Light-O-Rama Forums

Ethernet Issues

Capt_Bill_USMC

13 minutes ago, Capt_Bill_USMC said:

Thanks!  I'll just hook everything back up tonight and see if I can get it to work.  If it doesn't then my CCR tree will just stay constant green and it will become the most expensive steady led tree out there.  If I had known DMX would be this hard, I would've stuck with basic LOR.

BS!, we are goint to get that tree working. I use a Alphapix16 for my tree and I will drive to Beaufort if I have to.  :D

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Capt_Bill_USMC

• arnolddeleon

• Mr. P

• TheDucks

9 hours ago, Mr. P said:

BS!, we are goint to get that tree working. I use a Alphapix16 for my tree and I will drive to Beaufort if I have to.  :D

Thank you!  I appreciate it.  I will let you know what is happening!

8 hours ago, arnolddeleon said:

I'm with Mr. P, that tree is going work! 

Thank you!  Will let you know what happens soon!

Ok, I probably should start a new topic, but, this may be related to my above issues.  The reason why I want to play just the tree is because I doubt I have everything set up correctly.  So, when I copy/paste from a DMX CCR Tree timing, into my DMX CCR Tree timing, the timings are off.  I fear that I don't have something setup correctly that is throwing this off.  I have ensured that the fixed grids match.  I have tried everything, from just clicking copy to clicking copy timings.  It isn't copying the exact same thing.  Thus, the reason why I want to just watch my show on my tree only.  What am I doing wrong?  How do I copy from one sequence to another from DMX to DMX?  I know how to copy non DMX, works every time and the timings line up correctly, but never with DMX.

Thank you!

Going to start a new topic because it appears that from within my sequence, I can actually test each channel and it works just fine.  I right click on the DMX channel and I click test physical channels on and they work just fine.  I still don't know whether my tree will work in an actual show, but I will determine that in the morning.  I will let you all know how that goes!  Thanks again! 

As far as the copy paste, make sure that you have have "paste by time" checked in the left border of SE.

Playing only the tree is easy, connect only the Alphapix16 controller that is running the tree to the computer making sure nothing else is connected. ensure the control panel is running then just play the sequence in SE.

• The topic was locked