Light-O-Rama Forums

Pause show mid-sream

gmacw

I always thought there was a pause where you could pause the show briefly then re-start where it left off. I've been using some Demented Elf voice overs to ask people not to block neighbors driveways and to dim their lights to parking lights so others aren't blinded. Most people comply and enjoy but every once in a while you get that entitled ignorant person that completely ignores the voice overs. Tonight I had to stop show and ask over the microphone to please move out of the neighbors driveway (love it when you say " you in the blue Toyota, please move so we can re-start the show!). In any case when I stop show then re-enable, it starts back at the opening sequence. Is there a way to just pause show and restart where it left off? Am I missing something simple? Hope everyone is having a successful year & Merry Christmas to all!

I always thought there was a pause where you could pause the show briefly then re-start where it left off. I've been using some Demented Elf voice overs to ask people not to block neighbors driveways and to dim their lights to parking lights so others aren't blinded. Most people comply and enjoy but every once in a while you get that entitled ignorant person that completely ignores the voice overs. Tonight I had to stop show and ask over the microphone to please move out of the neighbors driveway (love it when you say " you in the blue Toyota, please move so we can re-start the show!). In any case when I stop show then re-enable, it starts back at the opening sequence. Is there a way to just pause show and restart where it left off? Am I missing something simple? Hope everyone is having a successful year & Merry Christmas to all!

No, the show will always start over. The best thing to do is utilize an inexpensive mixer. When needed mix in the mic when you need to make an announcement, then mix  the music back in when you're done. That way, the show never stops.

Mike

Thanks for the input guys!  I know i can just talk over the music as well so the show continues.  Luckily the ignorant people are far & few compared to all the others that come & enjoy...

I'll add a 'pause show' to the wish list.

THAT would be a HUGE plus.  

Right now I have triggers on interactive will stop what is playing and put some lights on so I can do what needs to be done.. then I have one button for a 1 sec all off.  I just hit that button.   When that one finishes then the regular show takes back over on the next song.  I made a remote with a Input Pup, an ELL and some batteries.. added interactives to the show and it is a work around.. but now as good as a pause input.