Light-O-Rama Forums

Connecting P10 LED panels to LOR?

brichi

10 hours ago, MGoBlue102 said:

What Amp power supply do you have in the photo?

a lot of those looking ones are 5v, 300-350 watt, 60A.

For the amount of panels you are doing you definitely need 2 power supplies

38 minutes ago, caniac said:

not sure the amperage but it's a 350w 5volt power supply.

It's a 60 amp power supply.

By using a Raspberry Pi to drive the panels the panels are not drawing as many amps as they normally would.

You should figure 2 amps per panel when they're running to full potential like when using a colorlight card. 

When I switched my 4x8 P10 panel setup from a Raspberry Pi to a color light card I had to add an extra power supply.

Edited by Ebuechner

9 minutes ago, Ebuechner said:

It's a 60 amp power supply.

By using a Raspberry Pi to drive the panels the panels are not drawing as many amps as they normally would.

You should figure 2 amps per panel when they're running to full potential like when using a colorlight card. 

When I switched my 4x8 P10 panel setup from a Raspberry Pi to a color light card I had to add an extra power supply.

Aren't you using the raspberry pi along with the color light receiving unit?  

1 minute ago, MGoBlue102 said:

Aren't you using the raspberry pi along with the color light receiving unit?  

yes but there are 2 ways of doing it

raspberry pi with a hat to plug the panels directly into )up to 36 panels I believe total)

or

Raspberry Pi without the hat plugged into a colorlight card (up 96-112 panels depending on the version of FPP I believe) 

1 minute ago, brichi said:

yes but there are 2 ways of doing it

raspberry pi with a hat to plug the panels directly into )up to 36 panels I believe total)

or

Raspberry Pi without the hat plugged into a colorlight card (up 96-112 panels depending on the version of FPP I believe) 

Okay got it.  That is what I will be running as well. I'm still not that familiar with the color light product either.  I see it has 16 outlets on it. Is each outlet responsible for a determined number of panels?

you can configure them however you want but as of the lates Falcon software each output can handle 14 panels, I have only gotten 12 to run on each output though but I don't need that many, was just doing it as a test

49 minutes ago, k6ccc said:

The ColorLight card most of us are using is eight outputs - not 16.

Oh ok, I saw the 5A-75B and the 5A-75E model, figured the E model was newer/better.  No idea exactly.

• 2 years later...
On 12/14/2017 at 12:13 PM, caniac said:

that's definitely the easy part, mine is pretty light (I used and aluminum frame).  It has a groove in the front for plexi if I want to water proof it as well as one behind it.  depending on the wind you should have several options.

Do you have a picture or link the the Aluminum you used to make the frame?

• The topic was locked