Light-O-Rama Forums

Media playback error

k6ccc

1 hour ago, Kyle Whitaker said:

dgrant

Did it move onto the next sequence or "freeze" the show after the error?  I have seen both so I am curious.

Kyle

Well, it sort of proceeded and then again, not. The video quit completely and would no longer appear. The lights were functioning outside on the next sequence but it was late last night just before the show was ending, so I ended it on purpose.

Edit, I recompiled the video the the sequence with the replacement video under a new name. I then loaded it up via the Live Player and ran it. It appeared to work, so I still don't know what happened last night other than the failure reported above. Matt said they were looking into it and given enough information, they'll find the issue and fix it in a future update.

Edited by dgrant

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Kyle Whitaker

• dgrant

• k6ccc

• Crimson Lane Lights Etown

dgrant,

Well it is SUPPOSED to relaunch the media player if it errors.  I would wonder if it was minimized and you didn't notice but I suppose it is too late now to be certain. Are you running the video on a second screen?

Kyle

I am indeed running the video on a second screen. Actually I have 4 but the video plays out on my screen #3. Never minimized and its why I saw there was an issue. The player apparently did restart but the video to my screen #3 was now smaller and not full screen as commanded. It was also frozen even though the show player had moved onto the next sequence. When I manually tried to full screen it again, the window simply vanished, meaning LOR's video player had also stopped working.

Edit: LOR's video player would not restart.

Edited by dgrant

Update: After my post 7 hours ago that the show hadn't gotten the media error in 5 days it of course did during the second pass through the show tonight.  Froze the show etc....

There are actually 2 bugs here:

1) When the recovery from a media player error works, the video window is recreated without full screen set.

2) Recovery from a media player error can sometimes (often?) freeze the show until you skip the currently playing sequence.

Fixes for both issues have been tested and will be in the next release.

Matt Brown,

That is great news but can we get a release made?  For now I have to obsessively watch the show to see if it freezes so I am ready to manually skip to the next sequence :)

Kyle

I kind of like the idea of having to stay home and watch the show to make sure it does not freeze.  I will be using that excuse so I don't have to visit inlaws this year.:P

Crimson Lane Lights - LOL I understand. My problem is the lights are at the church so wherever I am I am glued to the camera's that I have setup waiting to see if it stops working.  It also runs as a "30 minute show" so people expect it to start on the hour and half hour so skipping sequences messed up the timing. The App has been a lifesaver and rock solid for skipping to the next sequence when it freezes and then pausing at the end of the 30 minute show to get the timing back on track.

IMG_8136.PNG

On 12/22/2022 at 9:23 AM, Kyle Whitaker said:

Matt Brown,

That is great news but can we get a release made?  For now I have to obsessively watch the show to see if it freezes so I am ready to manually skip to the next sequence :)

Kyle

We weren't planning to do a release this week, but because you asked we did it. Version 6.1.8 is now available for download.

https://store.lightorama.com/pages/download-software

First, Merry Christmas!

I can confirm that the "auto skip no freezo" feature that occurs during Media playback error : 0xC00D11B1 in update 6.1.8 is functioning as I have experienced this vent already.

Finally, Merry Christmas! 

:

Crimson Lane,

Great news!  It throws my show times off a little but so much better than everything just stopping! 

To the LOR developer(s) - Great job, that could not have been easy to reproduce or fix so quickly! 

Merry Christmas!

Kyle

6.1.8 seems have fixed the video window issue too but its a bit early to state as fact. I'll be watching closely again tonight.