Light-O-Rama Forums

How old are you? ...thats not rude to ask is it?

ShowProKevin

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ShowProKevin

• Videoguy84

• grandad

• Tim Fischer

Wow, I feel young now. :D

I'm 24 and this will be my second year with LOR, but I've been doing synchronized light shows in some form or another for about 12 years now, which would mean that I started messing around with lights before I was even in my teen years. Yes, while all the other kids my age were out playing sports and whatnot I was at home...tinkering with my lights :P I'm sure a few of you here can relate...

Videoguy84 wrote:

Wow, I feel young now. :D

I'm 24 and this will be my second year with LOR, but I've been doing synchronized light shows in some form or another for about 12 years now, which would mean that I started messing around with lights before I was even in my teen years. Yes, while all the other kids my age were out playing sports and whatnot I was at home...tinkering with my lights :P I'm sure a few of you here can relate...

Same here, Videoguy! :)

61 in November. Took early retirement at 55, got bored, had two heart attacks and decided that I had to find something to keep me occupied and LOR fit the bill. Then, I had to get a part-time job to afford the Hobby:) Part time job caused me to lose weight and I feel great. Who needs Weight Watchers when you got LOR!

A lot of old geezers in here I see !!!

59 here. Retired last year. Now this hobby makes me feel like I am working full time at home !

mmais68569 wrote:

58 retired & first year withg LOR. I used sight & sound last year. This year 32 CH 21,000. I almost got you Martin.

Mike

Mike,

You are a mere youngster then :P

I see, at the moment we are all beaten by Geoff at 64/65. Good on yer Geoff :)

Isn't it true that you are as young as you feel, and when I'm working with L-O-R I feel like a kid again. ( mind you, I never really did grow-up)

Martin

33, going on 12 (just ask my wife). Third year with LOR with no end in sight. Less than 30 days until I can hang my first string of lights!!

53 in November. 4th year animated, 1st year LOR. Nowhere near retired - my wife won't let me.

Since I was trained in electronics in the Air Force, I'm a midrange computer programmer, and my 'other' hobby is building R/C models, creating animated displays uses my experience in just about everything I've done. Now if I only had artistic talent to go with everything else, I wouldn't have to copy what others do.

A primarily Christmas centered chat board and nobody has responded with

"As old as my tongue and a little older than my teeth."

I'm in the 49th year of my childhood. This is my first year with LOR.

40 ... 41 in January ... and just as goofy as ever. Confessed research-a-holic.

I don't plan on growing up ... ever. This hobby should help keep me young, IMHO. My kids affectionately call me "crazy", which I don't consider an insult.

I have a background as a guitar and bass player and singer in a rock band ... so bringing a little of that to the show as well. Did my own voiceovers and even used my Korg Karma for some of the musical backing.

2008 will be my first year using LOR.

Had a pretty big static display in 2006, 2007 ... but nothing spectacular. My Dad and my Grandfather were both inventors ... so I can feel that in my blood as I work this hobby. Its a great outlet for OCD inspired genius and big hearts.

Got into it for the technical challenge ... but found so much more ... great people and a real sense of community. My wife is tolerant but not loving it yet. My daughters are thrilled and about as crazy about the show details as I am ... serious LOR addicts in the making.

A lot more interesting than computer-controller sprinkler systems ... which was my 2006 project.

Wow, what a great group!

58 and 2nd year with LOR. Fourth year in animated illumination. What a great hobby and the results are awesome!

Thanks to Dan and LOR for taking us on this road!

16 channels for Halloween and 78 for Christmas!

And thanks to all of you! You all make this as much fun and the lightshow itself.