Light-O-Rama Forums

Halloween 2011 Videos

CLD Kevin

I sure hope if that would ever happen I'm living on a LARGE piece of property! Like a minimum of 5 acres and no neighbors for at least a mile in any direction!

I think if I had that many people showing up to see my display I'd be run out of town on a rail!

Although, seems to me as popular as your show has gotten now, wouldn't it be more prudent to run more than just one show a night?

I'd think that could and would cut down on the huge crowds all being there at one time. At least I would think that would keep the folks moving along and out of your neighbors driveways and such by having more than just a single show a night.

So good luck with the show, I just hope I would never get so big that I get to the point of standing room only.

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• CLD Kevin

• miaskiewicz christian

• boborino

• caniac

WOW just amazing kevin!! You should get with the police, HOA an local companys to assist. You could have the HOA charge to enter and those funds could be split up to the HOA used for the general grounds keep maintenance and to the local police dept and then you could prob write off the costs to run the show (1/2 the cost of the lights, copy of electric bill during those times (contact the power company) they would be able to break that down and give you a recipt and then it could be a tax write off for you ;) as a chartible donation! :D and then everyone is happy.

LOL that is just an insane picture!! wow!! *bows down* we're not worthy, we're not worthy!

Cracker wrote:

I only run the show once a night...6 songs...24 mins. Kevin

OK that is just insane!! that many people standing around waiting for one show thats 24 min long ;) insane!! I can see early retirement coming kevin :D

OMG that is freaking awesome, thanks for posting the picture. You have some great neighbors, but how can you get mad at that though? Its a great show to watch. Though i am surprised with crowds like that you have not shut down the show already.

Taking a family trip down to Disneyland next Sat. Might have to plan it a week earlier next year to come check out your now world famous display.

Orville wrote:

I'd think that could and would cut down on the huge crowds all being there at one time. At least I would think that would keep the folks moving along and out of your neighbors driveways and such by having more than just a single show a night.

I thought about doing 2 shows a night, but here is the problem. The traffic would be horrible getting in and out of the area between the 2 shows so I would just extend the madness. People are showing up 2 hrs early so they can get a front row seat. I would have to seperate the shows by 2 hrs which means one at 7pm and the at 9pm...my neighbors would really not like me. And I guarantee the people that showed up for the first show....most would stay for the 2nd. And the word is out that its only 1 show....so for this year....just 1 show. Thankfully only 4 days left. But its going to be the worse 4 days.

Hi, I'm new here. I saw your show on the news so I looked it up on YouTube. That is what brought me to these forums.

That picture is just insane! After watching other peoples shows, I'd really like to try it myself if I can get the funds. (I'm an unemployed college student so financial aid is my only chance.) My neighbours aren't the greatest either so I'm a little worried about that as well.

I was just wondering, with this large crowd that gathers, do you have any problems with vandalism?

PS. Doesn't anyone have streetlights on these forums?? You guys can get your houses so dark! There's a street light a couple houses down and it gives a dim light on my house which would ruin the effect if I tried doing a face.

Cracker wrote:

some of my neighbors...down the street....selling food and parking spaces. You need to permit to do that. Some people…anything to make a buck

Kevin

Incredible ! It made me laugh loud imagining the neighbors selling sausages... But I realize how difficult it is for you to deal with such a big crowd...

Don't worry I leave too far to be in front of your house this week-end but I will go on sharing your videos with my friends here in France.

Christian

Kevin,

That is absolutely incredible. It sounds like you and your neighbors are doing a great job handling the insanity that's been thrust upon you this year. You may want to start making plans for the neighborhood barbecue you'll be hosting next spring.:D

Kevin: Of course GREAT job. you tube 4 million hits + . I hope this doesn' t detour your halloween habit, Amazing your stuff is all over the world, US, UK Etc. last night a segment on our new station in Georgia (from Tallahassee, FL). Sure glad you didn;t quit last year and hope you don't EVER.

The picture of your front yard are AMAZING.

Cracker wrote:

But its going to be the worse 4 days.

Or it's going to be the best 4 days but dealing with some fame along the way. That's the way I see it... from my end anyway.

Stress is never fun until it's all over. That's when you can sit back and say WOW :shock:.

Look at it this way. Christmas is right around the corner. They will be back to see MORE :cool:. (i know you probably didn't want to hear that)

Kevin: I know of a great house in VA that those lights would look great on...LOL My little 32 channels display is causing enough problems here, I can't even imagine the insanity you're experiencing. Kuddos buddy....Totally awesome. Best of luck to you this weekend. Based on the crowd pictures you posted, it looks like you're gonna need it.

This morning : you've reached 86th rank video most seen in the World for this week on YOUTUBE !

Halloween Light Show 2011 - Party Rock Anthem
4,025,753 hits !

Halloween Light Show 2011 - This Is Halloween :
2,965,144 hits !

Many GPS will be set to Riverside this week-end I'm afraid...

I guess you will have to change your name to Carson. No ones display has gone this viral since his did in 2005. Perhaps Marty Slack's has come the closest.
I bet you are feeling a lot like the Sorcerer's Apprentice with the buckets and brooms.

Congrats and condolences at the same time. Handle it the best you can and try not to get too stressed out and enjoy it.

Just putting the word out for you locals that plan to attend. I'm having 2 shows tonight. The first will be as soon as it get dark (approx 6:30), and the second at 7:45pm.

Last night was just as crowded if not more....about 2000 people. I figure tonight will be the most so hopefully by having 2 shows, this will help.

Cracker.... Seriously I hope you can get a local store to sponsor you for Halloween, your going to need the entire stock of candy to hand out.

Good luck Cracker... I hope you can have a show still after the viral adventures. Hopefully you get to do something huge somewhere other than home with all the exposure, so you can relax at your home again!!!!

Cracker wrote:

Just putting the word out for you locals that plan to attend. I'm having 2 shows tonight. The first will be as soon as it get dark (approx 6:30), and the second at 7:45pm.

Last night was just as crowded if not more....about 2000 people. I figure tonight will be the most so hopefully by having 2 shows, this will help.

That does it Kevin. You will just have to move to a house with an empty lot in front of it and start a bus service! I should take a picture in front of my house with the 1 or 2 cars sitting out front to bring you back to reality :) And my show runs from 6:30 - 9..sheese.

The real question is... what will next year bring?

Maybe you can put a donation box out front, and then hold a block party later for everytone in the neighborhood that helped out.. just make sure the egg-nog has lots of nog!