Light-O-Rama Forums

How early do you start for Christmas?

airborneSRT

44 minutes ago, Jaynee said:

We set up our entire display in four days from Thanksgiving Thursday - Sunday, with lights going live that Sunday night.

Wow, how many people set up with you? Must have the routine down pat. For being my first setup, I know I'm going to need to custom make extension cords and light strands. As well as figure out the route of all the cables. I am going at it solo, so I feel its gonna be a bit for me. Next year it'll probably be a third the time.

1 hour ago, airborneSRT said:

Wow, how many people set up with you? Must have the routine down pat. For being my first setup, I know I'm going to need to custom make extension cords and light strands. As well as figure out the route of all the cables. I am going at it solo, so I feel its gonna be a bit for me. Next year it'll probably be a third the time.

I finished making the 4 sets of AC cords (~250' total) for the PLANNED driveway entrance borders (4@ Pumpkins or Big Bulbs either side of each) . Dug a ditch under the walk paver bricks, used a piece of 4" black corrugated drain so I can pass a wad of cables under (avoids a tripping hazard). Everything is intended to leak out any rain. Prepping for 2 more tombstones (due tomorrow) . Still 'window' shopping. problem is, most props are too big for my postage stamp yard, 1 story house shape.

And, yes, this is a solo gig. Kids around here don't mow lawns or do other work for  $.

On 5/6/2019 at 10:12 AM, airborneSRT said:

It's usually just me and my husband. Sometimes the kids help figure out where to put the lighted animals, or stake a few into the ground, but usually it's just me and hubby.  This past year I did all the LOR stuff and he did the inflatables and animals.