Light-O-Rama Forums

Introducing Seasonal Entertainment

Ponddude

It has been a long time coming, but I am happy to report that Seasonal Entertainment is alive and kicking!

Many of you are probably concerned about why I have decided to make this change. There are a few reasons but the legal issues are really what have driven me to take our products to the next level. New tax laws take effect this year and all our Paypal transactions (after a certain point) are getting reported to the government. I have always been nervous about how I ran things in the past. My attorney tells me that when push comes to shove, I really have nothing to stand on if something happens the way we were doing things. I just don’t want to risk it for my sake and the sake of every person who has purchase something from us before. So, change may be painful at first, but in the long run it really works for everyone.

We have made some huge changes to our website. In fact, we have a whole new website. Change your bookmarks because the new site is http://www.seasonalentertainmentllc.com. Everything you have known to love on the old site has made its way over to the new site…and then some! Improved forums, an extremely updated store front and a new help desk provider allow us to keep track of everything we need to keep track up. All your user accounts in the store have been migrated over to the new site so if you have purchased from us before, you should be able to log in the exact same way. We have new email addresses as well so if you are used to emailing me, please update your email address to the ones listed on our Contact Us page. I am sure that everyone is worried that with all these changes they are also going to see increased prices. Well, not if I have anything to do with it! The only increases in price you will see is when our prices rise on products as well. For example, all the Rainbow Lights now feature a new, super bright LED that is 4 times brighter than what was previously on the lights.

So, enough of the chit chat…what are we offering this year?

Rainbow Lights

As I said before, all the Rainbow Lights now feature new, brighter LEDs. But that wasn’t the only change. We also redesigned the lights so that you have the ability to use waterproof pigtails to attach your lights together. In the store you can choose the modular jacks or waterproof pigtails. We also will have the extension cables to attach the lights together.

The Spotlight was redesigned from the ground up. Now you can purchase it in a fully waterproof enclosure to house the light.

LED Replaceable Bulbs

That’s right! We now feature a full line of C7 and C9 LED replaceable bulbs. Every color you can think of is available. If you can’t decide on a color, check out our 7 color synchronized changing bulbs. They synchronize with each other for a really neat effect! Of course you can’t forget the socket strings, so we have those as well!

Accessories

We have teamed up with a bunch of suppliers and now offer a whole line of different accessories. If you are an LOR user and want to transition from your iDMX to Cat-5, the C-Point adapter is available from us. This transitions the XLR pin outs to the DMX standard for Cat-5 cabling.

Speaking of Cat-5 cabling, we now offer 4 different lengths of cabling.

Let’s not forget the waterproof extension cables to connect your lights together!

Year after year I was asked what the best power supply for our lights was. Well, now I just have to point you in the direction of our store. We have 2 different size power supplies that are guaranteed to work with our products.

This is the first of two scheduled PreSale Events for 2011. This event will feature the lowest prices of the season on all of the products listed. The second event will feature two new products and should start at some point in the summer. However, PreSale Event #1 will run from February 21st until March 13th at 8pm EST. By joining the PreSale Event you agree to hold shipping for up to 8 weeks from the end of the sale. (Please note that all LED replaceable bulbs and socket strings are not expected to ship until July of 2011.) I have attached a PDF file that shows all the sale prices and the items anticipated 2011 pricing. I also forgot to mention that any order of $200.00 ships free!!

As always, if anyone has any questions, please do not hesitate to ask. With all the website migration, I expect some hiccups. If you experience any issues with the store or broken links on the site, please, please let me know. My Seasonal Entertainment email address is greg (at) seasonalentertainmentllc.com. Feel free to contact me at any time or use the new Help Desk feature on the website.

Greg

Attached files 2011 PreOrder Pricing.pdf

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ponddude

• Dan C

• ogamoga

• Surfing4Dough

I didn't have a chance to get pictures of them today, but I will tomorrow. I will also have pictures of the new boards by Thursday when I get the assembly samples.

Ok one more thing...

Sorry for all the questions I feel bad

So for the power supplys is it okay to buy one power supply and use two wires from each output to power both sides of the light o rama dc board. If that is unclear basicly spliting the power with two wires going in both the one positive and the one negative slots that way you can power the board on both sides (4 wires, one power source)....or do you have to have a diffrent power supply for each side

Also once you get a power supply what kind of wireing do you use to conect the power supply to the board...can you use the same wires found in the cat 5 cable or what

And finally what is the amps on the new rainbow wall runners...

In cause you cant tell im trying to make descisions on which of the two power supplys to buy

And once again sorry if I am a bother to anyone

Ben

ogamoga wrote:

Ok one more thing...

So for the power supplys is it okay to buy one power supply and use two wires from each output to power both sides of the light o rama dc board. If that is unclear basicly spliting the power with two wires going in both the one positive and the one negative slots that way you can power the board on both sides (4 wires, one power source)....or do you have to have a diffrent power supply for each side

Also once you get a power supply what kind of wireing do you use to conect the power supply to the board...can you use the same wires found in the cat 5 cable or what

In cause you cant tell im trying to make descisions on which of the two power supplys to buy

Ben

Yes, you can power both sides of the DC board with one supply.

Use heavier gauge wire than cat-5...its typically 24 gauge solid, and not what you want. I used some 18 gauge stranded when i was doing some PS/DC board/RF testing because that was what i had on hand.

