Light-O-Rama Forums

Halloween 2009

CLD Kevin

I too copied, I mean honored, the Cracker layout. I used 3/4" pvc and the 2x4 wire fencing. one thing I did differently is i made the whole thing separate in two sections for easy storage. I used 10mm orange. My house is light beige vinyl siding so i hope the white pvc and fencing really wont show thru too much. I also have to put it over one window that had green side shutters. I have the programming all done now, just need to cable it up in the garage to see what it looks like. Then again I probably should leave it alone, otherwise i will be far to anal about it.

The skull may be next years addition. Thanks alot guys!! :?

Dave Batzdorf wrote:

I too copied, I mean honored, the Cracker layout.

Thats funny....the "Cracker layout" :)

Question....how do get away with setting up the frames in the living room/kitchen/bedroom/ect with all the ext cords on running through the house and still be alive?? :D:D:D My wife would kill me.

Dude! We all have created a monster here. I have to blame all here on LOR and PC...:) She goes to the store and says "can we use that?" :D

Cracker wrote:

Dave Batzdorf wrote:
I too copied, I mean honored, the Cracker layout.

Thats funny....the "Cracker layout" :)

Aye, see what you started??! It's like a virus, only this one, no one wants to get innoculated against :D

I bought the 150' Pro orange roll from CDI.. only thing I wudda done different is make sure I got 18" sections.. CDI' roll has 36" sections, 'a lot harder to work into the mouth lengths.

I set my Pumpkin Face up last night in the garage for a test run. Got some mods to do. I did use 1/2 pvc vice 3/4 as previously stated. One of the biggest notes is that i faded between the mouth actions. Looks more realistic as opposed to robotic.

TJ, the lights I got, even though they were only marked at 36" sections, actually were still cuttable at 18". You just had to look for the spot between the two sections that connected the segments of lights about 1/2 way between the marks. There is absolutely no way I could have done it with 3ft sections. Even at 18" sections I had to wrap about 6" of each end of the upper eye's on the large face.

I've reworked my MonsterMash sequence, but I'm still not happy with it. I've gone back to the original posts by cracker and am better understaning his mouth movments. I may take a stab at it next week while on vacation.

I still have to figure out the best way of mounting these to my house. (see attached)

I'm thinking one above the garage, one possibly at the top of the arch entrance, one on the big window upstairs, or possibly the last two side by side.

Attached files 212798=11867-house.jpg

Mouth Movements Instructional

I have followed several threads regarding mouth movements over the past year and had put together a reference from the forums that I use. I just updated it and thought I'd share the new reference.

I am not the author of any of the content and give all credit to those that have posted and recommended websites with useful information as listed in the intructional.

Attached files Mouth Movements Instructional.pdf

Good morning Bob-o..You reminded me that Chuck from PlanetChristmas did a page on cutting rope light, that it can be cut at abt the 18" point between sections, I'll look at a piece and try it.. 36" lengths worked for the large face, no doubling, folding or covering needed, but its impossible for the smaller chorus faces so thank you!

As for mounting them, looks like the big window in center upstairs is main face, smaller windows to left and right are two chorus faces and third is below garage roof peak. Since I made mine 6' and 4' squares, all four of them fit under the garage front roof peak (I have a 3-car (2x1) garage).Thanks again!

Teege

Dave Batzdorf wrote:

I set my Pumpkin Face up last night in the garage for a test run. Got some mods to do. I did use 1/2 pvc vice 3/4 as previously stated. One of the biggest notes is that i faded between the mouth actions. Looks more realistic as opposed to robotic.

Dave,

Did you just do a fade down and fade up for one square between each movement, or did you let them overlay each other? A quick screenshot of a sequence would be helpful.

Well I've got most of my display up.
(my "cracker layout")
I still have a lot of decorations to put up but I'm 98% done with my light-o-rama setup. I still need to do some minor mouth adjustments but here is my first video of my setup. Love to hear some thoughts.
Thanks.

Two thumbs up Kneel!!! I'm still working on what hardware to mount my faces and shopping for the rest of the yard. I'm hoping to have them up by the weekend. I'l try to get a vid up soon, but I really like your layout. Great work!