• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• CLD Kevin

• miaskiewicz christian

• boborino

• caniac

Someone posted my address on a community FB page and now its going around. This is how shows get shut down when 5000 people show up. The neighbors change thier mind on liking the show quickly when they find trash all over and cars blocking driveways. Heard it happen too many time...ex: Holdman

I know it was going to happen...just hoping it wouldnt. Maybe this will turn into a retirement party? :D

Doesnt help that we are in a HOA too.

Cracker wrote:

Someone posted my address on a community FB page and now its going around. This is how shows get shut down when 5000 people show up. The neighbors change thier mind on liking the show quickly when they find trash all over and cars blocking driveways. Heard it happen too many time...ex: Holdman

I know it was going to happen...just hoping it wouldnt. Maybe this will turn into a retirement party? :D

Doesnt help that we are in a HOA too.

I would just be ready to spin it and/or take advantage of it to turn it into a good cause. Makes it a little more difficult for neighbors complain when it is all benefiting some good cause (not saying they won't still complain, but they will be more hesitant to when they will appear like the grinch.).

Cracker/Kevin, You are living most of our lor dreams. Keep up the good work! :P
So where did you buy the non ccr rgb rope light? also, are you using a dmx dc or lor dc board?

Kevin,

Thanks for the update. I agree with Jeff. Don't stop the display because of its popularity. Love your work. I want to know how you attached the CCRs to the roof line. I'm thinking of doing something similar next year.

Thanks again for the update.

Mark

BrandonH wrote:

So where did you buy the non ccr rgb rope light? also, are you using a dmx dc or lor dc board?

Yes...and Yes. Both iDMX and LOR DC Boards. The RGB Strips from RayWu, but they dont come with any connectors and a few were bad and I had to reorder. No great LOR warranty.

Tonight wasnt so bad. About 300 people. But my address just go out so it may get worse. Lets hope not.

BTW, here the clip from GMA this morning.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/10/24/halloween-light-show-2011_n_1028448.html?ref=fb&src=sp&comm_ref=false

I will also be on CTV tomorrow (Canada TV). Did a Skype Interview.

Kevin

great stuff!! i got a link to your video from a friend yesterday, and he was like, dude, you should do halloween next... i knew it was one of "our" guys...

great job!! and to see the link again today on yahoo, and GMA!! get ready for the traffic bro!!

great job, great display!!

+ 1,000,000,000!! great job. Someday when I grow up I wanna be like you! Congrats on all the success. Nice to be validated, im sure...and all of us get more looks from your work....

I about did backflips when the local news here showed up, but GMA and CNN?? Might not have remained conscious...

Kevin, I tell ya...today your display videos were everywhere! You literally hit Carson William status today. Be ready for the onslaught. Nice job on the RGB sequencing!

Excellent work Kevin!!!

And thanks for the info on the RGBs. I now have started a shopping list for 2012. :)

Kevin,

I have to say that you did an excellent job on this. The mouths of the pumpkins are right on. I showed the video to my 3 & 5 year old nieces and nephews and that absolutely loved watching it. Then one of them says "Uncle Mike, can you do that too?" I told them that "I could do that as well, but it won't be this year. The guy that did this put A LOT of hours into it, especially getting the mouths of the pumpkins to work correctly with the song. Maybe I can do something like that next year?" The response was "Ok" with a big smile on their face...

Once again, great show!!

Michael