Light-O-Rama Forums

N4-G4-MP3 Director Documentation

prevue12

On 11/30/2020 at 6:06 PM, BluMan said:

The documentation also states "The director is normally powered by the nearest Light O Rama controller or a USB485B PC adapter." but when only connected to a Pixcon 16 it doesn't seem to get any power from that LOR controller.  Is that true or am I missing something?

And there is one other option that you can use if you don't have a way to supply power to the Director via cat5 cable, you need a 12VDC adapter, this one from LOR: http://store.lightorama.com/12vowatr.html

16 hours ago, Orville said:

And there is one other option that you can use if you don't have a way to supply power to the Director via cat5 cable, you need a 12VDC adapter, this one from LOR: http://store.lightorama.com/12vowatr.html

Thanks for that!  That's exactly what I did.  I would like to see the documentation changed to say "Any AC Light of Rama controller" but it makes sense once I was reminded that a pixcon is a DC controller.

1 hour ago, BluMan said:

Thanks for that!  That's exactly what I did.  I would like to see the documentation changed to say "Any AC Light of Rama controller" but it makes sense once I was reminded that a pixcon is a DC controller.

What's amusing to me is the "Directors" all run on DC power!  The AC Controllers put out 9VDC via the Cat5 cable RJ45 jack for accessory power.   Yet, the Pixie2D for example are 12VDC output to the lights, but are powered by AC current before it gets changed to that 12VDC output for the RGB lights.   So you'd think that if the jumper is set to use  accessory power via a cat5 cable connection to a Director it would power it right? LOL

But I think it may have to do more with the mA than the voltage,  Since you'd think any Controller that used 12VDC power could, or would, power a Director.

Edited by Orville
correct some typo's.

10 minutes ago, Orville said:

What's amusing to me is the "Directors" all run on DC power!  The AC Controllers put out 9VDC via the Cat5 cable RJ45 jack for accessory power.   Yet, the Pixie2D for example are 12VDC output to the lights, but are powered by AC current before it gets changed to that 12VDC output for the RGB lights.   So you'd think that if the jumper is set to use  accessory power via a cat5 cable connection to a Director it would power it right? LOL

But I think it may have to do more with the mA than the voltage,  Since you'd think any Controller that used 12VDC power could, or would, power a Director.

The 2D has a limited Power source (p26 in the UG) and no fuses, so that is probably why the 2D does not have  that ability. 2nd Gen  Pixies 8,16  Have a Jumper (JP2) to allow Aux power AND the logic bank must be 12V

• The topic was locked