Light-O-Rama Forums

Show Player Turns off Fixtures when Sequence does not

kiplorenzo

HI Gang,

So I have a Show Challenge here...

The Sequences are fantastic... When I play them through the sequence editor. The DMX Fixtures stay on as they are told to do. WHen I play the sequences with the SHow on Demand,

It uses the DMX Fixtures, but if they are not moving or just staying on in a color, it turns them off, I use these DMX Crystal Balls, and DMX Floods.. During the Sequence, playing everything happens as its supposed to. But in the show player, its turning my DMX fixtures off before the sequence tells them .

UG Show launches in 5 days and there is no Aspirin! :D  Log File:

11:34:31 PM: Connected to DMX Listener
11:34:57 PM: DMX listener error 2: Request timed out / 0:
11:34:57 PM: Connected to DMX Listener
11:35:02 PM: Connected to DMX Listener
11:34:57 PM: Show Player starting (for on demand shows)
11:34:57 PM: Schedule loaded
11:34:57 PM: Initializing LOR networks
11:34:58 PM: LOR networks initialized
11:35:02 PM: Request for show on demand received: C:\Lightorama\Sequences\2015 Light Show.lss
11:35:02 PM: Show Player initialized
11:35:03 PM: Starting show: C:\Lightorama\Sequences\2015 Light Show.lss
11:35:03 PM: Loading sequence: C:\Lightorama\Sequences\Sequences\Sign.lms
11:35:04 PM: DMX listener error 3: Comm Winsock Error / 10053: Connection is aborted due to timeout or other failure
11:35:05 PM: Starting Background: C:\Lightorama\Sequences\Sequences\Sign.lms
11:35:05 PM: Loading sequence: C:\Lightorama\Sequences\Looney Tunes Opening.lms
11:35:05 PM: Connected to DMX Listener
11:35:07 PM: Starting Startup: C:\Lightorama\Sequences\Looney Tunes Opening.lms
11:35:29 PM: DMX listener error 3: Comm Winsock Error / 10053: Connection is aborted due to timeout or other failure
11:35:29 PM: Ending Startup: C:\Lightorama\Sequences\Looney Tunes Opening.lms
11:35:29 PM: Loading sequence: C:\Lightorama\Sequences\Celtic Carol-Lindsey Stirling-2.lms
11:35:31 PM: Connected to DMX Listener
11:35:37 PM: Starting Musical: C:\Lightorama\Sequences\Celtic Carol-Lindsey Stirling-2.lms

Edited by kiplorenzo

Your show has multiple sequences playing simultaneously.  Is it possible that two or more of them are both trying to control the same channel? Please note that even if a channel is "all off" in a sequence, that sequence is trying to control it.  It is trying to turn it off, in fact.

I suggest running the Verifier against your show.  It will tell you whether you have any "channel conflicts"; if so, that could explain the issue you're seeing.

Thanks Bob, the curiosity I see is that watching the Listener, When the Show plays, I lose some connectivity on the DMX. I'm Getting A Winsock Error 100053. Since the laptop is old (still XP) i have a back up laptop that is more powerful and is windows 7. Is it hard to backup the network configuration?

I only tell the show player to play the Songs in a row.

Edited by kiplorenzo

Figured out the issue.... And GO FIGURE!

The LAN Card did not have an IP address assigned, so all of the E1.31 traffic was being sent to dmx and to E1.31.. The minute I gave it an IP Address on the same network (the show system only connects to the main network via wireless)

Every thing started behaving and playing nicely. The show now runs like it should... :D

thank you for your help Bob... I did run the verifier on the song and it came back pretty darned clean... a Few warnings but no errors.