Light-O-Rama Forums

Halloween 2011 Videos

CLD Kevin

Not meaning to change the subject but why are your videos not viewable on my iPhone. The message i get states you don't allow viewing of your video's on iPhone's.

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• CLD Kevin

• miaskiewicz christian

• boborino

• caniac

Mark Showalter wrote:

boborino wrote:
I know that when you process and edit the video, some programs let you put a watermark throughout the video with your name or trademark somewhere on it before you uploade it.. but then again, I suppose someone else could just edit it out. You could put it across the entire video, but then it would ruin the overall quality.

One of the best ways is to superimpose a "bug" or logo in one of the corners. Because the aspect ratio of the video won't change from one user to the next. The only way to get rid of the bug is to crop the entire image. Either some of the house would be lost or the aspect ratio would change.

BTW... one of my neighbors came over while I was setting up (Christmas) last weekend. He's a retired engineer and was really interested in the whole set up and how it had changed from last year.

We started talking about my not wanting any press coverage for fear of blocking the neighborhood roads. I was very surprised to hear him say he wouldn't mind a bit. Then I told him about Kevin's display going viral this year. I was even more surprised to hear him say: "Oh yeah! I saw that one on the internet."

Once again Kevin's display had traveled farther/faster than the speed of other lights.

:cool::cool::cool:

Doesn't work for TV, they thought it would, but putting the station logo and those annoying advertisements at the bottom of your screen during a tv show, logo's I can live with, but those damn annoying, oversized animated ads during a show, that should be illegal!

Anyway, there is software or add on features to some video editors out there that can strip those logo's/"bugs"/watermarks and ads from a video and leave it intact. I've got an add on that does just that, no loss of anything, no quality loss, no cropping, just removes the logo/bug/watermark/advertisement and leaves a nice clean video with no annoying advertisements.

And I got this add on for my video many years ago, so it's been doable for quite a long time now.

Of course the average user that "steals" folks work may not, or they may, have a clue about such things, but I'm guessing most don't.

I use mine for stripping the ads in TV shows I record to my computer for later viewing, so I can watch the show uninterruped without those damned pop up ads that are waaaaaaaaaaayyyy too overused during a tv show/movie. Other than that, I've never used that video add on feature for anything else.

Just want those to be aware, those things can be stripped out if you know how, and your video editing software supports such an add on/feature.

I've always wanted to put my Christmas display to music, but all I could find was the GE switch from Lowes.... It wasn't what I wanted but it was better than nothing. This year with seeing Kevin's work all over my Facebook page...... and him clearly "Plugging" LOR on the video, I get to take my display to the level I want....
I got the chance to see Kevin's display in person. We was swamped with people asking questions, and his phone going crazy, but he still took the time while setting up for that nights show, to answer my questions, show me around, and plug LOR......
I thought he must have been a employee, but no, CNN, FOX, & ABC let me know who he worked for..
Keep up the great work Kevin!! And I can't wait to see it again next year!!

Cracker wrote:

evan.a wrote:
sorry Kevin, not only your sequence are stolen. so is your display.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WjkXAymtpw8&feature=related

Thanks for the catch. It is from last year video and many people do copy and repost on thier youtube channel. I'm not sure why except to make money. This person had ads and links in the video so most likely they were getting some type of monies. I do not like that part where others copy and then make money off our creation. All my video are copyrighted for this reason (video only...not audio) and I emailed this person and asked to have the video removed...which he did. Some I emailed to remove and either dont respond (most) or flat out tell me NO becuz they are making money. In this case, I contact Youtube Copyrights and report them for Copyright Infringement. It take a while for Youtube to respond and do anything. Some of you may think I'm taking that too far, but I feel if I created it...I own it and others should not be making a profit off it. I dont post ads on my videos for profit...neither should anyone else. But maybe I should to pay for additional controllers?

Kevin

Well here's another one, scroll down. he copied 3 of your video's. All from this year.

http://www.youtube.com/user/itzDeaMan#p/u/19/h_aEGh-Zvpw

• 2 weeks later...

Someone called millioneon commented that on your video :

"I wonder if they give out light bulbs when kids come to there house?"

lol

Congratulations Cracker. Once again featured on television your pumpkin faces used in the background of LMFAO's performance on the AMA's. Good thing they didnt try to get the mouth movements right because they would of just embarrassed themselves compared to yours.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NGxrEBcse80&feature=youtu.be&hl=en&fs=1

I know I cant say I am part of the LOR community as of yet but been lurking since last year and was hoping to get in on the spring sales. Just never did maybe next year. For right now just lights and static displays.

Congrats Kevin on the AMA use, (as you can see, your sequencing was considerabley better than the "PRO's". But great to see a home grown to a international level.
You DA MAN!

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Tracy West wrote:

Big Congrats Kevin. Party Rock has over 10 million views on YouTube! Very Cool! :dude:

You're almost over 1.5mil! Keep up the great sequencing guys! :D