Greg..the new site looks great!!

Please keep us apprised on the progress of the new and improved rainbow flood...will likely upgrade to those, and probably forego the the fun of stuffing the board and purchase assembled and tested.

I like the new layout!!

just one complaint (so far) the window to the left with the scrolling text...

scrolls too fast...can't read it...

I always thought the "rule of thumb" for scrolling text was you should be able to read through it twice...

Personally, I think you have enough room on that left side column to make all that text static... :D

Great to see you've been making some progress.
I had a question about the new brighter led's.
what is the current draw on the floods/spots? will we still be able to run 2 of them in series on a single cat cable from the controller?

How many spots can be run on a single cable as well?

Thanks

Also, found a page thats not quite done yet.
FYI, http://www.seasonalentertainmentllc.com/blizzarddmx.htm

ogamoga wrote:

Ok one more thing...

Ben

Ben,

No worries...questions help you learn. You can do what you described for the DC controller (or the Rainbow Brain). You can also just use one connection and wire them it to both jacks of the DC card. As long as the power supply is large enough to handle the current it is controlling you will not have an issues. The 16.5 amp power supply does not split the amperage for each connection, rather it just gives you more connection options. Like Don said, don't use Cat-5 cable as your wiring for power. Use a heavy guage wire.

The new LEDs for all the Rainbow lights draw 40mA per LED. We had to do this to get the additional chips inside each LED, which in turn made them much brighter. So the lights draw the following amperage:

Rainbow Wall Runner: 1.04 amps
Rainbow Flood Light: 2.16 amps
Rainbow Spotlight: .64 amps

Just add up how many LEDs per color you have an you will know what the current for that color is. For example, the wall runner has 10 red LEDs which means it draws .4 amps for the red color. (40mA*10LEDs)

jimswinder wrote:

I like the new layout!!

just one complaint (so far) the window to the left with the scrolling text...

scrolls too fast...can't read it...

I always thought the "rule of thumb" for scrolling text was you should be able to read through it twice...

Personally, I think you have enough room on that left side column to make all that text static... :D

I just realized how fast that was moving...that is an issue! I will slow it down. Also, if you put the mouse over the text it will stop moving so you can read a section or click on a link. I will adjust the speed though as it really is too fast!

Dan C wrote:

Great to see you've been making some progress.
I had a question about the new brighter led's.
what is the current draw on the floods/spots? will we still be able to run 2 of them in series on a single cat cable from the controller?

How many spots can be run on a single cable as well?

Thanks

Also, found a page thats not quite done yet.
FYI, http://www.seasonalentertainmentllc.com/blizzarddmx.htm

Dan,

I posted the current specs for the lights above. I am also adding them to the website pages.

With the increase currently I would not daisy chain more than 1 flood or 2 wall runners together. However, if you are using the waterproof pigtails you will be able to get away about 2 or 3 floods and up to 5 wall runners. (Please note the spotlights do not have a modular jack. They were designed to fit in an enclosure and that jack will not fit inside an enclosure. Therefore you only have the option of the pigtails.)

That Blizzard DMX link should have been disabled. I am not posting anything about Blizzard DMX until we have a working protype. I will update the links.

Ponddude wrote:

I just realized how fast that was moving...that is an issue! I will slow it down. Also, if you put the mouse over the text it will stop moving so you can read a section or click on a link. I will adjust the speed though as it really is too fast!

didn't know you could do that...

that solves my issue!!!! :D

Dave Batzdorf wrote:

Was there a link on configurations? Just exactly how and what will I need to make them work with LOR.

Sure is! If you go over to the Downloads page there is a link to making the lights work within an LOR environment and with DIY equipment.

http://www.seasonalentertainmentllc.com/downloads.htm

The info you are looking for is under the Tutorials section.

[align=left]Please everyone note that I had made a mistake on the PreOrder Pricing sheet. The 9" icicles are C7 bulbs, not C9. I have updated the pricing sheet and will make the adjustments on the website. Anyone that has already ordered the bulbs I will contact via email and let you know about my mistake...Sorry about that![/align]
[align=left] [/align]
[align=left](I can't change the original post here anymore so please use the pricing sheet from this post from now on)[/align]

Attached files 2011 PreOrder Pricing.pdf

Ponddude wrote:

Like Don said, don't use Cat-5 cable as your wiring for power. Use a heavy guage wire.

So any one can answer this but for this wire can I take it out of like those nice power coards that are kinda thick and have the ground prong on it. For example use the possitive wire for one and the 2nd prong wire for another one.

Also say that doesnt work or I do real wire...what gauge wire am I looking for...in other words what do I ask for at home depot

You should you a cable like that to power the 12v power supply, however I think for the floods he is referring to something a little lighter gauge. My guess would be similar to sprinkler wire. like this:
http://www.lowes.com/pd_37098-295-49275123_0__?productId=3128705&Ntt=sprinkler+wire&pl=1&currentURL=/pl__0__s%3FNtt%3Dsprinkler%2Bwire

the connection I am refering to is from the power supply to the lor board...you were talking about floods and it is the cat 5 cable that powers the floods...so just to be clear, one more time, I am refering to the connection between the power supply and the lor board and want to know if I can use the wires from a power coard