Light-O-Rama Forums

Halloween 2011 Videos

CLD Kevin

Do I dare post the same thing again... hmmm... yeah I guess I will...

How frickin' cool!!! Every post by you makes it even cooler! But I agree... jealous and not jealous both at the same time. ;)

Congratulations on handling it well... whatta great experience for you and the family and just think of all the great stories you'll have to share for years to come.

Excellent!

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• CLD Kevin

• miaskiewicz christian

• boborino

• caniac

I'm very happy for you : you deserve your success but then I'm sure you're not against a little rest and peace... ;-)

I'm very happy for you : you deserve your success but then I'm sure you're not against a little rest and peace... ;-)

Yes Cracker....Job Well Done!!!!!!! 5,434,281 hits on You Tube...

As a second year LOR show and 1st year with 2 CCR's I had lots of questions. On one of my (many) questions, Cracker was one of the first to step up and help out. Its guys/gals like this that make this hobby (addiction) so much fun.....Also, many thanks to all the posts and 1st hand help that I have received on this Forum......

Oh, Cracker, here is some advise......you should think about doing a Christmas show...maybe not this year, but next year......lol......I guess what I am saying is that you can't retire.... :P

Wayne

Orville wrote:

Me personally, I hope my displays never get that popular, mildly popular I could deal with, but the madness Kevins' dealing with would, well, just can't think or come up with any words that could describe that feeling.

Now that may be Kevin's most unbelievable accomplishment in all of this!

(Sorry Orv, couldn't resist! :P)

Rick Childers wrote:

I am both jealous, and not jealous at the same time . . .;)

Couldn't have said it better myself.

Mighty fine set-up Kevin. You should consider starting your own business. You definitely have talent there. Good luck! :cool:

Bernie

Tonight was another great night...

I received a call from my city Mayor and they wanted to honor me and my family at the City Council Meeting for kinda putting Riverside on the map nationally...well, according to them. The City of Riverside gain a lot of exposure and the mayor and city council wanted to “express public acknowledgement of my creative and innovative contribution to the holiday spirit in the Riverside community”. It was an honor to receive the recognition. They showed the video and asked me questions. I few of the council members tried to see the show, but couldn’t get in cuz it was too crowded. I did have a long conversation with the person that does the city lights in downtown for xmas. They only do static. I suggested they “upgrade” and do a computerized light and music show. I told them I may know someone that could help them out :).

BTW, I couldn’t count how many times I went up and down my ladder, hanging of the edges, climbing on the roof, ect, ect and never hurt myself except for a few scratches. Halloween night after the final show was over for the year and I was putting things away to go inside the house to relax...I smashed my finger in the garage door which truly was very painful. Woke up this morning and it look like I had an avocado on the end of my finger. lol. Went to the docs…broke the tip of my finger.

Kevin,

The Storybook Halloween with yet another chapter...:) I love that you're able to share with our community all that is happening in yours. I agree with Jeff when I say "This has been my favorite holiday since I learned what Light-O-Rama was! Thank you for sharing. Now when is the movie and book deal signing???

I still need to find out how you mounted the CCR to the roof line.

+1000

--
Mark

PS... If you lived up North you could put that finger in the snow!

Found this on youtube. Someone video the commerical. I didnt get to see much on the actual filming as I was working the lights and sound.

It's the 1st time I'm looking forward to watch a commercial. lol

Anyway thanks to have let us all on this forum participate to your awesome saga.

:-)))

Christian

Cracker wrote:

Found this on youtube. Someone video the commerical. I didnt get to see much on the actual filming as I was working the lights and sound.

Pretty cool. I wonder if Kia minds that the winner of the Soul Shuffle Slam was released in the video though? :shock:

Apparently it is this guy:
http://www.youtube.com/user/miguel4777#p/u/5/lysGqMhIoNU

Cracker wrote:

Tonight was another great night...

I received a call from my city Mayor and they wanted to honor me and my family at the City Council Meeting for kinda putting Riverside on the map nationally...well, according to them. The City of Riverside gain a lot of exposure and the mayor and city council wanted to “express public acknowledgement of my creative and innovative contribution to the holiday spirit in the Riverside community”. It was an honor to receive the recognition. They showed the video and asked me questions. I few of the council members tried to see the show, but couldn’t get in cuz it was too crowded. I did have a long conversation with the person that does the city lights in downtown for xmas. They only do static. I suggested they “upgrade” and do a computerized light and music show. I told them I may know someone that could help them out :P.

BTW, I couldn’t count how many times I went up and down my ladder, hanging of the edges, climbing on the roof, ect, ect and never hurt myself except for a few scratches. Halloween night after the final show was over for the year and I was putting things away to go inside the house to relax...I smashed my finger in the garage door which truly was very painful. Woke up this morning and it look like I had an avocado on the end of my finger. lol. Went to the docs…broke the tip of my finger.
sounds like my kind of luck (broken finger).

I don't think the pixels are out or bad i think that he just might have missed them when programming for the commercial. or the just wigged out during the show to say "hey look at us, Kevin programmed us but we are getting smarter then we should."

ShaggySS wrote:

Very cool though in that video I noticed your CCR is missing a few pixels above the front door.

Interesting. I didnt notice it. They are still up so I will check out tonight and see if they are bad. I know it not the seq...just checked.

This is why I love seeing videos. I was watching a video of my house that someone filmed during a live show the previous night and uploaded to youtube. I notice that face #4 middle mouth wasnt showing up. I checked it out right away and the connector was lose.

Congrats on the KIA commercial Cracker! Looking forward to actually watching a car commercial (normally I despise car commercials!) Well most ANY commercials actually, but this one with your Mega Over the Top display, definitely going to be watching those KIA commericals and see how the actual commercial came out.

Also Congrats on getting recognized by your towns Mayor! What an honor that is! They should give you a key to the city too. Hey, then you could add some CCR's and hang that out for everyone to see. LOL

And sorry to hear about your finger! Never broke anything myself, but have always gotten somewhat beat up, scratched and cut putting up and taking down my display. During display set up and tear down I should own stock in a bandage company! ROFL

Again super fabulous job on your display and again Congratulations on your new found fame. :)

Cracker wrote:

Do you get a free Kia?

Cracker wrote:

ShaggySS wrote:
Very cool though in that video I noticed your CCR is missing a few pixels above the front door.

Interesting. I didnt notice it. They are still up so I will check out tonight and see if they are bad. I know it not the seq...just checked.

This is why I love seeing videos. I was watching a video of my house that someone filmed during a live show the previous night and uploaded to youtube. I notice that face #4 middle mouth wasnt showing up. I checked it out right away and the connector was lose.

I am sure with that many lights its a tad hard to do a quick light check every few days. Checking my 32 channel show is rather quick! :P

My whole reason to invest in CCR and RGB strips is I can knock out two holidays with one set of lights.

Why not throw together a few mini trees for the lawn and have a Christmas display. First you don't have to climb the ladder to take those down until next year and secondly you get more out of your investment. That or leave the display up until Sat so I can see it :) Doc probably wants you to rest your finger anyways.