Light-O-Rama Forums

Now Sharing ~ Zombie ~ Bad Wolves singing faces

dibblejr

3 hours ago, dibblejr said:

Sorry, due to recent events I will no longer share with members of a sharing group.

To many people that do not have integrity even after the read "private use only". This may put me out of the sharing business and start considering opening up shop.

JR

the amount of disrespect people have for one another never ceases to amaze me.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, dibblejr said:

Sorry, due to recent events I will no longer share with members of a sharing group.

To many people that do not have integrity even after the read "private use only". This may put me out of the sharing business and start considering opening up shop.

JR

I am sorry to hear that i know you put a lot of hardwork into what you do. If you do open up a shop i will be sure to come to you. you do amazing work and to be honest i feel you should be getting something for all the work you do.

Jason

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, dibblejr said:

Yes, the noose is tightening. Mine have been sold on ebay. Ebay and Paypal has their ways, proof is easy since email date stamp and mine are unique the way I use the consonants unlike papagayo. Easy when I share on …. day and shortly after that its for sale or being shared. I am just glad someone out there was looking out for me to tell me about that group.  Paypal simply bans the IP, name and bank accounts. According to my last problem the only way for an individual to get their paypal back is to move, create all new accounts and a new email address. Imagine not being able to use paypal.

I think of that group as a Napster 4.0 with people sharing every aspect of a sequence and music, its easy with all of their FB info posted.

There is a reason LOR stopped allowing members to share music files.

At least some still have integrity.

JR

I'm still burning about this... I always come into the forum and look at all unread content and think to myself, "damn, he puts out a lot of songs" when I see all your sharing posts. I've sequenced and resequenced over 40 Christmas songs and that's months of work. Months with headphones on not spending time with wife, kids, grandkids, etc... and I know you have more time in than me (especially since I'm not doing smart pixels yet). Did I say this mad me mad yet? Because this makes me mad.

I haven't done singing faces yet (coming for me in 2020), but I do sequence a lot of the words in songs and that is just brutal. Playing at 1/4 speed, right-click, add mark, rewind, play, right-click, add mark, rewind, play, repeat. Ugh, now I'm just getting more mad. I'm going to back to drilling holes in blow molds to get out some aggression.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, MichRX7 said:

I'm still burning about this... I always come into the forum and look at all unread content and think to myself, "damn, he puts out a lot of songs" when I see all your sharing posts. I've sequenced and resequenced over 40 Christmas songs and that's months of work. Months with headphones on not spending time with wife, kids, grandkids, etc... and I know you have more time in than me (especially since I'm not doing smart pixels yet). Did I say this mad me mad yet? Because this makes me mad.

I haven't done singing faces yet (coming for me in 2020), but I do sequence a lot of the words in songs and that is just brutal. Playing at 1/4 speed, right-click, add mark, rewind, play, right-click, add mark, rewind, play, repeat. Ugh, now I'm just getting more mad. I'm going to back to drilling holes in blow molds to get out some aggression.

No worries, when you get ready to learn faces I can/ will help you. BTW- its no 1/4 time for me, full speed.

Glad to know there are some others with integrity.

Another member here went to a mini with me, he wanted a face sequence and watched me hand pound it out in two hours. He was amazed and we have become great friends even though he lives 500 miles away. 

Also have an SSD drive. According to Samsung my HDD's kept giving up every year because they can only take so many rewrites. When they asked me what I do they told me I needed SSD drives for that. Since changing my sequencing computer to SSD's I haven't had a failure.

Since manually hand pounding my face sequences I normally spend 2 hours a day while sitting in my truck in the school pick up line sequencing. Some time on weekends and weekend nights after all go to sleep.

JR

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, dibblejr said:

No worries, when you get ready to learn faces I can/ will help you. BTW- its no 1/4 time for me, full speed.

