• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• CUTTHEMUSIC

• Don Krasley

• beeiilll

• Big D

beeiilll
Where did you find the colored plugs at? All I have seen is the white,green and black. I Like the colored plug idea.

Wayne

People spray paint the slide on cap part of the plug, or you can use white, and write on them.

I love seeing all these controller boxes, keep um coming!!!

Wow!

We certainly have some talented people in this adiction.....Hobby!

Here are couple of mine!

Have a great New Year and Blinky planing for 2011!!:)

Attached files 230982=12670-2010 ICE-Lynx LE box 3.jpg

Mountainwxman wrote:

Here's my truck load of controllers.

Not everyone is pictured but I have nearly 40 of them in there.

IMAG0638.jpg

What the hell is that? It looks like you just threw everything in a box or something with no care to what happens? Did you? or is it just a bad picture?

tpctech wrote:

Wow!

Here are couple of mine!

Have a great New Year and Blinky planing for 2011!!:P

that is one clean wiring job...impressive.

But I don't recognize the board...??

Wayne K wrote:

beeiilll
Where did you find the colored plugs at? All I have seen is the white,green and black. I Like the colored plug idea.

Wayne

I bought 500 of male and female green connectors from CDI during a spring sale and just took and painted the covers with Krylon paint for plastic in white, blue, and red so that I ended up with 100 of each color covers (well actually 200 green ones - LOL).

It makes it so much easier to hook up my mini trees and mega tree with the 4 colors identified. I have 25 foot extensions leads on my mini trees so all I have to do is set them out and run the cords to a controller. Using 1 LOR controller box for 4 mini trees.

On the mega tree leads I took a magic marker and numbered them so I have the 48 leads to the box and can hook them all up without having to go look. The leads are 1 through 16 in red and then 1 to 16 in green and so on. Quick and easy hook up.

Happy to answer questions. All the little "tricks" that everybody uses sure helps us out when it is time to set up.

Bill

DonFL wrote:

Looks to be a Lynx Express DIY board to me.

Nice work on it btw.

DonFL wrote:

tpctech wrote:
Wow!

Here are couple of mine!

Have a great New Year and Blinky planing for 2011!!:P

That board is Lynx Express DMX 16ch board. I use the same enclosures for my LOR, Lynx and home brew stuff! My display is mix of LOR, Lynx DMX and some pro LED wash lights using a IDMX. I am looking at Xlight software for next year that can play a LOR S2 sequence and output to native LOR, DMX using a entec DMX Dongle ect. It looks pretty cool!

KEN

• 1 month later...

Well it somewhat depends on what kind of connectors you are interested in now doesn't it?

The number of pins, weather resistance, style of connector will all influence the cost and quality of connector.

http://www.socapex.com/

http://www.creativestagelighting.com/products/19-pin-connectors.html

http://www.csecables.com/entertainment/socapex-connectors.asp

http://www.rjfield.com/

http://www.mouser.com/amphenol/?cm_mmc=google-_-ppc-_-connectors&gclid=CNujjY7HgKcCFcbd4AodDj2-fA

These are just a few of the places to look.

I just saw that YourBroadbandStore that so many of use have bought the Kepal DeMarc boxes from, has gone out of business. Might need to start hunting for a new source now or a different box all together.

Max-Paul wrote:

I just saw that YourBroadbandStore that so many of use have bought the Kepal DeMarc boxes from, has gone out of business. Might need to start hunting for a new source now or a different box all together.

Old news. It was announced last November. Most of us went ahead and ordered extra inventory with their free shipping promo. Saved a ton of money.

Their parent company Arris still offers the Kepal boxes but require a $250 minuimum order.

Another source for a similar box is HERE