com.

Greg

Good thing you brought that up. I probably would have soldered all the red in backwards!

I just downloaded and printed the instructions for both the floods and spots and it clearly indicated that the reds are backwards.

I also got my enclosure pieces cut and ready for assembly.
I'll post some pics when I get one done.

Ok guys, I started to solder my first spot light last night and ran into a problem. I got all the led's soldered on and the resistors. Tested the board and everything was good. I went to solder the pigtails on and the wire for the pigtails that was pre-tinned, was too large for the hole in the board. I cut off the tinned end and found that the wire itself was still too large to go through the hole. I had to cut half of the strands off to get it to fit!

I haven't checked the flood lights yet.

Greg, I would suggest you make the holes in the board larger to accommodate the larger wires.

Hmmm...Dan, I am sorry about that. We tested a bunch of different samples and they all fit. That doesn't mean you aren't having issues though.

What I personally found to work is if you head the pre-tinned ends of the pigtails and the through hole at the same time. The wires usually slide right in.

I was having the same problem as Dan, I just stood the pigtail wire at a 90 degree angle to the back of the spot light & soldered it on. I have not tested them as of yet but hope to on Wed. night. And yes I had 9 pigtails & they ALL were to big for the holes.
One thing is if the pigtail wire was solid & not braided I think that would help.

Mike

I checked mine and they dont fit either. I am sure I can make them work but when I looked at them I was sure they were big enough.