For me it just depends on the song and how fast the words are zipping along if I drop to 1/4. Usually I'm flipping between two props or two color strings on the same prop to emphasize words. The Polar Express was a rough one as was the sequencing of Small Word Holiday voices. Tom Hanks slur sings, and kids sing too fast, lol... Silent Night, not so tough. David Bowie and Bing Crosby on Little Drummer boy, not so tough. Luke Bryan on Run, Run Rudolph, slightly tough. 🤣

Hey there JR, just read all this and agree with you and the others, just makes me mad that someone does this kind of stuff, you put the hard work in, offer to share, then they just take it and make profit from your work.  Sorry that they are doing that, I guess some people have no respect or conscious and don't care who they hurt or upset in the process of there actions. I just want to extend a BIG thank you to both you and James, if it weren't for you guys, neither my Halloween show or Christmas show would be as nice as it is.

JerryG

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, jerryg said:

Hey there JR, just read all this and agree with you and the others, just makes me mad that someone does this kind of stuff, you put the hard work in, offer to share, then they just take it and make profit from your work.  Sorry that they are doing that, I guess some people have no respect or conscious and don't care who they hurt or upset in the process of there actions. I just want to extend a BIG thank you to both you and James, if it weren't for you guys, neither my Halloween show or Christmas show would be as nice as it is.

JerryG

Thank you kindly. The sellers are easy to catch. Its the sharers that share them with the world and you never know. Its easy for me to bounce email address's and names on FaceBook and Ebay. Even easier when I purchase a sequence and compare it with mine. All the dates are there on emails and then the ebay or selling site posts it shortly after. And the exact matchup once copy pasted into my config is all that ebay and paypal needs to do their part in stopping it. 

I am rethinking how I will handle this and may just put in my directions asking everyone who requests a copy to provide me with their unit ID and channel configs for the faces only. All they would do is tell me unit 1 and 2 and their face / lip channel number and then I simply fix it and copy protect it. That way it will be almost unuseable to anyone but them.

But I am still figuring out do I just stop sharing all together or add the extra time to do it the way I am thinking. I mean I did Git Up, Old Town Road and Gods Country and shared them and almost immediately they were being shared on FB. So obviously someone has no morals, respect nor integrity. 

I am angry about it mostly because it is affecting the general population here.

One thing about it, I will no longer take special requests or VO's for free as I have always done. But that's not a topic of discussion for here.

Most of the people selling on ebay for little to nothing, that alone says something. They either know their work is crappy or they received them for free so not costing anything to them if they can sell them for $4 - $5 is all without the hours. That is why most people doing custom sequences charge per minutes and some even by the seconds and the number of singers in the song.

I apologize to everyone for not sharing at this time until I figure out how I am going to handle the situation.

If you want a sequence and provide me with the unit ID (s) and channels per outline, Eyes Open, Eyes Closed, top lip, vowel mouth, O mouth, mid lip and bottom lip I will try my method to see how it will work. I need a tester any way.

Once again thank you for the kind words and support.

JR

• Like 1

Good morning, or eveninng there i beleive if willing i would love to test your new method. i used your same channel setup on unit 1. i do also have a question once its copy protected would i still be able to add in my second controller and program that portion?

jason

1 hour ago, Bobothegreat said:

Good morning, or eveninng there i beleive if willing i would love to test your new method. i used your same channel setup on unit 1. i do also have a question once its copy protected would i still be able to add in my second controller and program that portion?

jason

Yes, you would be able to add your other controllers. You just cant see the sequence.

I didn't have time to test it today but hope to before I go to bed.

JR

5 minutes ago, dibblejr said:

Yes, you would be able to add your other controllers. You just cant see the sequence.

I didn't have time to test it today but hope to before I go to bed.

JR

ahh thats actually pretty cool and a great idea

9 hours ago, dibblejr said:

I am rethinking how I will handle this and may just put in my directions asking everyone who requests a copy to provide me with their unit ID and channel configs for the faces only. All they would do is tell me unit 1 and 2 and their face / lip channel number and then I simply fix it and copy protect it. That way it will be almost unuseable to anyone but them.

But I am still figuring out do I just stop sharing all together or add the extra time to do it the way I am thinking.

This might not be as much work as you are thinking.  I suspect most of us don't have that many controllers - We have 4 faces using Unit 1 and 2 (both for Halloween and Xmas - Monsters/Trees).  I changed all our existing sequences to use YOUR channels this year and I have certainly gotten the impression that many others here have also done that.  It might be enough to have a couple versions for the most common Unit numbers (probably 1, 2 or 3?) and just tell people if they want to use your sequences then they need to re-arrange and use your channels for the mouth positions.

I think this would be a little less flexible for users, but that is probably a small price to pay to be able to get this kind of help.  Because I have 4 faces, I have edited some of the sequences I received - For example, O Fortuna was for 2 faces, I copied face 1 to 3 and 2 to 4 so I had 2 singing back and forth and all 4 during the joint parts.  I probably wouldn't be able to do that if it is locked down, but that is still WAY better than trying to sequence several new songs heading into a holiday.

I'm not sure that this would work for the ones where James has added in other props.  The odds of us all having similar props on the same channels is unlikely.  I have copied the channels for his 16x50- matrix to my 16x50 pixel tree and I think there were tombstones that I copied over to my 8 single channel pumpkins.  Do these have the same problems with people stealing them, or is it pretty much the faces that are the big problem?

pjd

3 hours ago, Bobothegreat said:

jason

Ok, so we had a chance to test it and unless all a user has is 4 faces in a particular sequence it would be worthless. For example if you have a show with faces (any number 4 or less) and had one sequence with just faces you can use it in your show. However if you were expecting to use it with a full sequence you cant.

I spoke with James and since we both have hearts, we do not want to penalize new members or members that do have integrity etc. Its a simple solution. Anyone requesting will type in their request that they understand they will not sell or share our sequence and that modifying or adding it to their sequence does not give them the right to share or sell. Members without integrity caught will be reported to LOR staff.

Any new/ custom requests must be made through PM or our email address's and we will discuss in private but the same rules will apply.

We will share the old sequences only - no sequences produced from here on out will be shared. 

We can only assume that everyone in the world has our sequences based on recent events.

JR

• Like 1

i understand. Also i will not share or sell any sequence from you or anyone else i have recieved one from.

JR, I would love to try this sequence (Zombie).  I agree to not share or sell anything in relation to the usage of or incorporation of your sequence(s) (or anyone else's).  I truly enjoy this hobby, and get great satisfaction hearing the kids laughing from their cars, and the positive feedback from parents.  Posting of videos that contain your sequences I assume is not an issue?  My show can be found at Woodlea Hills Lights on Facebook.  hasslerk@verizon.net

Edited by hasslerk
add email address

Sent As per the new policy: You understand You will not share or sell this sequence. you understand adding it to your sequence or modifying it does not make it your work to share or sell

• Like 1

I also completely agree not to share your sequences, I know there are tons of hours in developing these.  I am not sure if you still need my channel layout or not, but I can post if you do. usmcdad1775@yahoo.com. And thanks again for all the work you share. My youtube channel is "fort worth light show" its small compared to most on here, but the kids love it.

Wow found a person close im next to Cleburne Texas 20 min south of Forthworth sent you Email Sent you Standard sequence

Edited by james morris

On ‎10‎/‎24‎/‎2019 at 8:48 PM, hasslerk said:

JR, I would love to try this sequence (Zombie).  I agree to not share or sell anything in relation to the usage of or incorporation of your sequence(s) (or anyone else's).  I truly enjoy this hobby, and get great satisfaction hearing the kids laughing from their cars, and the positive feedback from parents.  Posting of videos that contain your sequences I assume is not an issue?  My show can be found at Woodlea Hills Lights on Facebook.  hasslerk@verizon.net

Did James send this to you

JR